Mitch Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

hawk-boy

All Australian
Sep 20, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
i really like this guy looks like the goods to me, i would rather the eagles played him all yr instead of hansen to b honest get a few games under his belt

wat do you guys rekon about him, got a bright future?

Without doubt he has a bright future.

Looked very promising in the round 1 match against Sydney at the Telstra Dome and has been solid in the WAFL.

Hopefully he can stay injury free and have a long successful WCE career

Played an awesome First half! But faded badly in the second half, which was fair enough...considering it was Round 1 of his first ever season.

On that one half of footy...I'd be happy if he produced that continually :p

yeah, we did well at the draft getting him, but Will Schofield is the one to watch imo 196cm, was drafted as a defender but will be a wing/mid/fwd,
such is his size and speed.

Anyone who saw him play for Peel will get moist thinking how he will be in 2 years time:thumbsu:

Schofield>>> Brown

With another preseason under his belt Brown would be right to go next season. Give him a run in the NAB cup and bring him in when Hansen gets his inevitable injury during the season. DO NOT play Hansen while he is injured, bring in Brown !

Looked to be some good signs, and hopefully a full yera under his belt 'in the system' will stand him in good stead for next year. The toll of his first year seemed to catch up with the young bloke late in the season, he looked tired and was beaten in the last WAFL game of the year against West Perth. The break was probably a couple of weeks too late, but not entirely unexpected for a guy in his first year.

HF Brown Hansen Staker????

very mobile players and strong

Geez! How much would they be exposed in a footrace with some of the better half back flankers in the comp - Mcleod, Adcock, Shaw etc.

That half-forward line is a very hot and cold half forward line. I think they should play Embley deeper next year as a flanker/pocket.

Geez! How much would they be exposed in a footrace with some of the better half back flankers in the comp - Mcleod, Adcock, Shaw etc.

That half-forward line is a very hot and cold half forward line. I think they should play Embley deeper next year as a flanker/pocket.

i think you guys are forgeting how mobile staker really is, remember woosha has played him on godes a umber of times

but i do belive embley sould also play down in the forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to learn to kick but has great mobility and agression.

Work in progress.

Like his brother will be an awesome full back but he can never be aloud to take kick outs.

Yet he isnt a bad kick for goal nathan so maybe mitch is a real safe field kick

He will end up CHB in the future.

We would essentially have two CHB's when Brown and Mckenzie develops. E-Mac as the dasher/rebounder and Brown as the stay at home bully. Glass keeps doing what he is doing. And Hunter play where-ever he wants.

I Like our future.

Will Scofield and E-Mac were huge pickups considering E-Mac could have gone about 8 picks earlier and some people though Scofield should have gone pick 30+ :thumbsu:
If I remember correctly a lot of people were predicting just before last years draft that the Eagles would take MacKenzie, but with our FIRST pick (16). I think most people were predicting that Brown would be gone before that.

If I remember correctly a lot of people were predicting just before last years draft that the Eagles would take MacKenzie, but with our FIRST pick (16). I think most people were predicting that Brown would be gone before that.

Most people had Mitch going around 40ish.

His brother, Nathan, was the one everyone had going before 16.

Most people had Mitch going around 40ish.

His brother, Nathan, was the one everyone had going before 16.

No way...

His brother was the higher rated (expected pick ~10), but Mitch was also expected to go in the teens or early 20s. So yeah we probably picked Mitch a bit prematurely, but he's a good get.

E-Mac should never have gone to pick 29. ;) And guess who funded him, good old Doogs (pick 29 and 59 (ontraded with gardiner for 43).

He'll have to work on his fitness. He was unsighted after half time in the matches he played this year. Fantastic talent, no doubting that, but it wouldn't be wise to throw him in the deep end.

No way...

His brother was the higher rated (expected pick ~10), but Mitch was also expected to go in the teens or early 20s. So yeah we probably picked Mitch a bit prematurely, but he's a good get.

E-Mac should never have gone to pick 29. ;) And guess who funded him, good old Doogs (pick 29 and 59 (ontraded with gardiner for 43).
That is how I remember the predictions as well. I am certain that most people had the Eagles taking MacKenzie in the first round in their mock drafts and both Brown twins going earlier.

He looked pretty good against the Pies in the early game over there. Being Ballarat boys I know a little bit about the twins. They will both take two or three years to develop but will definitely be good players - maybe not stars but definitely hold down a KP. Nathan probably has a bit more skill & pace about him while Mitch has a bit more aggression & confidence about him. I think Mitch will end up a defender like Nathan.

No way...

Yes way..

Almost everyone I spoke to last year, especially those doing the Phantom Draft had Mitch around 3rd round mark.

Weaver had him going very late.

I know of 2 scouts who weren't convinced he was going to be taken at all.

That's not to say we didn't get a steal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back