Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

totally outclassed rocket. how do u reckon gol gol would go in town? i speak to quite a few of the players there who think they would have beaten merbein last year, although I think not.
Mate we played gol gol a couple of years ago in the pre season with 4 to 5 of our best players not there. Last years side was better than that and we won by 11 goals. The gulf between Millewa and SFL is pretty big. Fitness levels are a major part of that

Grounds at the lake were very green, not sure how they will hold up though.

Seemed as though there were no worries with water, they had it going al over the place in the middle of the day
i wouldnt be surprised if some sfl games go out there

Mate we played gol gol a couple of years ago in the pre season with 4 to 5 of our best players not there. Last years side was better than that and we won by 11 goals. The gulf between Millewa and SFL is pretty big. Fitness levels are a major part of that
the gulf between sfl and the millewa is huge, I agree. gol gol have some very handy players although some wouldnt get a game with a top seconds side in town.

the gulf between sfl and the millewa is huge, I agree. gol gol have some very handy players although some wouldnt get a game with a top seconds side in town.
SNakepit, you must be kidding, I know imps seconds side very well, you name me the players in Gol Gol's starting 18 that wouldn't get a game in our 2's. Crikey we had Vas Saris getting a game and yet he wouldnt start in Gol Gol's side. I agree thjere is a huge gap between Gol Gol and any senior side but to say some wouldn't get a game in the seconds side is a bit much.

SNakepit, you must be kidding, I know imps seconds side very well, you name me the players in Gol Gol's starting 18 that wouldn't get a game in our 2's. Crikey we had Vas Saris getting a game and yet he wouldnt start in Gol Gol's side. I agree thjere is a huge gap between Gol Gol and any senior side but to say some wouldn't get a game in the seconds side is a bit much.

Vas would get a run in any MFL side... if nothing else for his size.

There has been talk about clubs putting up big dollars to get players in the past (including from me).... Is anyone able to put a figure to what would be say the top payments at a club as well as the number of players that are getting paid.

There has been talk about clubs putting up big dollars to get players in the past (including from me).... Is anyone able to put a figure to what would be say the top payments at a club as well as the number of players that are getting paid.

Are sheds , petrol , travelling money included?

I think Bambill are putting up a large backyard shed for someone.

Are sheds , petrol , travelling money included?

I think Bambill are putting up a large backyard shed for someone.

Yeah that sort of stuff goes on a bit too, Often work around the house like a new shed or garden helps to pay the way.

The poor year for the wheat farmers might see some of the funds dry up out at the lake too.

your probably right but i only said some.

Has any1 else heard that steve bowden is coaching euston? I was told by several robinvale lads that he had signed to coach the bombers and had promised them he would be able to bring som handy players with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has any1 else heard that steve bowden is coaching euston? I was told by several robinvale lads that he had signed to coach the bombers and had promised them he would be able to bring som handy players with him

Well they will certainly need the players....... I heard they were very shakey to even get a side together this year. Not sure where he will get the players from, could not see too many people putting their hand up to play out there.

Does anyone know the if the points system is used in the MFL and if so what it is?

Rob Morgan who is apparently coaching a team in this league the same one that played for Golden Square in Bendigo for a couple of years?:confused:

Better known as the Seagull or Gull as he never stopped squawking and talking.

Does anyone know when clubs are going to start preseason training and which clubs have been able to pick up some new recruits:confused:

Bambill begin training on the 29th, the day after the annual Bambill Cricket Match at the MSC oval. Lucky enough to get Ben Milsom from Mt Pleasant in the Heathcote FL as assistant coach. Couple of other names but no certainties... Anyone else?

Bambill begin training on the 29th, the day after the annual Bambill Cricket Match at the MSC oval. Lucky enough to get Ben Milsom from Mt Pleasant in the Heathcote FL as assistant coach. Couple of other names but no certainties... Anyone else?

Ben is a superb footballer and coach. Excellent speaker also. He took over the Mounts twos job 3 seasons ago, and took them to two premierships. Weren't the favourites this season, but got across the line with the self belief he drilled into the players. He speaks to all players as equals which I think is the key to coaching.

He played senior footy in the TDFL, LVFL and HDFL for about 10 years before concentrating on coaching and playing twos the past 2 seasons. Kicked 70-odd goals in his first year of senior footy back in about '97, and played in a couple of senior premierships along the way either on the ball or up forward. Dominated the last two seasons in the HDFL twos.

He is also a great fella, and is married with two kids. I know he is extremely keen to continue with a coaching career, so any club up that way will be extremely lucky to get him.

Fridge this bloke sounds like a super star...... what level is the HDFL two's compared to MFL?

There must be a fair buzz out there with you blokes at the moment, seems as though the cheque book has opened up again;)

Ben is a superb footballer and coach. Excellent speaker also. He took over the Mounts twos job 3 seasons ago, and took them to two premierships. Weren't the favourites this season, but got across the line with the self belief he drilled into the players. He speaks to all players as equals which I think is the key to coaching.

He played senior footy in the TDFL, LVFL and HDFL for about 10 years before concentrating on coaching and playing twos the past 2 seasons. Kicked 70-odd goals in his first year of senior footy back in about '97, and played in a couple of senior premierships along the way either on the ball or up forward. Dominated the last two seasons in the HDFL twos.

He is also a great fella, and is married with two kids. I know he is extremely keen to continue with a coaching career, so any club up that way will be extremely lucky to get him.

Fridge this bloke sounds like a super star...... what level is the HDFL two's compared to MFL?

There must be a fair buzz out there with you blokes at the moment, seems as though the cheque book has opened up again;)

The HDFL two's are prob about the same, if not, just below the MFL! Played 1's down there and know of Benny! Will be a good acquisition for Bambill and the league!

Yeah there seems to be an awesome buzz around the club. As for the cheque book situation, I'm not too sure. About 8 blokes went for a run tonight down at the Lawn Tennis Club. Not bad seeing that the actual scheduled preseason is still 3 weeks away. Good vibes......

Yeah there seems to be an awesome buzz around the club. As for the cheque book situation, I'm not too sure. About 8 blokes went for a run tonight down at the Lawn Tennis Club. Not bad seeing that the actual scheduled preseason is still 3 weeks away. Good vibes......[/quote]

You dont have to be Einstein to work out that you guys are throwing the money around again (although you are not the only ones...)

Yeah there seems to be an awesome buzz around the club. As for the cheque book situation, I'm not too sure. About 8 blokes went for a run tonight down at the Lawn Tennis Club. Not bad seeing that the actual scheduled preseason is still 3 weeks away. Good vibes......

You dont have to be Einstein to work out that you guys are throwing the money around again (although you are not the only ones...)[/quote]

Who else is throwing the money around out there other than Goly and Bambill?

players come and go and so does money.
Obviously Bamb$ll were so embarrassed
with not making finals (yet paying players well) last year, they have to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back