Teams Minnesota Vikings - Skol Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFL Insider Josina Anderson reports free agent CB Stephon Gilmore is scheduled to meet with the Vikings on Monday.
The Vikings are working to improve a secondary that has been dealt a handful of injuries in recent weeks. They recently made a cornerback swap with the Cowboys, sending Andrew Booth to Dallas in exchange for Nashon Wright, and her now hoping to land another former Cowboy in Gilmore. Gilmore, 33, totaled 68 tackles and two interceptions last season and was tasked with playing a CB1 role following the loss of Trevon Diggs to a torn ACL in September last season. Gilmore can still provide plenty of help on the outside and is a great veteran presence in any locker room. He earned a PFF coverage grade of 72.3 last season.

He was right

If that quote is from the 20th of June I can understand completely what he is talking about. McCarthy's trajectory during training camp was looking good for a start at some stage during the season though.

Obviously won't happen now, however Adrian Peterson did come back during the season following meniscus surgery. He had surgery after week 2 and returned week 15....

If that quote is from the 20th of June I can understand completely what he is talking about. McCarthy's trajectory during training camp was looking good for a start at some stage during the season though.

Obviously won't happen now, however Adrian Peterson did come back during the season following meniscus surgery. He had surgery after week 2 and returned week 15....
Yeah a bit tongue in cheek my post, but it was always the right thing to do, let JJ learn awhile this season.

Maybe being so young, JJ could return sooner? Or does it not work like that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Minnesota Vikings - Skol Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back