Off-topic Most overated bands and singers in history- Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst National Anthem ever.
A couple of points, don't try and have sex with a National Anthem and get some effing rhythm or don't sing, don't sing it so badly that people laugh at you.

Enrico Palazzo did a better job of the Star Spangled Banner

Worst National Anthem ever.
A couple of points, don't try and have sex with a National Anthem and get some effing rhythm or don't sing, don't sing it so badly that people laugh at you.

The anthem itself is ok, it’s more the pissing contest that comes with these pretentious celebrity dickheads trying to out flog each other singing it

Very few bad bands or bad songs.

As Clauswirz observed, "in war, even to be mediocre is an achievement" and the same goes for music.

I wrote the lyrics for a couple of songs for a mates ban, I must've had $100 or more from APRA. I saw the effort it took them to front up and play their guts out and they got screwed around in the usual ways. Coodabeen the great Aussie band. They were great.

Real music is great. Fake music is great. Music by evil pricks like Michael Jackson and Gary Glitter ( may they both rot in hell, the scum) is great. Music by druggies and phonies and vegetarians is great.

I play my boy every thing I can find, Beatles, LedZep, Ledbetter, Nirvana, Ravi (and Anushka) Shankar.

He gets Pearl Jam, Lorde, Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Wagner, Zimmer, Williams, Irish Rebel songs, Ottoman barracks songs, 5 different versions of Misrlou, Tubular Bells and Howard Shore and Nation XII and Sheila Chandra. Ice house, Crowded House, REM, Weather Report, Bluegrass, Jazz, Old Timey, Eric Bogle, the Pogues, the Dubliners, The Chieftans, the Pet Shop Boys and the Sugarbabes. That's this month alone.

None of them are over or under rated, if they reached one person they are doing the work of the Gods. Musicians give access to the universe of the Supernatural.

If you don't like it you can GAGF. Somebody does.

93z2la.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Clauswirz observed, "in war, even to be mediocre is an achievement" and the same goes for music.

I wrote the lyrics for a couple of songs for a mates ban, I must've had $100 or more from APRA. I saw the effort it took them to front up and play their guts out and they got screwed around in the usual ways. Coodabeen the great Aussie band. They were great.

Real music is great. Fake music is great. Music by evil pricks like Michael Jackson and Gary Glitter ( may they both rot in hell, the scum) is great. Music by druggies and phonies and vegetarians is great.

I play my boy every thing I can find, Beatles, LedZep, Ledbetter, Nirvana, Ravi (and Anushka) Shankar.

He gets Pearl Jam, Lorde, Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Wagner, Zimmer, Williams, Irish Rebel songs, Ottoman barracks songs, 5 different versions of Misrlou, Tubular Bells and Howard Shore and Nation XII and Sheila Chandra. Ice house, Crowded House, REM, Weather Report, Bluegrass, Jazz, Old Timey, Eric Bogle, the Pogues, the Dubliners, The Chieftans, the Pet Shop Boys and the Sugarbabes. That's this month alone.

None of them are over or under rated, if they reached one person they are doing the work of the Gods. Musicians give access to the universe of the Supernatural.

You should post this on the main board for all the Molly Meldrum wanabe flogs also

mentality that i wish a lot of people had tbh

Which reminds me I should watch the movie Cocktail too.
It was awful! I thought it would be romantic but it was about an annoying money obsessed materialistic psycho. I had to turn it off halfway. Did people really make drinks like that? If you order a drink did the bar tender flip bottles around and dance for 5 minutes before he gave you anything? Terrible movie and I hate the Beach Boys now!

Last edited:
Why is everyone too cowardly to post their favourite albums?

I might post mine but it's hard to narrow it down to just ten albums when you have such an awesome album collection as mine.

It was awful! I thought it would be romantic but it was about an annoying money obsessed materialistic psycho. I had to turn it off halfway. Did people really make drinks like that? If you order a drink did the bar tender flip bottles around and dance for 5 minutes before he gave you anything? Terrible movie and I hate the Beach Boys now!

I never saw any bartenders serving me drinks like that even when I was in the States, a typical Hollywood bullshit movie.

Bryan Brown should be ashamed of himself for selling out and being a part of it, it was right up Tom Cruise's alley though.

I might post mine but it's hard to narrow it down to just ten albums when you have such an awesome album collection as mine.

I never saw any bartenders serving me drinks like that even when I was in the States, a typical Hollywood bullshit movie.

Bryan Brown should be ashamed of himself for selling out and being a part of it, it was right up Tom Cruise's alley though.
I bet that's not the only thing right up Tom Cruise's alley

Remove this Banner Ad

Off-topic Most overated bands and singers in history- Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back