Minkus_Swan

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2002
SE London Bruuuv
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Well after about 6 years of rumours and fake tracks, 'the real thing' has been leaked.
I was one of many that could not wait, and I'm impressed. Peeping Tom is filled with drum samples, vocal harmonies, keyboard melodies, beatboxers and rappers. For me, it's almost a Massive Attack/Portishead type of trip hop album (Massive Attack also features on a track as well).

And yes, one of the leaked tracks from all those years ago is an actual track on this album 'Celebrity Death Match' (I suppose it was a early demo version).

Any one else here checked it out, or are you going to just wait a little longer till the May 30 release date?

very impressed with the album. peeping tom are appearing on 'late night with conan o'brien' on may 26th from memory so that should be worth checking out.

Heard a track on JJJ tonight

Big thumbs up :thumbsu:

Can`t remember the name of it but a very sinister feel.

Have always loved the way Patton opts to move on instead of becoming stale . Very admirable trait , as opposed to flogging a dead horse . Always pushing new boundaries .

Shame for him that he has not had the same commercial success as FNM ... maybe this will do it

The album is very, very good.

Mojo (the single) and a bonus track (Pre School) are available at iTunes now...well worth a few bucks.

I heard "Mojo" for the first time today on Triple J and I loved it. If the rest of the album is as enjoyable as that track I can't wait to buy it.

The thing I love about Mike Patton is that he always pushes different boundaries and is so damn enjoyable.

Any news on when the new Tomahawk album is out?

Just listening to 'We're not alone' it's classic Patton , from the screams to the subtlety. Chrous sounds a bit "King for a day" style. Mojo is a sweet track as well. Looking forward to hearing the rest.

I bought the album on Friday and my first impressions...........WOW!!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I wasn't really sure what to expect but it exceeded my expectations (which were high to begin with).

My favourite tracks after a couple of listens are Five Seconds, Mojo & Sucker.

creature-beast said:
very impressed with the album. peeping tom are appearing on 'late night with conan o'brien' on may 26th from memory so that should be worth checking out.

According to the Foxtel TV guide this will be shown tonight (Mon 29th) for those interested. From memory it's around 11:30 pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like most I'd been hearing about this project for awhile and when I saw this thread I was excited to hear it, Patton is brilliant. Although I'll admit I"ve not loved everything he's done you still admired him no end for pushing himself and his music to all sorts of boundaries.

Was planning on getting this album anyway but then saw Mojo performed on Conan the other night. Man I want to be Mike Patton when I grow up (30 is still young right), he is the smoothest motherf*cker ever, check out how cool he is on that conan clip.

Great album, a great new side to Norah Jones. Album of the year without question and if there is a better single than Mojo this year I look forward to hearing it.

WKB said:
Was planning on getting this album anyway but then saw Mojo performed on Conan the other night. Man I want to be Mike Patton when I grow up (30 is still young right), he is the smoothest motherf*cker ever, check out how cool he is on that conan clip.

Great album, a great new side to Norah Jones. Album of the year without question and if there is a better single than Mojo this year I look forward to hearing it.

He was cool on the Conan show. Mojo is an awesome track. I agree that this is album of the year and I hope Mike receives the attention that he deserves for putting out such awesome music.

I agree about Norah Jones as well. I read in an interview with Mike somewhere that Norah really enjoyed working on 'Sucker'. That is another amazing track.

I have listened to the album a few times and I can't get enough.

I wonder whether he has any plans on touring for the album at all? I will be there if he does.

The preview samples on itunes didn't get me as excited as I should be, considering how many of my other favourite artists he's collaborated with. Mike Patton + Amon Tobin should make me :D:D:D:D my pants, but it didn't. Still not sure if I'll get the whole thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike Patton: Peeping Tom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back