Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think dougie is looking after his mates, well i cannot see any other conclusion, i would rate luke in their top 5 players and time top 10 easily.escpecially after what he has said after last weeks game.

As my old man (old noonie)said Demons are the 3rd best team in the comp a bit like the western bulldogs. There is nothing wrong with that, it is a good effort by Lismore/Derri not a bad season.
He reckons the twos could've won, they kicked 2.7 or something in the last quarter and were running all over them. He says cos they can't kick they lost.
I say well done Demons. Keep plugging away at it.

Any new on the Lewis Medal & Pauls Dairy awards from tonight?

GO HAWKS! Can't wait to get back to watch the boys repeat the dose from last year at Bolac......
icon10.gif

Any new on the Lewis Medal & Pauls Dairy awards from tonight?

GO HAWKS! Can't wait to get back to watch the boys repeat the dose from last year at Bolac......
icon10.gif

Lewis Medal
1. Murray Habel HM 19
1. Lachie Barr Car 19
3. Brad Sholl HM 18
4. Nic Byrne SMW 17
4. Jahn Knight LD 17
6. Scott Henderson LD 16
7. Luke Fisher SMW 15
7. Craig Flower MW 15
9. Matt Carr LD 14
9. Brenton McKenry P 14

Paul's Dairy Award
1. Craig Flower MW 29
2. Jahn Knight LD 28
3. Murray Habel HM 22
4. Brenton McKenry P 17
5. Brad Sholl HM 16
6. Lachie Barr C 14
7. Scott Henderson LD 13

Reserves
1. Leigh Uebergang P 22
2. Paul Metcalfe SMW 15
3. Rohan Davine SMW 14
3. Adam Lenehan HM 14
5. Dean Mitchell LD 14
6. James Calvert LD 12
6. Tim Gubbins T 12
6. Luke Preston MW 12
9. David Lewis T 11
9. Simon Sharrock HM 11

Under 16's
1. Jake Clark WLB 26
1. Michael May LD 26
3. Will Collins GD 25
3. Taylor McKenry P 25
5. Richard McCormick WM 21
6. James North P 20
7. Brad McDonald GD 20
8. Jack Ganley T 14
8. C. Stevens MW 14
10. Ricky Glare HM 12

Well done to Muzza and Lachie, deserved winners........Sholly was a bit stiff polling 7 two votes and boy was there some funny votes......those umps certainly see the game differently!

A couple of examples:

Rd 7 F. Matthews HM 15 goals - 0 votes
Rd 17 Car 297 d. WM 37 T.Barr 10 goals , L.Barr 8 goals Car - 0 votes, M.Bourchier WM 1 vote
Rd 13 N.Stewart GD 12 goals - 0 votes
Rd 18 HM 168 d. WM 38 J.Blain WM 3 votes - M.Johnson HM 10 goals - 0 votes
Rd 14 Bickers kicks 8 of 14 goals Car win by 30 pts - 0 votes
Rd 4 Morey kicks 11 of 15 goals for Penshurst, 8 after 1/2 time win by 11 pts - 2 votes, T.Stephens 3 votes not listed in six best players.

Shit I could be here all night....anyway in saying that the top ten is pretty close...........only Rich Tucker surprised with his lack of votes.

Should be a rippa game this weekend at lake bolac. All the best to both teams.
i wont be there for the big footy drinks unfortunately bloods, im off the hampden finals in warnambool which should be good to watch.
all the best to a retiring Dean mitchell, superstar

Should be a great game!! These two teams have been (without being rude about the other sides) a cut above the rest of the comp this season, and have already proven they are both a legitimate chance of winning!!
Meant to be a nice day down there on Saturday, so here's hoping for a great exhibition of footy!

Good onya Dragon!

Where are all you Taty blokes..........carn, break the curfew, effing boring week without some chat about the biggest game of the year.

You can't get dropped if you aint playing Bomber, not from the team anyway............but maybe physically!:confused:

I will have to discuss this game with myself by the looks.

Nicholas & McDougall both back in..........Hitchcock (inj) & Ord out.

Tucker and Sholl to go head to head......not Sean! you lose a little of his running power, with the effect the role a run with player has.

Nicholas to go with Habel all day, and especially stick tight when he floats across half back....sets up play.

