Mitch Morton

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Brennan tells Lions to stick Their 3 year deal up thier Behind.

And he comes to Richmond.

Richo Browny Brennan Petts Simmonds

In the same foward line

= Trouble for their defenders

Plus Brennan Can Play backline

I too am starting to warm to idea of having Cale at the club aswell.
We need to realise that while he is a Utility so the question hangs over his head "where do you play him?" i think the fact that he is a TOP 3 prospect is clearly enough to prove that he can actually play football.

The Cornes brothers statement that was posted earlier really took my interest seeming as though Chad is a UTILITY and Kane is a MIDFIELDER.
Mitch and Cale could be very similar to these players.

Well atleast Mitch has better skills than Kane so we have one win up so far.

Benny / Michael Gale
Duncan / Andrew Kellaway
Joel / Patrick Bowden
Justin / Michael Pickering

Mitch / Cale Morton?

Bit off topic, but hows things CJH? Dont see you post much around BigFooty anymore. Hope lifes treating you well. :thumbsu:

I think you're onto a winner but you have to be patient. He won't be mature untill when he's 22 or 23 and at that point, probably earlier, you'll have a gun.

I hope your right. He was drafted in the same year as our fantastic five:
Deledio, Tambling, Meyer, Pattison, Polo - all top 20 picks. As Meyer looks like he may be at the Hawks next year, I think Morton can be substitued into this 5.

Looking at the draft. I think, even though we stuffed up with Myer, we have done very well for ourselves

Deledio - pick 1 - 62 games since drafted (easily in our best 22)
Tambling - pick 4 - 53 games (still developing and in our best 22)
Meyer - pick 12 - 17 games (struggled at even Coburg, may be delisted)
Patto - pick 16 - 35 games (Has exceeded expectation at this stage, only worry is about his potential to hold down first ruck in the future, in our best 22)
Dean Polo - pick 20 - 20 games (even before his injury this year struggled with form, borderline best 22)
Luke McGuane - pick 36 - 16 games (drafted as KP foward, but looks to be a solid player down back, boderline best 22)
Dean Limbach - pick 52 - 0 games (delisted after issues)

Plus

Will Thurstfield - Rookie pick 1 - 22 games (looks to have the tools, in our best 22)
Promoted Rookie - Nathan Foley 49 games (easliy in our best 22)

Plus

Andrew Raines - pick 76 - 51 games (drafted him a year early in the 2003 draft)

This was our superdraft and will be the age group who takes us to finals.... 2 KPP Backman, 1 small back, 4 midfielders + Meyer, 1 ruck

Lazy, unaccountable, thinks he's gods gift to football, arrogant, runs forward of the play, refuses to go back, expects to do a Harry Houdini every time, and gets caught every time.

Saying all of that, extremely talented, but no work ethic. Typical of todays youth, expects everything handed to him on a silver platter without putting any work in. A typical spoilt little brat.

Get your hands on the WAFL GF this year. He was so unaccountable and wouldn't chase, it would honestly (and view the GF if you don't believe me) the most insipid and heartless game by a player in a long, long time.

Basically dropped his bundle because he didn't get picked in Collingwood final. Didn't even rock up to the club awards.

Maybe in Melbourne, being a nobody, will kick him into gear.

Sorry the above sounds so depressing.

Good luck with him.

so we go from the bottom up:

So basically we have another Connors to work with....wow we are in deep shit now.;)

polo is in our best twenty two

I wouldn't be so sure. He did have a great year last year, but before he was injured he was too far from being dropped to the magoos this year (averaged 14.6 touches a game). He is still developing in the centre square so he will be given more time then guys that start on the wings or flanks. I think it will be a good battle next year between a few guys including Polo, Jackson, Edwards, Conners, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be so sure. He did have a great year last year, but before he was injured he was too far from being dropped to the magoos this year (averaged 14.6 touches a game).

Woah RG...on one thread you're aguing that Newman, with so much more time in the system, who averaged 13.7 possessions in 2006 (deducting the game where he got injured and deducting the one possession he had which directly resulted in a turnover and goal) should be one of the first picked and is among our best players? Yet Polo, a kid in his 2nd year who exceeded Newman's output, was close to being dumped?

And I'm being harsh on Newman by saying he's a fringe player?

Fair go mate. ;)

Woah RG...on one thread you're aguing that Newman, with so much more time in the system, who averaged 13.7 possessions in 2006 (deducting the game where he got injured and deducting the one possession he had which directly resulted in a turnover and goal) should be one of the first picked and is among our best players? Yet Polo, a kid in his 2nd year who exceeded Newman's output, was close to being dumped?

And I'm being harsh on Newman by saying he's a fringe player?

Fair go mate. ;)

Polo is far from being dumped, if you read my actual most you would see that i said how Polo has been put in the centre square from day 1 - not on a flank or wing like most young players do and for this reason he will get more time to develop. However, after his injury and POOR form before that I'm saying that he is not a definite for our best 22.

Newman plays in the back pocket alot of matches - not as the loose reciever. Also Newman has just come back from a broken leg. Nonethless who cares what he averaged in 2006. In 2007 he average close to 20 touches a game - with a rod stuck in his leg

Polo is far from being dumped, if you read my actual most you would see that i said how Polo has been put in the centre square from day 1 - not on a flank or wing like most young players do and for this reason he will get more time to develop. However, after his injury and POOR form before that I'm saying that he is not a definite for our best 22.

Newman plays in the back pocket alot of matches - not as the loose reciever. Also Newman has just come back from a broken leg. Nonethless who cares what he averaged in 2006. In 2007 he average close to 20 touches a game - with a rod stuck in his leg

You said Polo was "[not] too far from being dropped", using the fact he averaged 14.6 possessions a game as evidence of poor form. I'm just making a comparison with someone you claim should be among the first picked, with the suggestion that you're being a bit harsh on Polo and a bit soft on Newman.

In modern football, all small defenders are expected to run and receive, and in our side they get plenty of opportunity to do that.

King walked into the side and averaged just under 17 possessions a game - and unlike Newman, he's not a designated kicker being fed the ball by the likes of Thursfield, Polak and McGuane.

I hear Cale Morton was measured at 191.5 at the camp which i find ironic as before the national champs he was measured at 192 and heard he has grown TO 194. Does anyone know where you can get the heights and weights of the players from the camp.
If you have a look at this picture from the camp Kruezer looks to be about 5-6 cm's taller then Morton and Kruezer is listed at 199.5 so there is a possibility that Morton is 194 cm.

18742.jpg

18743.jpg

That is what i was saying looks all class. Wouldnt be dissapointed if we dont get Cotchin as Mitch is sort of the same type of player. HFF/Midfielder and also are both the same height and both have superb skills and smarts. That is why i am leaning more towards Cale Morton as Mitch basically is Trent Cotchin for us and we get a extra player in his brother. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Morton