Opinion Most underrated player(s) in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Close is a pretty underrated small forward I feel. Gets overshadowed because of Stengle but has kicked himself 22 goals this year.

Zac Merrett remains criminally under rated in the AFL.

If you name the top 10 midfielders in the comp he most likely isn't picked by the masses but the coaches votes suggests he is in the top 5 mids in the competition.

Genuine superstar and firmly on my radar for a Brownlow podium spot

Would have Merrett top 20 but the top 10 is hard to crack although from about 8 or 9 it becomes very much eye of the beholder.

At the end of the day though unless you’re kicking goals or dominating in the air most people are going to have a preference for players who’ve been a part of a successful side.

Merrett is an absolute jet. I don't think top 10 is a stretch

Hayden Young gets a little less recognition than deserved 23 and having some weeks 25-30 possesion games with multiple goals. Is a real class player and just seems to be good where ever they put him. Averaging 24 possesions over the last 3 years.

Zac Merrett remains criminally under rated in the AFL.

If you name the top 10 midfielders in the comp he most likely isn't picked by the masses but the coaches votes suggests he is in the top 5 mids in the competition.

Genuine superstar and firmly on my radar for a Brownlow podium spot
Has been in my top 5 players full stop for the last 3-4 years absolute ⭐️.

Hayden Young gets a little less recognition than deserved 23 and having some weeks 25-30 possesion games with multiple goals. Is a real class player and just seems to be good where ever they put him. Averaging 24 possesions over the last 3 years.
Hayden Young again most damaging player in the last 2 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Cameron
Dan Butler

Vandermeer - not in the sense that he is a great player flying under the radar

but every. single. week. his own fans lament how terrible he is and how he should be replaced in the team by pretty much anyone else, but every week he is picked again.

...the pages of posts on the bulldogs forum dedicated to trying to work out what he contributes :p

I love Willem Drew!!! I feel like he is under rated massively and is a competitive beast who plays a game allowing our 3 big name mids to shine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Most underrated player(s) in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back