Most Popular Essendon Cult Heroes

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Heard is a great get.

For mine, cult hero's were always those ones that were loved and respected by their own but not noticed or cut down by others.

David Grenvold.

I was a huge Grenvold fan - a very underrated player & a key component of that 93 side. Was rarely great but almost always contributed well. Good above his head for his height & athough not quick was pretty evasive & had good disposal. Certainly fits the cult hero status for me.

Kevin Walsh. Still cringe whenever I see Dippers elbow break his face during the last quarter of the 84 GF but love it when he gives the thumbs up on the stretcher.

Paul Hills. Polled more votes than Mil Hanna in 1993. Says it all.

Brad Fox. Purely because he challenged Plugga in 91 I think and got his head ripped off.

Surely Blethyn would rate a mention, one of the shining lights in the dark days!

GBlethynEss.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin Walsh. Still cringe whenever I see Dippers elbow break his face during the last quarter of the 84 GF but love it when he gives the thumbs up on the stretcher.
Paul Hills. Polled more votes than Mil Hanna in 1993. Says it all.

Brad Fox. Purely because he challenged Plugga in 91 I think and got his head ripped off.

LMAO very hard at that memory:D

If you've never seen that moment on your 84GF tape,go back and have a look. Walsh looks like the strawman form the Wizard of Oz crossed with Mr Bean and is in a bad way on the stretcher. But he gives this thumbs up sign just to let the Bomber faithful know he wasn't dead. classic:)

Barnes has ended up as one at Essendon. The bawling,sobbing embrace with Wallis after the 2000 GF..

If you've never seen that moment on your 84GF tape,go back and have a look. Walsh looks like the strawman form the Wizard of Oz crossed with Mr Bean and is in a bad way on the stretcher. But he gives this thumbs up sign just to let the Bomber faithful know he wasn't dead. classic:)

The chanting by the crowd got him bavk up I'm sure of it...have a listen to the crowd before he goes off - you can hear "Kevin Walsh" all over the place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Popular Essendon Cult Heroes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back