Most bangers per capita - Sweden?

Remove this Banner Ad

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My son listens to a wide variety of music, but what he loves he absolutely ****ing rinses. In the recent case of Chappell Roan I went from hmm, who's that? (thinking at first Caroline Polachek), to wow, I really love this, to bloody hell, I'm a bit over Chappell Roan in the space of two weeks. (Given a break, I am sure I will be glad to listen to Pink Pony Club and Red Wine Supernova again at a future time).
Sorry for the digression, but something else he's played a lot recently is this old thing:

Complete banger of course, but I never realised it was written by a Swedish producer (Max Martin), and recorded and produced in Sweden (by Martin and Rami Yacoub). Martin was surprised by the controversy about the lyric "Hit me one more time" because he thought it was just an idiom for "give me something" (ie, a sign).
I also learned that "Baby One More Time" was rejected by both Backstreet Boys and TLC. You can look up Martin's songwriting credits in wikipedia, there are 27 US no. 1s including most of Katy Perry's hits and three Taylor Swift songs from 1989, including Shake it Off.
It got me thinking that there are an awful lot of Swedish pop bangers out there from Abba to Robyn to Avicii and probably a heap I haven't thought of. All from a population currently 10 million people!
So go ahead and post your Swedish bangers in this thread, surprising or unsurprising.

My favourite Robyn track is this one, because it was playing on the speaker just before I woke up one morning and in my dream I was swinging on a rope above a river while this played in the background:

Remove this Banner Ad

Most bangers per capita - Sweden?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back