Mitch Clark - The Second Attempt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably just trying to annoy freo

eagles are already top heavy

Q Lynch would have to be traded if they got Clark

Re: Mitch Clark thread mk II. WC want in. All idiot trade proposals here.

This post makes me want to vomit

as much as tippets go home clause in his contract to GC after 2012 for just a 2nd round pick?

The crows could easily get either Ebert + lycett, or Ebert + eagles 1st pick...not too bad with the crows already having anxiety issues regarding tippets move to GC next season for nothin but a bag of spuds?

I can see the Ebert > crows, Tippett > Bris, Clark > WC falling over. Ebert himself won't be enough to get the job done and I'm not sure if WC will give up too much more. It maybe depend how desperate Crows are to get rid of tippett if he does have that trade clause.

another good 3 way option:

Lions
Gain beams
lose Clark

freo
gain clark
lose Z Clarke

Pies
Gain Z Clarke
lose Beams

?
Come on man. You started the last Mitch Clark thread so you know the territory.

Zach Clarke is contracted, came out with the glossy full page spread saying that he's going no where (which he wouldn't have done without Freo's blessing). He's going no where.

Great start to this thread I reckon.

I can see the Ebert > crows, Tippett > Bris, Clark > WC falling over. Ebert himself won't be enough to get the job done and I'm not sure if WC will give up too much more. It maybe depend how desperate Crows are to get rid of tippett if he does have that trade clause.
Me too. Ebert wants to play for Port, Clark wants to play for Freo.

Tarrant wanted to go home as well last year and then he picked his team and then no other team got a look in. Posters from WC, Crows and Brissy can puff their chest out and get as surly as they like with alternatives.

Highly likely that Ebert will end up at Port and Clark at Freo.

Me too. Ebert wants to play for Port, Clark wants to play for Freo.

Tarrant wanted to go home as well last year and then he picked his team and then no other team got a look in. Posters from WC, Crows and Brissy can puff their chest out and get as surly as they like with alternatives.

Highly likely that Ebert will end up at Port and Clark at Freo.

Tarrant said that he was retiring if he didn't get to Collingwood, whether it was a bluff or it wasn't are any of the boys you mentioned willing to play that card?

Tarrant said that he was retiring if he didn't get to Collingwood, whether it was a bluff or it wasn't are any of the boys you mentioned willing to play that card?
Except for Nick Stevens give me one example where a player going from one state to another who has stated openly in the media that they want to go home and has not got to their first choice of club?

It will be the same for Gunston as well.

Except for Nick Stevens give me one example where a player going from one state to another who has stated openly in the media that they want to go home and has not got to their first choice of club?
That's a fair point.

Although the ground could shift if Clark is open to joining West Coast.

He wants to get back to WA and may have nominated Freo initially because WC look pretty well-stocked for talls. If WC are keen to recruit him, though, and are able to get a deal done, would he stll insist on Freo and Freo alone?

That's the wiggle room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't recall any quotes directly from Mitch mentioning Fremantleor his manager saying he only wants to go to Freo???

All that has been specifically said is his parents have moved back to Perth and that he wants to be close to his family in WA from what I've read. If he has stated freo then its poor work by him and his manager as he is limiting his salary to only what Freo wants to offer so I doubt this is the case. Everything I've read is those bs statements from journo's such as "It is understood" and "Club sources are saying".

and before some freo supporter chimes in with "he toured our facilities and has already met with staff"...Rischitelli and Bradshaw flew to Meblourne to tour the Carlton facilities and met with Ratten but the trade didn't happen.

AFAIK most of the 'Freo or bust' vibe came from this article. You're right in that there are no direct quotes from him expressing his desire for Freo over the Eagles, although the journo has seemingly paraphrased.

His actual reasons for the move however (which are directly quoted) only demonstrate a desire to be in WA.

West coast has been chasing clark since 2007

Nic Nat Cox, Clark, Lycett

Lynch, Wilson to GWS for Omeara

Brisbane will offer something better.

I present to you a Hawksley and Sheldon for Omeara.

GWS are looking for tall forwards thats why they were chasing Barry Hall, they have enough midfielders

Not that your players aren't better but its what GWS need - IMO

IMO what will happen is

Griffen/Ebert to Port for their 2nd round pick 28 (technically a mid 2nd round pick).

That pick plus Dockers compo pick (technically early 2nd round pick) or Eagles 1st round pick 23 (technically a mid 2nd round pick) to brisbane.

Clark to Freo/Eagles.

Freo lose
Griffen/ Compo
Gain
Clark

or

Eagles lose
Ebert/ pick 23
Gain
Clark

Brisbane lose
Clark
Gain
Technically 2 2nd round picks no matter which option they choose.

Port lose
pick 28
Gain
Ebert or Griffen

May seem a little light for Brisbane but they do have to remember that he is leaving their club regardless so they probly will have to settle for slightly 'under's'. For all other parties it seems pretty fair but also wouldnt be too surprised if Eagles through up Mitch Brown as he is next to useless at the Eagles. Give Brown and pick 23 to Bris and trade Ebert to Port for pick 28, they only drop 5 spots in the draft and get a quality upgrade on an unrequired player and Brisbane would also be very happy with this trade I dont think Freo could match that without paying heavily over.

GWS are looking for tall forwards thats why they were chasing Barry Hall, they have enough midfielders

Not that your players aren't better but its what GWS need - IMO

GWS are not looking for players for the mini-draft picks at this stage.

Their list is nearing capacity since they have to take their NSW Zone Selections, so they will be trading the mini draft players for draft or compensation picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back