Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Re: Mitch Clark thread mk II. WC want in. All idiot trade proposals here.

seriously though, I would expect the lions to be right into talking tippett into heading back home to QLD.

Ebert + extras (pick/player?) to the crows
tippett to the Lions
clark to WC

Cox and Q-lynch are getting on...great recruitment getting Clark for them.

seriously though, I would expect the lions to be right into talking tippett into heading back home to QLD.

tippett to the Lions
clark to WC

And who exactly is going to give an extra pick?

Tippett would be worth a top 10 pick plus Ebert
Eagles first pick is in the 20's.
Guess that would leave Brisbane handing over their first round pick as well as Mitch Clark

OK, so it looks like there might be some news on the Clark front now. But lets remember why this thread got closed last time...

- The same thing was being posted every page
- It ended up largely being just abuse

Also, it is pretty obvious that Clark will wind up in WA. And it will no doubt be a fair trade for both teams - although I'm sure some supporters will inevitably disagree. So any threats otherwise aren't necessary.

And because it will no doubt come up very soon, let me start things off by saying...

- Tippett is more valuable than Clark
- Ebert probably isn't worth as much as West Coast may wish

Personally, I don't think anyone will change. Clark will still end up at Fremantle.

tippett to the Lions
clark to WC

This post makes me want to vomit

- Ebert probably isn't worth as much as West Coast may wish

Personally, I don't think anyone will change. Clark will still end up at Fremantle.
Palm reader or crystal ball?

What exactly do WC "wish" that Ebert is worth? Link to your source and access to your time machine or means of future prediction.

What this new development does indicate is that Fremantle may have to up the anti, in terms of what they offer. And before you respond, that isn't fortune telling (note also the use of "may"), just basic supply and demand principles.

You have to give up your first round draft pick for him, probably plus a player.

because they totally need him..

Cox, nicnat, lynch, kennedy, darling, glass, mackenzie - not to mention brown and lycett in the reserves... do they really need clarke?

It started off as mostly a lol thread, but Chris25 has given it the benefit of the doubt, so may aswell roll with it.

You wouldn't think Clark is going to replace Cox or NicNat, so he'd be earning his pay up forward. Kennedy is a lock for either FF or CHF, and while Darling is looking like a stud, should WC settle as those two as their spearheads, or would they be better off having Darling as their 3rd tall with Le Cras the next in line :O?

I don't rate Lynch much myself, so I could see him quickly replaced, allowing for a Kennedy/Clark/Darling combo.

I do agree though, WC would surely be more interested in a good midfielder, which begs the question, why would they look at a guy like Clark?

because they totally need him..

Cox, nicnat, lynch, kennedy, darling, glass, mackenzie - not to mention brown and lycett in the reserves... do they really need clarke?

Cox, Lynch & Glass have 2 years left at a maximum.

Darling (191cm) isn't a proper KPP. Brown has had injuries and Lycett would be a few years off playing at AFL level.

Mitch Clark would be a good get for the Eagles. What would they give up for him though? 1st round draft pick wouldn't be enough.

Lions are going to want Dockers and Eagles trying to outbid each other, will come down to 11.58am on the last Monday morning....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox, Lynch & Glass have 2 years left at a maximum.

Darling (191cm) isn't a proper KPP. Brown has had injuries and Lycett would be a few years off playing at AFL level.

Mitch Clark would be a good get for the Eagles. What would they give up for him though? 1st round draft pick wouldn't be enough.

Lions are going to want Dockers and Eagles trying to outbid each other, will come down to 11.58am on the last Monday morning....

He's the same size as Fev. He might not be quite a FF yet, but give him a few pre-seasons and Darling will easily be a 'proper KPP'.

It would be a strange move for WCE to get Clark. If they were getting any big signing surely they wouldn't get another tall. Their tall stocks are just about the best in the league, it's their midfield/ small forwards which is in need of improvement.

Didn't read the first thread but how's Clark for Clarke?

If Mitch Clarke went to the Eagles would they consider trading Lycett to Port?

Something like...

Ebert and Lycett to Port

Pick 6 to Brisbane

Clarke to WCE?

Brisbane may need to chuck in a second rounder to the Eagles to even it up.

They would be stupid to let Lycett go for Clarke.

So in that case I think it is a great deal

tippett to the Lions
clark to WC

Pick 8 would probably have to come back to us in any deal including Tippett. Would be extremely surprised of Ebert goes anywhere but Port. Does sound like a journo digging for a story but it would allow "Crazy Vossy" to relieve himself of those picks that he's been hording... (Pick No.8, Pick No.29, Pick No.30 and Pick No.34)

If Mitch Clarke went to the Eagles would they consider trading Lycett to Port?

Something like...

Ebert and Lycett to Port

Pick 6 to Brisbane

Clarke to WCE?

Brisbane may need to chuck in a second rounder to the Eagles to even it up.

WCE will NOT trade Lycett. Has shown far more then us supporters could have hoped for in his first year. He is a kid to hang onto unless he asks for a trade (which he hasnt)

You have to give up your first round draft pick for him, probably plus a player.

Just wouldn't do it. Let me say he is worth that but we just don't need him. I see Lycett being an almost identical type of player with potential to be better.

We need a line breaking half back and a line breaking mid who can kick goals.

Hurn and Ebert for pick 6 and on trade that for O'Meara is something I would look at, I'd like a small upgrade on our 1st round pick with that though. Hurn would be a big loss but we desperately need a mid of O'Meara's quality.

Maybe WC plan on trading Cox for O'Meara?

but just for lolz right? :p

He's the same size as Fev. He might not be quite a FF yet, but give him a few pre-seasons and Darling will easily be a 'proper KPP'.

It would be a strange move for WCE to get Clark. If they were getting any big signing surely they wouldn't get another tall. Their tall stocks are just about the best in the league, it's their midfield/ small forwards which is in need of improvement.

This, in fact i see him as a pavlich type, but either way genuine KPP prospect.

I just wouldnt see the logic in it when they have other deficiencies to work on, and as a top 4 team this season your looking at adding something to the best 22 that you dont already have, in order to go for that premiership.

Not that ill complain if they land him, one of the talls may say they want out *cough mitch brown please cough*

However, i cant see how west coast will be able to outbid freo, with the dockers having a better first rounder and the palmer comp to deal with

but just for lolz right? :p

This, in fact i see him as a pavlich type, but either way genuine KPP prospect.

I just wouldnt see the logic in it when they have other deficiencies to work on, and as a top 4 team this season your looking at adding something to the best 22 that you dont already have, in order to go for that premiership.

Not that ill complain if they land him, one of the talls may say they want out *cough mitch brown please cough*

However, i cant see how west coast will be able to outbid freo, with the dockers having a better first rounder and the palmer comp to deal with
IIRC signed a two year contract extension this year.

Maybe WC plan on trading Cox for O'Meara?

Bam, comprehend that.:eek:

*do not believe for a second this is the case

Tbh, both clubs would probably take that. Then throw your 1st + whatever else you need to outbid us for Clark, and your short term ruck future takes the slightest of hits, you snag the young fella that everyone wants, and your long term KPF/Ruck prospects are a hell of alot stronger.

Coxy is still playing top notch football, and has a few quality years left in him, with a few bonus years as the old patriarch playing 2nd ruck.

Good thing it'll never be possible anywhere but on BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back