Teams Minnesota Vikings - Skol Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Troy Williamson (Vikings) getting serious

The first round in 2005 was a mixed bag for Wide Receivers, nothing new there I suppose. Although Troy was taken ahead of Mike Williams, it'd have to be Mike that was the major bust - mind you nothing new there either, he was taken by Detroit.

Every year you hear about someone who charges up the board based on a quick 40 yard workout, pity he can't actually catch the ball.

Here are the career stats for the 1st round WR class of 2005.

Pick 3 (Cleveland) Braylon Edwards - 26 games 93 receptions 1396 yards 9 TDs
Pick 7 (Minnesota) Troy Williamson - 28 games 61 receptions 827 yards 2 TDs
Pick 10 (Detroit) Mike Williams - 22 games 37 receptions 449 yeards 2 TDs
Pick 21 (Jacksonville) Matt Jones - 30 games 77 receptions 1075 yards 9 TDs
Pick 22 (Baltimore) Mark Clayton - 30 games 111 receptions 1410 yards 7 TDs

football1.gif

BTW - here's a picture of what an American Football throwing machine looks like. It looks very similar to a cricket bowling machine, except it's made for a gridiron ball. They call it a JUGS machine, which I think is a reference to the manufacturers name.

football1.gif

BTW - here's a picture of what an American Football throwing machine looks like. It looks very similar to a cricket bowling machine, except it's made for a gridiron ball. They call it a JUGS machine, which I think is a reference to the manufacturers name.
i play cricket and also call it a jugs machine, and yes one of the companies that make them is call JUGS

Re: Adrian Peterson - this kid is the next big thing

I wouldnt say he moves like Reggie Bush but he's a hell of a running back. Great speed and he'll run over you every time. Definetely a top back for years to come. And speaking of Bush, he finally had a solid game rushing the ball today.

Viking O-Line is the the key whether he becomes the budding 'NEXT BIG THING' ...plenty to like about Adrian Peterson. With McNabb & Fitzgerald on the Vikes shopping list in the off-season, you can sense that with the steady D they have, they could well be a Supabah contender within a campaign or two.

You could tell he was good coming out of the runninback factory that is Oklahoma.

I was gonna start a thread today stating the worst draft selections of all time, i reckon it goes something like this.

1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell QB
2 Detroit Calvin Johnson WR
3 Cleveland Joe Thomas OT
4 Tampa Bay Gaines Adams DE
5 Arizona Levi Brown OT
6 Washington LaRon Landry FS

Always take the BPA for f*ck sake whether you need him or not it will always bite you square on the a**.

A.D is the perfect nickname for this guy cos thats what he is ALL DAY, the kid just runs. He runs every down like he is in the redzone and eyeing endzone.

I was gonna start a thread today stating the worst draft selections of all time, i reckon it goes something like this.

1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell QB
2 Detroit Calvin Johnson WR
3 Cleveland Joe Thomas OT
4 Tampa Bay Gaines Adams DE
5 Arizona Levi Brown OT
6 Washington LaRon Landry FS

Always take the BPA for f*ck sake whether you need him or not it will always bite you square on the a**.

A.D is the perfect nickname for this guy cos thats what he is ALL DAY, the kid just runs. He runs every down like he is in the redzone and eyeing endzone.

As a Vikings fan I can only agree with you sentiments. The Vikings didn't necessarily need a running back as their first round selection, but when you upgrade an already strong position with a STUD, you can't miss.

Peterson fits perfectly into the Vikings running game, it helps when you've got a great OL in front of you, any RB in the NFL would want Hutchinson, McKinnie, Richardson and Kliensasser making space for their running game. What sets Peterson apart from all the others is his speed to the corner and his ability to cut back when he gets there.

Peterson set his goals pretty high at the start of the season 1800 yards and rookie MVP. After 5 games he's got over 600 yards and he was NFC offensive player of the month in September.

I'm sure there's a bunch of defensive coordinators out there trying to work him out but it's great to watch him perform each week....

