Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

You know it could just mean that he wants to train with Melbourne. :eek:
why would he just want to train with melbourne !!!
not like melbourne have the best facilities.

looks like he is melbourne bound to me.............oh well good luck to him hope he pulls his head in & works his butt of to salvage his carreer would be a shame for a talent to go to waste.

of course i would - thats a shit trade

Especially since we can now get him in the PSD if we want to. If Bradshaw could slide to pick 5 in the PSD, purely because he "wants to" - surely we could get Thorp to slide to pick 2 - IF we convinced him.

your an idiot.
Ah yes.Another keyboard hero.

The silence is deafening from the tigers at the moment.

Im ok with the low key approach but give us something. have they spoken to Thorpe, are we still interested? We were willing to trade a now delisted player for him so surely we would be happy to take him now.

Everyone including me has been saying if hardwick decides he is good to go then we should grab him(I have since woken up to the fact that he must have already decided he is good to go hence the trade option). So what has changed I wonder?????

The silence is deafening from the tigers at the moment.

Im ok with the low key approach but give us something. have they spoken to Thorpe, are we still interested? We were willing to trade a now delisted player for him so surely we would be happy to take him now.

Everyone including me has been saying if hardwick decides he is good to go then we should grab him(I have since woken up to the fact that he must have already decided he is good to go hence the trade option). So what has changed I wonder?????

When we wanted him he was still a Hawthorn player, then something happened at Hawthorn due to his delisting with 1 year left to go. Hardwick has most likely called some of his old contacts and would have said what's the deal ? Got the answer and more than likely it was enough to change his mind. :eek:

When we wanted him he was still a Hawthorn player, then something happened at Hawthorn due to his delisting with 1 year left to go. Hardwick has most likely called some of his old contacts and would have said what's the deal ? Got the answer and more than likely it was enough to change his mind. :eek:

Has it been confirmed that something happened leading to Hawthorn cutting their losses?

I just find it strange that all seems very ammicable if that is the case?

Has it been confirmed that something happened leading to Hawthorn cutting their losses?

I just find it strange that all seems very ammicable if that is the case?

players took a vote - no longer wanted him at the club and took it upstairs to get rubber stamped lol

Got to wonder if he would be a good fit for us (or for Melbourne for that matter) considering the ammount of youth on the list.

We don't need someone who can't fit in and thinks they are better than others.:thumbsdown:

He should let his results speak for him first. Cant recall him dominating at VFL last year and pushing to dislodge two out of form forwards in Buddy & Roughy:eek:

Luke Ball has left Saints (100% confirmed form foxsports) so are odds on getting Thorpe have just been boosted.

But he is going into the ND, so one of Pies, Dons or Lions will nab him. I doubt Melb would use #18 on him, even if they are desperate to find another $500K or so in their TPP.

So I would say the chances of Thorp coming to Punt Road, even if Hardwick wanted him, are about the same or perhaps slightly worse than this time yesterday

i think the chances of thorp coming to puntroad are vitually nill now.

if hardwick/richmond wanted him , he would be training with the boys at puntroad atm.

alot of coburg players plus hooper were invited & no thorp so its clear that we are not intrested. the ball situation would just confirm that either mcdonald or thorp will be the 1psd pick.

i think the chances of thorp coming to puntroad are vitually nill now.

if hardwick/richmond wanted him , he would be training with the boys at puntroad atm.

alot of coburg players plus hooper were invited & no thorp so its clear that we are not intrested. the ball situation would just confirm that either mcdonald or thorp will be the 1psd pick.

Really interested in your thinking. Why are you so sure that Mitch would neccessarily be training at Richmond if they wanted to even have a look at him?

Personally I think they have made up there mind about Thorp. Why would they want him to train with us? Hardwick has seen him train for the last 3 years so what added info would he get by having him down at punt road! A chat would be all that is necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think they have made up there mind about Thorp. Why would they want him to train with us? Hardwick has seen him train for the last 3 years so what added info would he get by having him down at punt road! A chat would be all that is necessary.
Exactly, but at the same time we are hardly going to give him a 100% guarantee ATM, likewise Melbourne wont have a decision set in stone regarding the PSD yet, and it would be stupid on the behalf of Thrope to totally rule himself out of Melbourne's thinking if Richmond was to look elsewhere in the end.
Massive over reactions happening at the minute in here.

hardwick has seen him train for 3 years.............yes at hawthorn with the hawks players not richmond players !

the cohesion between the tiger players and thorp would have to be of intrest not only to hardwick but also lade,leppa,campbell etc

if you are considering a player what benefit would it be to let the player train with the team that has a pick before you !!

it would be atleast 6-8 weeks since hardwick would of seen thorp train & would certainly want to see how he would of come back from injury & post season.

everything just indicates to me that melbourne will take thorp unless they either rate mcdonald as a better fit or thorp not upto it.

I would've thought, given the names being bandied about a few weeks back as being possibly available in the PSD, you guys could do a whole lot better with pick 2. The likes of Ball, Macdonald, Smith, Bradshaw etc., any of those would be a much, much better bet IMO.

And just for interest's sake, it wasn't just Hawthorn that he had issues with his teammates. I know a guy who played at Box Hill, and he said that (to put it very, very mildly) he was very much disliked down there also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back