Mike Sheahan retires

Remove this Banner Ad

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think this is worthy of main board.

Announced to colleagues etc yesterday.

Who will take over his mantle of the Top 50 etc?

Great career no matter what his detractors say.

Good onya Mike.

Actually, will still do the Top 50 and occasional pieces but is retiring from the chief gig.

Didn't realise it had already been cast to the wintry exile that is the Fourth Estate.

Wrong to send it to FFE IMO, Don Draper. Of course any spin off threads belong there, but one of the AFL's most prominent journos is retiring and like him or not, he deserves a tribute on the main board.

I mostly enjoyed your stuff Mike. All the best :thumbsu:

Great writer. Since I started bothering to regularly check the Hun website, I've read just about everything he's put up. He'll be unfairly typecast as just another journo, however he was one of the only ones that didn't resort to grandiose, over the top BS in recent years. I'll miss reading his words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this day and age of shock analysis, people may criticise him for his fence-sitting; however, he usually gives both sides to a story and is fair, without talking too much bull shit. Although to be fair, of late, he's been more inclined to do so.

Lost all respect from me after a 4-0 start he proclaimed the 'cracks were appearing'. I loved how Robbo continually mentioned it to Mike during the season

Lost all respect from me after a 4-0 start he proclaimed the 'cracks were appearing'. I loved how Robbo continually mentioned it to Mike during the season

I don't really like the guy either but I would of thought this is one of the last things to get annoyed about, sure he was completely wrong but it was basically the only time I can remember he actually chose to take a punt and write about something that wasn't the "Topic of the week" and piggy back someone else's theories like he normally does and take a different view.

Great writer. Since I started bothering to regularly check the Hun website, I've read just about everything he's put up. He'll be unfairly typecast as just another journo, however he was one of the only ones that didn't resort to grandiose, over the top BS in recent years. I'll miss reading his words.

Nah he did that too. Telling us Rioli "lit up the MCG" after he had 7 possessions and zero impact wasn't quite accurate. Did a sidestep though, which should not be underestimated.

So who did he actually barrack for?

One of the few media personalities who's bias doesn't shine through.

I'm guessing maybe Melbourne for his over the top love of Robert Flower.

He did write a mea culpa for the Fitzroy stuff during the North to GC dramas talking about how he had learned his lesson.

So who did he actually barrack for?

One of the few media personalities who's bias doesn't shine through.

I'm guessing maybe Melbourne for his over the top love of Robert Flower.

Dees, yep

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike Sheahan retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back