Most disappointing player this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

ScoobySnacks

All Australian
Jul 3, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Now the regular season is over, let me ask, who was it?

Jarryd Roughead was pretty poor, despite netting around 50 goals he went absolutely missing in too many games.

Mark Williams. Essendon fans would have big hopes for him, and to spend more than half the season in the VFL before going under the knife would have been disappointing.

Nic Nat didn't get close to the hype that was surrounding him pre-season.

Let it flow...

Mark Williams. Essendon fans would have big hopes for him, and to spend more than half the season in the VFL before going under the knife would have been disappointing.
I don't think he even managed half a season in total, including 4 games in the 1s. Harsh to judge with injury.

Stanton for mine. Hasn't kicked on whatsoever. Gone backwards.

agree with mark williams
thought the move would do him some good
even nic nat didnt have a fantastic year after people were going on about him 24/7

from melbourne i believe matthew bate has had a shocking year

Kurt Tippet. I expected more from him but it may well be due to the lackluster performance of the Crows midfielders. I do however, think he will come back bigger and better next season.

How Roughead managed to kick himself 50 goals this season is beyond me, what with the way he has been playing. He better sort himself out come next season (even this week would be nice!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will go with Tippet. He had very high hopes on him at the start of the season and just never really lived up to them during the season.

Roughy was a bit disapointing but anyone who plays second to Buddy and still kicks about 50 goals is doing something right.

Roughy was a letdown but he still kicked 49 goals. Tippett was probably the biggest dissapointment in the first half of the season. Willo was certainly a letdown apart from his game against Carlton.

I personally hade huge expectations that Shaun Higgins would develop into a very classy on-baller this year. That didn't eventuate through a combination of form and injury (Again). Probably doesn't warrant the Most Disappointing Player Award though.

Its interesting to note that Fev and Rough, both had shit years, but still managed to kick 48 & 49 respectively, Fev doing so from only 17 games.

Kosi, lol, disappointed yet again, i'm still not sure how he managed to not get dropped

After finally looking like a number 4 draft pick last year, Tambling went down the shitter this year. Apparently he was carrying some sort of injury but he was down right embarrasing this year.

Although not nearly the biggest, I'd say Gibbs has been pretty average this year.

Bulldogs perspective-

Shaun Higgins - I thought this was the year he'd stamp his name as at least a top40 of the AFL type player. Struggling to make our 22 at the moment.

Josh Hill - Has all the talent in the world yet I don't think commitment is a strong suit. Had him pencilled in for best 22 pre season.

Andres Everitt - While starting well he faded and has struggled to play in the starting 22 with others overtaking him. Thought he would be top 22 player for sure.

Brad Johnson - Injuries or not it's been a poor year and it's obvious he went one too long.

Jason Akermanis - Ditto.

Callan Ward - Struggled with injury all year. Hasn't been a good season.

Mitch Hahn - I think the game might have gone past him. His leg speed has really hurt us this year.

While a few of the players above have had their share of injuries it's been a poor year from their standards. Our match comittee has been a little shonky this year with playing injured players.

On the flipside of that a few of the other kids have stepped up and kept us competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most disappointing player this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back