Midnight Oil Song

Remove this Banner Ad

No 1 Midnight Oil Song:
Blue Sky Mine

I honestly could not put a top 10 Oils songs if I tried...it would be more like top 20!

Best band I've ever seen live. Unreal they were twice in Melbourne and at WaveAid in Sydney! Hope they come back for a farewell tour!

Oils! Oils! Oils!

I know most of their fans are older than me but still not ashamed to say they are grouse!

The stuff before 10 to 1 definately is too raw for many young Oils fans to appreciate ... admittedly I become SOLD for LIFE after attending a my first OILS gig down at the Laverton Tavern?? many moons ago on the Red Sails tour and haven't looked back since.. knew some of thier older stuff but the performance they put on just too inspiring even today to think it was just another gig.. getting slapped in the face by a girl was fun... :D

Still can DANCE like PG. Just turn it up and awwwway I go.. :eek:

No 1 Midnight Oil Song:
Blue Sky Mine

I honestly could not put a top 10 Oils songs if I tried...it would be more like top 20!

Best band I've ever seen live. Unreal they were twice in Melbourne and at WaveAid in Sydney! Hope they come back for a farewell tour!

Oils! Oils! Oils!

I know most of their fans are older than me but still not ashamed to say they are grouse!

Midnight Oil are a bit like Metallica in the respect their early albums of Head Injuries, 10-1 and Red Sails were easiy their best - Their more commercial albums of Diesel and Dust And Blue Sky Mining were no where near as good in my opinion.

Midnight Oil are a bit like Metallica in the respect their early albums of Head Injuries, 10-1 and Red Sails were easiy their best - Their more commercial albums of Diesel and Dust And Blue Sky Mining were no where near as good in my opinion.
Agree.Applies to most bands really.

My favourite song was always 'Written in the Heart'-Place without a Postcard, from memory

Mifdnight oil ? ....a timeless combination of musical talent married with political awareness. They should not be forgotten!

PG knew how to provide the laughs. His dancing won't be forgotten.

My Top Five Oil's songs:

1. US Forces
2. Beds are Burning
3. Read About It
4. Dreamworld
= 5. King of the Mountain
= 5. I Don't Wanna Be the One

Some clips:

US Forces

[youtube]dbfsd5piwEI[/youtube]

Power and the Passion
[youtube]81Wg9jE79-A[/youtube]

Agree with Head Injuries and 10-1. There self-titled debut, Bird Noises EP and place without a postcard were also excellent. However, personally Red Sails and anything thereafter (with the exception of species) was at best average - definitely had some good songs but nothing comparable to the early years - song such as Bus to Bondi, No Time for Games, Run By Night, Read About it, Don't Wanna Be the One, Maralinga etc etc. were absolutely awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many greats to mention I am struggling! One of my fav least liked songs is One Country though.

One Country - also one of my favourites
Antartica
Powderworks
Read About It
Don't Wanna Be The One
Is it Now?
Only the Strong
Armistice Day
Written in The Heart
Lucky Country
Quinella Holiday

The list is endless..............

Wanna post a vid for us?;)

one day perhaps....just have to set up the BLUE screen. ;)

I did my cameo/debut dance on stage for the cover band Capt Spalding at the Sydney's Liars Club back in 1998...shaved head and all !! :) US Forces.

As for all-time Oiiillls songs... sheesh, where do you start?

In no particular order

Short Memory
No Time For Games
Cold Cold Change
Written In The Heart
Too Much Sunshine
Kosciusko
The Real Thing (cover)
Wedding Cake Island
Read About It
Dreamworld
King Of The Mountain
Powderworks
I Don't Wanna Be the One
Back On The Border Line
Forgotten Years
Only the Strong
Best Of Both Worlds
Hercules

I reckon you can throw another 15-20 to that list... Power & the Passion..

Gee too many to mention! Hoping to get my Oils CD n singlet delivered to London in next few days from Sanity. Currently in Egypt so hopefully they haven't sent it back to Melb coz I haven't been at home lol. Thought it would take a few weeks for them to send lol

Too many great songs to mention but I do seem to have One Country stuck in my head...One...Country.....One.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Midnight Oil Song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back