Most disappointing team of 2024

The most disappointing team of 2024? (You can pick 4)

• Collingwood

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Essendon

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Richmond

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Carlton

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide finishing bottom 4 this season was never something I considered.

Seeing that their percentage is still over 100 is actually baffling as well.

Melbourne, Collingwood, Carlton

I tipped Melbourne to win the flag. Boy did I get that wrong.

Collingwood because they've failed to make the 8. More than anything I think it shows that whilst they had a great 2023 season, they weren't that far ahead of the rest.

Carlton, because 6 weeks ago they were a game and a half clear of 3rd. Finish top 2 and a flag is right there for the taking, especially in such an even year. Now, not certain to make the 8.

I'm considering start of the season expectations rather than how the season went expectations.

Melbourne - say no more. Could get worse next year too.
St Kilda - finished 6th in 2023. Didn't fire a shot until season was long gone.
Gold Coast - piss easy draw, have the talent, still finished in that perpetual 11-15th range.
Adelaide - what a basket case of a season.

It's easy to say Collingwood but quite often the reigning premier will have a down season following a premiership so it wasn't that shocking to me. Carlton were always flaky to me so finals in general is still a pass mark imo. Brisbane isn't surprising to me either as losing grand finalists can find it hard to bounce back too.

Melbourne, Collingwood, Carlton

I tipped Melbourne to win the flag. Boy did I get that wrong.

Collingwood because they've failed to make the 8. More than anything I think it shows that whilst they had a great 2023 season, they weren't that far ahead of the rest.

Carlton, because 6 weeks ago they were a game and a half clear of 3rd. Finish top 2 and a flag is right there for the taking, especially in such an even year. Now, not certain to make the 8.
I also tipped Melbourne to win the premiership, and to play Collingwood in the Grand final. I thought Brisbane were going to fall out the 8, since they're ageing. Although, I was one of very few to predict Hawthorn to make the top 8, this year. I based that on their victories against the Grand finalists, last year.

Adelaide finishing bottom 4 this season was never something I considered.

Seeing that their percentage is still over 100 is actually baffling as well.
Adelaide's position, this year, is one of the few predictions I got right, because they relied on all their veterans to nearly get them to the finals, last year. I knew they'd fall off to around 14th-15th, this year.

Adelaide & St Kilda easily. Both sides immensely thankful North, WC & Richmond exist.

Collingwood disappointing but also understandable with delayed pre season and their list demographic. Saw enough to say that it was a blip rather than a “this is where we are now”.

North should be in there too. Abysmal in 2023 yes. But surely from that 20 match losing streak they had, they can’t get worse? Well we did. Same wins, but a 8% drop in percentage. Awful. Piss weak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has to be Gold Coast - list should have been pushing for finals, adding veteran coach, easy draw gifted to them. To not only miss finals but not really be in the running by the back end of the year is massively disappointing but not unexpected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most disappointing team of 2024

Back