6'3 107kg
Moves like Reggie Bush and has the endurance of Emmitt Smith.

or you could just say he is the second coming of Ladanian Tomlinson...

on the basis of one week I suggest a bit of calm... ultra-impressive effort in just his 6th game but the reason he was never a real #1 consideration was because he did have injury clouds... so teams were wary of the effects or a re-occurance... another would be I think its a general (and fair) perception its easier to steal a running back late in the draft or otherwise find one than most other positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on the basis of one week I suggest a bit of calm... ultra-impressive effort in just his 6th game but the reason he was never a real #1 consideration was because he did have injury clouds... so teams were wary of the effects or a re-occurance... another would be I think its a general (and fair) perception its easier to steal a running back late in the draft or otherwise find one than most other positions.

I'll take Terrell Davis (at his best) over both of them, and even over Barry Sanders. Best footwork I ever saw for someone around 6 feet tall. Big time performances in the Super Bowls - 100+ yards in both. It took a collision with one of his own team mates to end his career straight after getting 2000+ yards in the previous season.

I'll take Terrell Davis (at his best) over both of them, and even over Barry Sanders. Best footwork I ever saw for someone around 6 feet tall. Big time performances in the Super Bowls - 100+ yards in both. It took a collision with one of his own team mates to end his career straight after getting 2000+ yards in the previous season.

Terrell Davis over Barry Sanders?? Thats a bit of a stretch. Nobody moves like Barry. Not saying Davis is not a quality back, but put any RB in Mike Shanahan's system and he'll be a 1400 yard back.

This could be the first year in god knows how many years that Denver don't produce a 1000 yard back. Travis Henry will most likely be suspended before he gets to 1k and that will probably not leave enough time for Young to get there.

What a performance, fantastic running, and he is a big guy, with speed... nice!

Also heard he has a great personality, enthusiasm for the game and is just a great young kid.

He's too big and powerful to be like LT.

this kid will have a shorter then expected career, granted he's lighting it up atm in his first year as a pro player, but his style of running is more prone to injury, he runs to upright, that being said, you'd expect at least 7-8 good years out of him.

this kid will have a shorter then expected career, granted he's lighting it up atm in his first year as a pro player, but his style of running is more prone to injury, he runs to upright, that being said, you'd expect at least 7-8 good years out of him.

Nice point. I have heard that one before... and its true... Eddie George was one right..

That has been said a lot lately about him being an "upright runner", i was watching sportscentre the other day and one of the guys cant remember who it may have been Coach Ditka got very animated about it. Saying that he wasnt an upright runner and all of that sort of stuff, he was very convinced of it and was verment in his explination.

That has been said a lot lately about him being an "upright runner", i was watching sportscentre the other day and one of the guys cant remember who it may have been Coach Ditka got very animated about it. Saying that he wasnt an upright runner and all of that sort of stuff, he was very convinced of it and was verment in his explination.

Yeah I think Ditka said AD was an upright runner in his first year at college but they quickly fixed him up, but the problem is he has been stuck with that description since.

My thinking is that he runs with a straighter back...? The extreme example of an upright runner (as I see it) would be Michael Johnson

Is this right?

Therefore you would be more likely to cop big hits than have them slide over you if you were more hunched (ie, you'd go down/dive easier?)

My thinking is that he runs with a straighter back...? The extreme example of an upright runner (as I see it) would be Michael Johnson

Is this right?

Therefore you would be more likely to cop big hits than have them slide over you if you were more hunched (ie, you'd go down/dive easier?)

basically yep, the higher up you are, the more likely you are to get injured from the big hits, Peterson is a natural upright runner, he is also a good downhill runner (gathers momentum as he goes down the field). No matter what they teach you in college, your always at some point going to (accidently) revert back to your old style, and thats when ur susceptible

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YfpOF6pceXA

if you don't call that an upright runner .. i don't know what you would call it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Minnesota Vikings - Skol Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back