Mid winter break questions that need answers

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys forgot to add these questions to the list you've submitted:

Is Hampton Rovers a geniune premiership contender?
Will it be an Oakleigh-Hampton Rovers final match-up?

But your happy to quote this post so it comes up again? It would have slipped quietly into the night if you had ignored it. In regards to the 'dirty laundry' if someone is in such a high profile position and they play with fire they will get burnt. Your league (SFL) continues to stumble from one disaster to another, is is an absolute joke of a comp and so are you, particulary your posts re the Socceroos. Hurry back to your SFL thread and continue your deep discussions on the Divvy 3 Ressies. The final word on your Ex CEO, in the words of Caroline Wilson, it is certainly newsworthy.

I agree with you but i just didnt think that it needed to be aired in public.

Re. the SFL. We are all deeply sorry that we arent up to your standards. The top four teams in Div 1 would be very good in B grade (and as your side is just a middle of the run team in that comp, im sure that doesnt sit that well with you!!) I think that you will find that the SFL has improved a bit over the past few years. Yes a few years ago it would have been better off folding but things have improved.
Divvy 3 ressies dont interest me mate, but after all they are just blokes having a kick on the weekend. Not everyone can take life as seriously as your good self.

Just on the Socceroos. You obviously didnt watch the game the other night, or the one previous to that, or any game they have played in the past year. The other night was the worst performance by a national sports team in many a year, and there are blokes in that team that simply arent good enough.

Re. the SFL. We are all deeply sorry that we arent up to your standards. The top four teams in Div 1 would be very good in B grade (and as your side is just a middle of the run team in that comp, im sure that doesnt sit that well with you!!)

Your Top 4 teams would be just average in C grade. Your Rep team cant beat our c-d4 team so that clearly shows where they are.

Re. the SFL. We are all deeply sorry that we arent up to your standards. The top four teams in Div 1 would be very good in B grade (and as your side is just a middle of the run team in that comp, im sure that doesnt sit that well with you!!)

Your Top 4 teams would be just average in C grade. Your Rep team cant beat our c-d4 team so that clearly shows where they are.

St Pauls beat Beauy in a praccie match by 14 goals. St Pauls had half their side out. I know it was only a praccy game but surely there isnt that big of a diffence between pre season and home and away. Beauy had a fairly full side that day too.

The problem with the interleague is that the best SFL players dont play as 1. they dont get paid and 2. they use it as a weekend to spend witht heir families and recover fromt eh first half of the season. a full SFL rep side would easily account for C-D4. They just havent fielded a full side yet.

St Kilda City, St Pauls amnd Cheltenham would all push for top 4 in B grade.

St Pauls beat Beauy in a praccie match by 14 goals. St Pauls had half their side out. I know it was only a praccy game but surely there isnt that big of a diffence between pre season and home and away. Beauy had a fairly full side that day too.

The problem with the interleague is that the best SFL players dont play as 1. they dont get paid and 2. they use it as a weekend to spend witht heir families and recover fromt eh first half of the season. a full SFL rep side would easily account for C-D4. They just havent fielded a full side yet.

I don't know if Chelt or St.Pauls would beat the Rovers buddy and we are in D1 this year

If your going to use praccy match form, didnt SBMT beat St Pauls by over 20 goals last year and from memory SBMT only had probably a third of their usual side.

SFL div 1 is C setion ammos at best.

I don't know if Chelt or St.Pauls would beat the Rovers buddy and we are in D1 this year
Spent most of the day at Rovers yesterday, what a terrific game of footy. Was happily entertined by Rovers massive unit number 60 and his shenanigans, and I must say the standard was terrific, a lot better than the first quarter I witnessed of Mordialloc vs Tooronga Malvern. That was a terrible standard of game. Not sure what division they are in, but looked like a D4 game in the VAFA.

Spent most of the day at Rovers yesterday, what a terrific game of footy. Was happily entertined by Rovers massive unit number 60 and his shenanigans, and I must say the standard was terrific, a lot better than the first quarter I witnessed of Mordialloc vs Tooronga Malvern. That was a terrible standard of game. Not sure what division they are in, but looked like a D4 game in the VAFA.

They are both in Div 1 but are both shite and get belted by the top four teams each week.

From what i have seen this year, the top four in divsion 1 SFL would be competitive in B grade ammos. The rest are terrible that would be middle of the road in D1.

tosser look at balwyn a product of the sfl 1st in efl and stkilda city would whip any team in the vafa. too hard too tough pity the was no rep game this year.

Yeah - you guys would've been gaggin' for a chance to lose to our C - D4 side, yet again. Those matches have traditionally been too hard and too tough for the SFL's best.

NB - if you think the Balwyn side running around in the EFL is even remotely similar in quality to the one chugging around the SFL for the past few seasons, then you're even less intelligent than we already think you are.

Yeah - you guys would've been gaggin' for a chance to lose to our C - D4 side, yet again. Those matches have traditionally been too hard and too tough for the SFL's best.

NB - if you think the Balwyn side running around in the EFL is even remotely similar in quality to the one chugging around the SFL for the past few seasons, then you're even less intelligent than we already think you are.

Correct Scribe. I am no SFL basher (been there and enjoyed my time) but it has become a very weak league. There would be many a D-Grade Ammos team taking it to the best in the SFL. Sad really!

Yeah i remember he umpired a game between caulfield and prahran he was lucky to get out of the ground alive, at this stage i believe he had a close affliation with Prahran, now the fields are pretty easy going supporters but some blantant cheating and bull$hit 50 meter penalties cost them fields the game. I dont support or care for either teams but i woundnt have a drongo like him on any vafa board, surely there's a more professional person available.
Go easy, Tommy is the people voice on the comittee, he keeps them in tow. He is a great man who loves the VAFA, in regards to his umpiring, he couldnt be any worse than the Old Scotch ressies umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go easy, Tommy is the people voice on the comittee, he keeps them in tow. He is a great man who loves the VAFA, in regards to his umpiring, he couldnt be any worse than the Old Scotch ressies umpire.

Well said BS. Those of us who know Tommy well, know of his passion for the VAFA and it's club's. We also know that he has no interest in being Chairman of the Board and is really happy as Footy Committee Chair.

As for umpiring well there are far worse out there than TB ever was....

How come Tom Brain likes to join up with so many clubs? Surely it would've been better if he had stayed at the one club all his life (ie ANZ Bank/Albert Park) instead of going from club to club.

No. That's not true.

Nearly every St Kevin's parent I've ever met (and there have been a few), either wish they could of afforded to send their boy to Xavier or could of gotten him in there.

If you are in the eastern suburbs, St Kevin's is the second school of choice, Xavier is clearly first.

And it shows, Skobbers have a perennial chip on their shoulder about being 2nd stringers.

Sorry if that offends, but that is the truth.

Well well well..how times have changed.
I wonder how many still have it as a school of choice?

I wonder if Ron is referring to the recent Herald Sun magazine articles.

It's not like the HS to knock down a tall poppy is it?

Just waiting for the next predicatable Mark Webber/Simon Overland/Greg Norman/Xavier College/Anyone who is a CEO/Christine Nixon etc.. bashing article.

Rhombus, I'm not sure if Xavier College is a tall poppy anymore. Their educational results have been a disgrace for the last 5 or so years, and I think they were referred to in the paper as ''Notorious private Catholic boys school''.
I am concerned by RJ69 though, where did he pull this thread from? Looking forward to his next flashback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid winter break questions that need answers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back