Mitch Clark - Seems to be holding up alright for now

Remove this Banner Ad

List management, Mark Neeld style.

Pedersen for 3 years after half an 'outstanding' pre season.

Byrnes for 2 years after not playing in an outstanding side for 3 years.

Thank **** that Gillies only got 1.

And Hogan for 3, Viney 3 @ pick 26, Toumpas, Terlich, M Jones.

And Hogan for 3, Viney 3 @ pick 26, Toumpas, Terlich, M Jones.

NO! I'm giving Todd Viney credit for those picks (and realistically he was the one who really took charge of our later picks) - bar Hogan, Neeldy was huge on him.

NO! I'm giving Todd Viney credit for those picks (and realistically he was the one who really took charge of our later picks) - bar Hogan, Neeldy was huge on him.

All of them were done with all of them. Just pointing out the cherry picking.

I love Biff's strike rate of 0!!!

Biff has a 100% strike rate.. of being wrong!

So far i am happy about all the stuff he is wrong about, personally i want him to say the "oz lotto numbers will not be 2352352352"

It is frustrating.

But...

I think Neeld had the right idea with his list management moves last year, it's just that the execution was horribly, horribly wrong. Getting in more senior bodies like Dawes, Byrnes, Rodan and Pedersen was something that needed to happen after we lost Martin, Moloney, Green, Rivers all in one hit.

The problem was that Neeld grossly overestimated 1) our midfield stocks 2) his ability to coach what midfielders he had to be competent AFL players and 3) the extent of Trengove's injury in limiting his output both last year and this.

Had he gone out and signed someone like Cross, who is on the table this year and is a genuine mid, as opposed to a front-running good bloke flanker and a bloke who should always be in a green vest, it could have been a different story.

So I think we should go down that path again in a way, with the realisation that we really don't have a midfield or any leadership, and not an idea that we can plug a few holes with role players.

No doubt the theory was solid, as you say the execution was just bungled.

The main problem was that Neeldy burnt his bridges with Moloney and co early - then couldn't get any decent mids to the club in trade week to cover for our losses.

It is frustrating.

But...

I think Neeld had the right idea with his list management moves last year, it's just that the execution was horribly, horribly wrong. Getting in more senior bodies like Dawes, Byrnes, Rodan and Pedersen was something that needed to happen after we lost Martin, Moloney, Green, Rivers all in one hit.

The problem was that Neeld grossly overestimated 1) our midfield stocks 2) his ability to coach what midfielders he had to be competent AFL players and 3) the extent of Trengove's injury in limiting his output both last year and this.

Had he gone out and signed someone like Cross, who is on the table this year and is a genuine mid, as opposed to a front-running good bloke flanker and a bloke who should always be in a green vest, it could have been a different story.

So I think we should go down that path again in a way, with the realisation that we really don't have a midfield or any leadership, and not an idea that we can plug a few holes with role players.

To be fair we would have gotten more out of Moloney, Martin, Green & Rivers than we have out of Pederson, Brynes, Rodan & Dawes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair we would have gotten more out of Moloney, Martin, Green & Rivers than we have out of Pederson, Brynes, Rodan & Dawes.

Fair point that. Of those four I would keep Dawes over Martin but the other three I would definitely back in the incumbents. Unfortunately as TPM says Neeld burnt his bridges and then blew them up for good measure, so that was never going to happen.

Fair point that. Of those four I would keep Dawes over Martin but the other three I would definitely back in the incumbents. Unfortunately as TPM says Neeld burnt his bridges and then blew them up for good measure, so that was never going to happen.

Excellent call there :thumbsu:

Did lol, just pictured Neeldy with that 'it is what it is' face.

Excellent call there :thumbsu:

Did lol, just pictured Neeldy with that 'it is what it is' face.

tumblr_mjvoglqu7G1qbumrto1_500.gif

Neeld375.jpg

But that's a pointless comparison. Green retired; Rivers chose to leave (and has only played 3 or 4 games); Moloney gave us absolutely nothing for an entire season; and Martin was just terribly terribly inconsistent.

So we definitely would not have gotten more out of Green, Rivers, Moloney and Martin.

But that's a pointless comparison. Green retired; Rivers chose to leave (and has only played 3 or 4 games); Moloney gave us absolutely nothing for an entire season; and Martin was just terribly terribly inconsistent.

So we definitely would not have gotten more out of Green, Rivers, Moloney and Martin.
Neeld came in and rocked the boat, Moloney wouldn't of had such a poor year under Another coach, Rivers has stated Neeld as a big reason to leaving, Green possibly wouldn't of retired, all 3 were dumped from the leadership group by Neeld, All wanted out because of him. We would of got more out of our veterans if Neeld wasn't around.

Neeld may've put some of the players off, but Is this amateur hour or a professional Sport?

The Players get payed good money to go out and play a game, not sit and sulk over how the coach told them they were'nt up to standard. Neeld was right! I still think his hard ass attitude was what this club needs, some of his choices were strange - like not playing fitzy, but it's not an issue now - so move on. The players that were mentioned (Beamer, green, Martin and Rivers) had been in the system long enough to realize that they had a job to do and they weren't doing it. Rivers bailed, moloney bailed, martin Bailed and green Retired. Timeto move on. Rivers had a big year didn't he! So did Martin! jesus, the only one that did anything was beamer and that was due to him being the front runner he always has been.

Neeld may've put some of the players off, but Is this amateur hour or a professional Sport?

The Players get payed good money to go out and play a game, not sit and sulk over how the coach told them they were'nt up to standard. Neeld was right! I still think his hard ass attitude was what this club needs, some of his choices were strange - like not playing fitzy, but it's not an issue now - so move on. The players that were mentioned (Beamer, green, Martin and Rivers) had been in the system long enough to realize that they had a job to do and they weren't doing it. Rivers bailed, moloney bailed, martin Bailed and green Retired. Timeto move on. Rivers had a big year didn't he! So did Martin! jesus, the only one that did anything was beamer and that was due to him being the front runner he always has been.

Well, Rivers has been injured all year...

Moloney isn't a front runner. He played his best when Brisbane were being flogged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark - Seems to be holding up alright for now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back