Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just unlucky its our players that are offered the big bucks. Clubs don’t even wait for our players to come out of contract, they know our players can be lured away whilst under contract, but hey nothing to see.
VrPQ.gif

What about trading with dockers for Brennan cox and maybe Giro or crowden. Both SA lads and go alright.
I'm sure it's already done where he is going though.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

People have already run TAFKATMS once off the board questioning him/her, let's not do it again.

(Of course providing TAFKTAMS is in fact the TAFKATMS and not an imposter)!

Why should anyone get different treatment to anyone else when they make a wrong call. We’re all just random people on the internet. I could be Harrison Wigg for all you know

(I’m not Harrison Wigg but do have rubbish ankles)

Actually this will really put Carlton in a spot possibly trading down to get a couple of lower 1st round picks if they don't get a priority pick

That's bullshit and you know it, SOS held all the aces in Bryce's case, this time Reid holds all the Aces, he's negotiating from a position of strength this time especially if McGovern specifically nominates Carlton as his preferred destination.
I seriously doubt SOS would pay overs for McGovern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure it does to a degree however players have been known to say one thing and do another. Especially when talking to local media.

He would be stoked to be drafted by Adelaide but he specifically mentioned Brisbane. Perhaps due to the fact they are more likely to possess the required draft pick (at this stage).
Please tell us Burton will fall on his sword

Carlton-Walsh
GC-king
GC-king
Saints-
Freo-
Dogs-
Crows-
Can see saints taking rankine and Freo picking luko. To me this means crows should trade with Freo for gov. Then try and package up pick 7 and 12 to saints for pick 4 and their second

And instead GWS ended up with a 4 pick upgrade (7-3 or something similar).

Worked out really well.
Mitch isnt suffering from mental health issues, as Gibbs wasnt. Remember Mitch asked for a trade.last year and we said no, and he still played the next year. You guys didnt care about Gibbs partner suffering from exteme post natal depression, yet you expect us to care about Mitch wanting more cash.

We’ve done this dance a thousand times before at trade time.

Temper your expectations lest ye be disappointed
Yeah, we went through it with Cameron last year and got pick 12, I'm feeling pretty confident. Is that what you were getting at?

The issue is, whilst these are perfectly fine excuses, how come no other club loses huge talent yearly like we seem to? Is it really just bad luck? It happens too often.

The unfortunate big issue - SA is a routinely weak drafting area which means we're going to be more prone to losing player, or overpaying. Double with a really strong drafting/development culture, odds are we'd just rather more currency most seasons then to keep a talented player. In most cases, I've agreed with that assessment, and really outside of two examples (one you can't get parity on - Dangerfield, one we engaged in self harm - Tippett) it's worked rather well in a list building sense.

I'm sure it does to a degree however players have been known to say one thing and do another. Especially when talking to local media.

He would be stoked to be drafted by Adelaide but he specifically mentioned Brisbane. Perhaps due to the fact they are more likely to possess the required draft pick (at this stage).
I know a lad who plays U16's at a high level and mixes in the circles and Adelaide is the club he loves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back