Justin McMahon/Bradd Wilson to alternate on Peter Jelbart.

Jenkins/Matthews.

Try and get Andy Maconachie to the weakest winger.....exploit them going forward as much as possible.........Reichman/ Andrew Bos...Bos??
Glenn Walker the other winger.

Sean McDougall to play forward/midfield 60/40.

Milney deep forward with Andy McDougall.

Josh McD/M.Johnson

Barr/Johnstone....Zander/L.Reichman

The forward set-up needs more forward defensive pressure, hence Sean playing as a more permanent small type.....especially on MacPherson if he can.....and Nicholas on Habel when he goes back.....these two players are huge in the set-ups going forward.....GIVE THEM NO SPACE AND HURT THEM WITH AGILE BLOKES CAPABLE OF SCORING!!

Milney should get a mis-match....either Taylor/Matters!!
Dougs gets the other............which looks promising.

Adrian Bos will probably go to Wang.
Dave Jelbart will have his hands full with Andy T....so hopefully his run and drive will be negated if Tucks is on song.

Wardy will be the other to alternate forward when Habel goes on the ball with Luke following....Sean in that change as well.

Matt H can get involved in that three way plus Cam G from the bench.

Tim McD to play last six to ten mins of each quarter......Douglas can also help with rotations with on-ballers up forward.

When Sholl goes forward, I reckon Peter Jelbart will go into the middle to keep that hardness for them.....so Justin/Bradd W would go to Sholl, and Rich Tuck just takes Jelbart.

The key for me is that Tatyoon win enough ball and get it forward often enough to score, but the need is for a forward half that PRESSURES hard when they have not got it...Sean Mc can do some real damage.

And do not give Habel and MacPherson any easy ball across half back!

Good luck Hawks!!!

Good onya Dragon!

Where are all you Taty blokes..........carn, break the curfew, effing boring week without some chat about the biggest game of the year.

You can't get dropped if you aint playing Bomber, not from the team anyway............but maybe physically!:confused:

Tucker and Sholl to go head to head......not Sean! you lose a little of his running power, with the effect the role a run with player has.

Nicholas to go with Habel all day, and especially stick tight when he floats across half back....sets up play.

Jenkins/Matthews.

Try and get Andy Maconachie to the weakest winger.....exploit them going forward as much as possible.........Reichman/ Andrew Bos...Bos??

Josh McD/M.Johnson

The forward set-up needs more forward defensive pressure, hence Sean playing as a more permanent small type.....especially on MacPherson if he can.....and Nicholas on Habel when he goes back.....these two players are huge in the set-ups going forward.....GIVE THEM NO SPACE AND HURT THEM WITH AGILE BLOKES CAPABLE OF SCORING!!

Dave Jelbart will have his hands full with Andy T....so hopefully his run and drive will be negated if Tucks is on song.

Wardy will be the other to alternate forward when Habel goes on the ball with Luke following....Sean in that change as well.

Tim McD to play last six to ten mins of each quarter......Douglas can also help with rotations with on-ballers up forward.

When Sholl goes forward, I reckon Peter Jelbart will go into the middle to keep that hardness for them.....so Justin/Bradd W would go to Sholl, and Rich Tuck just takes Jelbart.

The key for me is that Tatyoon win enough ball and get it forward often enough to score, but the need is for a forward half that PRESSURES hard when they have not got it...Sean Mc can do some real damage.

Good luck Hawks!!!

Midfield match-ups are gunna be critical!!!
Tucker v Habel - McMahon/McDougall v Sholl or something similar..

Taty forward line needs to ensure they are not too top heavy, rest Rich Tucker deep forward and give Tim/Douglas plenty of opportunity..
That said, the predicted fine weather conditions may suit the Hawks talls!
If Andy Tucker can get on top of David Jelbart it will be a big plus for the Hawks, Jelbart gives plenty from half back..

Aaron Jenkins to Matthews again, Josh Mc to Johnson - has done a good job on him in their last few meetings...

Hawks need Matty Harris to get involved and need Andy Maconachie burning up his wing..
Andy has been great in 2nd half of the year and has the pace to trouble any side!! Must back himself then finish with majors!!!

Gunna be a very interesting game, both who plays, and who matches up on who!!

Good onya Dragon!

Jenkins/Matthews.

