Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
EFC 'Cult Heroes'..as in..blokes who wern't star players or highly gifted footballers but could still maintain a spot in the side whether it was for 10 games or 100.

The supporters either love him or hate him and debates about their ability as league footballer always ends up with different views...Kevin Walsh leads that group.:D

Then you got the other kind of cult heroes..the champions who had a personality and a playing style that all the Bomber fans love and admire...Billy Duckworth? Roger? Harvs? Joey?

Past and present players included...Is Davey headed for cult heroe status?

for mine it was Tony Antrobus,the angry ant.

The little nugget.

Vanders probably tops the list for the 'star' cult figure. All us Bomber kids in the 80's loved him:thumbsu:

Whats that really ugly blonde blokes name , I think he went to Hawthorne or came to you guys from Hawthorne. Real hard player good player think he played in your 2000 flag. Had a face on him like a deep sea racing mullet. Sheedy used him to perfection. He was a bit of a cult hero for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't forget Gary "That mark" Moorcroft

I've still got his number on my jumper. Chose it after that 8 goal game against Geelong, where I was siting in the pocket in the perfect possition to see him slot those two goals from the boundary. Never missing.

You can add Alan Reid- number 2 for the Dons. Nondescript ability but had his own chant in the outer whenever he touched the ball. Strange the way supporters latch on to the unlikely heroes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Popular Essendon Cult Heroes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back