Milne and Montagna Case Reviewed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milne and Montagna

For anyone interested channel 9 are about to have an exclusive with the deputy at the centre of the investigation...not sure if it's the same guy as last time.

For anyone interested channel 9 are about to have an exclusive with the deputy at the centre of the investigation...not sure if it's the same guy as last time.

You seem to be the only one interested in lapping up their sensationalist misleading rubbish.

Hate to break it to you buddy but nothing will come of this, Milne will still be available to play when we beat the Bulldogs again.

You seem to be the only one interested in lapping up their sensationalist misleading rubbish.

Hate to break it to you buddy but nothing will come of this, Milne will still be available to play when we beat the Bulldogs again.

I, just like the people of victoria want the corrupt cops who destroyed the possible evidence to be brought to justice. That is all.

No way anyone will be charged on this now given the lapse of time particularly as the DPP was unwilling to prosecute before - might lead to some cops getting into trouble though

The OPP does not decide whether charges are laid or not, and passage of time is virtually irrelevant given there are current prosecutions for matters going back as far as the 1950s.

If there is available evidence which would have changed the decision to authorise the brief, then they would quite likely lay new charges. However, it sounds more like an inquiry into a compromised investigation, which will do nothing to change the situation.

Some of the comments in this thread - mainly St Kilda apologists - set women's lib back 100 years.

I wasn't aware that defending an innocent man has any affect on the status of women in this country.

I am definitely not surprised that you were the first to respond. I think you're either blindly passionate or desperately naive. These boys are no angels.

Some of the comments in this thread - mainly St Kilda apologists - set women's lib back 100 years.

Sadly enough, things like this get twisted into a football issue, which results in stupid posts on both sides of the argument.

The worst bit is that it's still better than the Lovett threads.

I am definitely not surprised that you were the first to respond. I think you're either blindly passionate or desperately naive. These boys are no angels.

I think you'll find that I'm neither. You are blatantly implying that Milne is in fact guilty and that there was a cover up. You are assuming both of those things, which are big assumptions. My assumption that Milne is innocent is not big; it is based on fact.

You're just as bad as the cop who first claimed there was a cover-up, running your mouth without so much as a modicum of evidence. So until you can back any of your rubbish views, don't waste anyone's time.

Now, I'm not saying that the woman completely made this whole thing up. She could have, but I wouldn't think so. I believe something DID happen that night, but not anything untoward. I'd say that this is just a large-scale version of when a girl regrets something she did the night before, and looks to shift the responsibility. She probably didn't like what she did, was disgusted with herself, and looked to blame someone else, and hence legitimately thought she was r*ped.

A prime example, what rubbish.

I am glad Strahany's views do not represent the majority of posters in this thread - esp since the overwhelming majority are male.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh **** THIS.

- We're not in any position to judge Milne as guilty. Indeed we have no right to because nobody has strong enough proof. We can just go back to disliking him as per normal.

- We also have no right to judge the woman on whatever she said (Strahany, I am looking at you. Pointedly). The vast majority of victims of sexual assault can never take their cases to trial because there is rarely ever any proof that sexual activity is non-consensual.

- Just because there are two conflicting opinions here (Milne's and the woman's), it does not mean that if we assume that one is innocent that we must therefore assume that the other is lying.

- Someone has re-opened a file on the case, that does not mean that damning new evidence has come to light.

There we go. Go and make yourselves a nice cup of tea or something.

A prime example, what rubbish.

I am glad Strahany's views do not represent the majority of posters in this thread - esp since the overwhelming majority are male.

I'm glad that people that are clearly deficient in intelligence, such as yourself, do not hold any kind of power in our legal system.

I will be more than happy to proclaim Milne's guilt, so long as you can prove it. I've already asked you to do it, but you ignored that request, so I'm asking you again. You're obviously so confident that he's guilty, so please, enlighten us with your infallible evidence.

yes, well you must have the NEW evidence Dick Tracey cause on existing evidence there is nothing to defend???

keyboard heroes with no clue :rolleyes:

The trouble is officers were told to make evidence disappear by senior officers with connections to St Kilda FC. Unfortunately these actions make the players appear guilty even if they are innocent. We probably will never know the real truth. It's no use arguing unless you do have this missing evidence.

- We also have no right to judge the woman on whatever she said (Strahany, I am looking at you. Pointedly). The vast majority of victims of sexual assault can never take their cases never even go to trial because there is rarely ever any proof that sexual activity is non-consensual.

I don't have any sort of additional knowledge on the events of the night, nor did I claim to. I merely put forward an alternative to the story, one that would perhaps explain why there was insufficient evidence to charge Milne. It was purely speculation, and was certainly not intended to be anything more.

I'm glad that people that are clearly deficient in intelligence, such as yourself, do not hold any kind of power in our legal system.

I will be more than happy to proclaim Milne's guilt, so long as you can prove it. I've already asked you to do it, but you ignored that request, so I'm asking you again. You're obviously so confident that he's guilty, so please, enlighten us with your infallible evidence.

It's the vibe.

CastleR4c.jpg

The trouble is officers were told to make evidence disappear by senior officers with connections to St Kilda FC. Unfortunately these actions make the players appear guilty even if they are innocent. We probably will never know the real truth. It's no use arguing unless you do have this missing evidence.

You've said that as if it were a conclusively proven fact. When the claims were initially made, there was initially a media firestorm (and rightfully so) however it died quickly because he could not prove this claims conclusively.

I'm sorry, but I find it much more likely that an individual would lie, rather than a cover up occurring in a major law enforcing organisation - especially one with such high integrity as the Victorian Police.

Did anyone just see the news report on channel 10?

They basically revealed how the whole investigation has been botched/compromised and the female journo tried to talk to Milne but he quickly took off.

The investigation has apparently been taken over by the sex crimes unit.

nah it's the drug unit taking it over. It has to be the sex crime unit that reviews it as it's was original done by them. Watters from what I was told said on Mangrook that this investigation is about the police not Milne or montagna

Settle down, you're very dramatic. I have assumed nothing, and I certainly do not have to 'prove' anything. I'm talking in general terms about Footballers Behaving Badly and, in this case, the shoddy cops who want be their buddies - not to mention the cops who investigate these cops...

I applaud iameviljez's eloquent post, thank you.

And I enjoyed the bolded sentence, esp since I spend all of my weekdays [and some of my weekends] sunk to the knees in that very system, much to your dismay I'm sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back