Josh McD/M.Johnson

Good luck Hawks!!!

Great effort bloods.
Last time the reams played - both reichmans played on the wings. Bos played back and scholl changed with wilkie in the middle. Habel played permanetly back.

Thanks Bumbles and Juddy.......thought the place had turned into a morgue!

Yes will be interesting to see who comes up for the Hawks.

Will be no change for mine at Hawk-Mac.

Yes the match-ups in the middle will be crucial!!:thumbsu:

Cant remember if this has been posted or not, and it may be slightly off topic considering its grand final week but Wilf Dickeson has confirmed he will not coach the Pumas next year..
Unsure how they will go recruiting someone knew, i know the club has come a long way since Wilf took the helm but no whispers yet of any possible candidates!! Only time will tell!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure if this has been posted yet or not, but Wilf Dickeson will not return to coach the Pumas in '09...
Has done a great job with the club, they have come a long way since he took the helm..
Will be interesting to see if they can recruit another quality coach!

Unsure if this has been posted yet or not, but Wilf Dickeson will not return to coach the Pumas in '09...
Has done a great job with the club, they have come a long way since he took the helm..
Will be interesting to see if they can recruit another quality coach!

bloods, your love child jenkinson is looking for a job isnt he, hasnt he got a block of land up that way!!!!!!, he would be my tip to take over, as long as there cheque book is big enough. what do you think bloods, or are you sitting on the fence again!!!!!!!

Any word on a new rams coach?????????? word is they are going hard at a wbfl coach.

want to see another gun onaballer in eastick lookin fine an maybe in his prime
Herd that P. Cocking could look dangerous up at full forward and G. Johnson in the pocket?? great combination there!! S. Williamson on the bench swapping on the ground to C/H/F, Eastick to controll the midfield and A. Ord to hold the defence tight at full back!! Could even see them Going further than this yr if they can get more gun recruits!!

haha there is some quality players there a fuew mw boys myt find them self in a bit of trouble if there is any proof to the rumour...

bloods, your love child jenkinson is looking for a job isnt he, hasnt he got a block of land up that way!!!!!!, he would be my tip to take over, as long as there cheque book is big enough. what do you think bloods, or are you sitting on the fence again!!!!!!!

Any word on a new rams coach?????????? word is they are going hard at a wbfl coach.

Since when have I sat on the fence olddunkeldkid!!

My lovechild....funny lass aren't you!

If your so interested, why don't you go ask the committee or better still get involved in the club instead of sitting back taking pot shots at people who have the club at heart.

Got no idea who they are chasing........you probably know more than me!

Me and my kids will still be involved, whoever coaches, not like some who leave because they don't get their way!

It's funny how it has taken some things said on this forum for you to rear your ugly head, but when it comes to getting your hands dirty and doing something constructive for the club your only heard and not seen.

Seemed to have come across that attitude before somewhere!

Good onya Dragon!

Jenkins/Matthews.

Josh McD/M.Johnson

Good luck Hawks!!!
Mathews to kick 7 or so sholl 5 and hawksdale to win by 3 goals.

Should be a bloody ripper game this one.
I am not sure who to tip really, it is a close call.
Seeing as there is so much love for Tatyoon I shall go for Hawk/Mac.
LOL

Geez looks like the goons blew them outta the water!
Interesting to see if Sholl and co hang around seeing as they wanted a premiership.

The mighty Goon Train rolls on!!!!

I'm down at the club at the moment and there is plenty of people that want to know if Troy Richradson played yesterday??

And the rumour has it that Dougs only got 1 week folr making Heatherington squeel like a pig!! :D

On a serious note, it's amazing how a champion team will always beat a team of champions!!! If blokes are playing along side there mates they will always put it on the line when it needs to be done.

Taty were certainly switched on right from the start and put together a fantastic 4 quarter performance. Winners on all lines. Hard at it and prepared to work for each other.

Have also heard that Scholl & Frankie Fevola have already signed with Terrang for next year!!! I spose Scholl will just keep moving around until he can find a club that will be able to produce that elussive flag!!

The H/M boys looked totally shattered after the game, and you would have to think that it will scare the club for many years to come..

Any way , winners are grinners, and the Taty footy club are certainly smiling today!! One more thing, the beer taste so bloody good!!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back