Most improved players '07

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Bock looks a likely type, done well for my Dreamteam.

Rhyss Shaw is going real well - but I don't need 29 pages of posts from Collingwood supporters to confirm it.

Adcock from Brisbane.

Nathan Foley is/will be a player.

Gary Ablett Jnr. has definatley improved from last year, enough to be Captain of my Dreamteam.

I'll leave my team out of it.

Neither Lingy or Peverill have improved their looks though.
As has Josh Thurgood :thumbsu:

Mcintosh (nth)
Lewis (hawks)
Stanton (ess)
Foley (rich)
Knights (adl)
Blake (geel)
R.Campbell (hawks)
Franklin (hawks)

the players who i think have stepped up this season:

H. Mcintosh
J. Lewis
C. Knights
D. Rodan
L. Franklin
P. Ryder
A. Sandliands
S. Pendlebury
M. Rischitelli
M. Priddis
N. Foley
D. Milburn
T. Lockyer
B. Ebert
J. Winderlich
N. Malceski
C. Brown
S. Higgins
the fact that alot of this list are 2 , 3 and 4 year players shows the ridiculously high expectations put on draftees these days. most of them are reall only progressing naturally. from the pies i am impressed with rhyce shaw particularily after a knee injury and intense scrutiny after the 03 g/f. jimmy bartel has taken his game to another level and jarrod waite is starting to look pretty good aswell.

From Adelaide-

Chris Knights and Jon Griffin. The Griff was struggling to get a game in the SANFL last season.

For West Coast, prolly Brett Jones. Has been good in previous years, has really stepped up this year tho. Would be named in our best half dozen in every game this year.

Brent Staker has improved alot playing down back as well.

I don't think his haircut has changed, has it?

I think fashion has changed to accommodate Adam Hunter.

That is sad - but also gonna save me a fortune in haircuts as my four year old kid will be able to do a better/similar job to the hunter and his/her hairdresser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangaroos Bandwagoners! they seem to be popping up from everywhere after a lucky start.

As for players, nobody can go past a player by the name of Jimmy Bartel.
He was a good player, dont get me wrong, but this year he seems to be having a much greater impact on his games.

From the hawks - Taylor, Lewis, Sewell, Gilham, Big MAc

Hawthorn Bandwagoners! they seem to be popping up from everywhere after a lucky start.

As for players, nobody can go past a player by the name of Jimmy Bartel.
He was a good player, dont get me wrong, but this year he seems to be having a much greater impact on his games.

From the hawks - Taylor, Lewis, Sewell, Gilham, Big MAc

Edited for accuracy

I agree with those who have put forward Bartel, he's gone from being a very good player to elite so far this season. Junior has been on the cusp of elite for years and he too looks like he may have made the step. The way he took over the Eagles game in the third quarter was masterful stuff. His younger brother is having a pretty fair sort of a year too, particularly when others on this board, Geelong fans included, wondered if he'd ever really amount to anything.

Other fellows I think have improved in 2007...

Paddy Ryder - Showed he had the raw tools last year, this year he's showed he's learning how to use those tools.

Graham Polak - OK, it's only Richmond, but he'd be in a 1-2 race with Foley for their B&F right at the moment, and by a fair distance.

Matthew Boyd - After his display on Sunday in particular, it's no surprise they gave this fellow the no 5.

Tim Boyle - Gone from almost being off the list, to being one of the most versatile KPP's in the comp.

Brett Ebert - Has been on the fringes for years, this season is finally starting to show his class.

But seriously, at this point of the year, Hamish Mcintosh is so far and away the most improved it's not funny. He is most of the reason why the Roos are going so well at the moment.

Nick Malceski - if the Eski was playing for a Victorian team you'd be hearing about him every week. He's becoming one of the most indispensible players in the Swans. And has one of the very best kicks in the whole competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most improved players '07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back