MotoGP MotoGP 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Miller almost certain now to sign with Pramac alongside Oliveira to ride Yamahas and remain on the MotoGP grid next year.

Yes seems like good news but the landscape can change. Hope it’s locked. On two strokes going back without all the computer shit . We could do that on a moto gp arcade ride on computer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll say this about the old blokes. They might've had it tougher, and they may be looked at favourably because they've contributed to our fandom of racing. But it doesn't matter how easy the later generation had it, Jorge Lorenzo could've knocked off any one of Roberts, Lawson or Rainey in their championship seasons. Not all of them or dominate, but one title of each.

edit: When I first saw the pics, I thought Cal Crutchlow was Carlos Checa. Interesting to have a video about Yamaha without a prominent rider involved.

Last edited:
I'll say this about the old blokes. They might've had it tougher, and they may be looked at favourably because they've contributed to our fandom of racing. But it doesn't matter how easy the later generation had it, Jorge Lorenzo could've knocked off any one of Roberts, Lawson or Rainey in their championship seasons. Not all of them or dominate, but one title of each.

edit: When I first saw the pics, I thought Cal Crutchlow was Carlos Checa. Interesting to have a video about Yamaha without a prominent rider involved.

That’s awesome. Much more exciting era.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks. do you have any ideas concerning his drop off in form this year?

Hard to pinpoint. Clearly the bike has fallen behind where it was last year. Their issue used to be throwing so much new stuff at the bike they never got a proper development direction (sounds like this is where Yamaha are now). Now it seems their refining the package has slowed development too much.

Specifically to Jack being so far behind, I suspect it's largely down to tyres. Michelin brought a new construction tyre this year and it sounded perfect for Jack - a soft compound with medium longevity. But Miller hasn't seemed to be able to find a way to work within the new tyres operating window. Unlike previously where he could be blindingly fast but not make it last, most of this year he's struggled for raw pace from the get go and complained they just can't get the tyres to hook up.

Will be interesting to see if they found something in setup last weekend to unlock more of his potential or if it's just another false dawn.

Champions are champions and would adapt through any era. It's why I don't believe in a single greatest of all time.

"The ergonomics are terrible"
Funnily enough, when King Kenny was a team boss, he was rigid on the ergos of his race bikes whether his riders liked them or not.

Champions are champions and would adapt through any era. It's why I don't believe in a single greatest of all time.

"The ergonomics are terrible"
Funnily enough, when King Kenny was a team boss, he was rigid on the ergos of his race bikes whether his riders liked them or not.
My gut feeling is that it's either Lawson, Rainey or Rossi.

I could not bring myself to say it because he's given me the shits so much and there's the huge media favourtism he had. But if there were an objective measure, it wouldn't surprise me if it was definitive that it's Rossi.

My gut feeling is that it's either Lawson, Rainey or Rossi.

I could not bring myself to say it because he's given me the shits so much and there's the huge media favourtism he had. But if there were an objective measure, it wouldn't surprise me if it was definitive that it's Rossi.

Too many variables and we have a propensity towards recency bias.
Would somehow need to quantify the quality of opponents at a time. Quality of machinery. Account for injury and personal circumstance.

I would argue Marc Marquez is better than Rossi but there are weaknesses to each argument. How do you compare riders of the last 30 years to guys like Hailwood and Agostini?

I'm going to say the really old guys lose out because back in the day, the IoM TT was a bigger deal than winning a WC, even though the IoM was part of the WC, and the guys also had their fair share of IoM wins.

Not that MotoGP'll ever acknowledge it. Bbut over the years, anecdotally, I've had the impression that up until the 70s, American racing was better than WC level. More stacked and more money. The level of the WC lifted when the Yanks started coming over.

Marquez misses out a bit because he's of the later generation and a beneficiary of favourable programs and softer tracks.

Rossi is in that in-between part.

A video to make Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever happy.

I think for younger/newer fans; this race is the equivalent of 1991 Hockenheim Rainey and Schwantz for me and presumably Klyntonius as well.

As much as Rossi gave me the shits. This was one of those occasions where you're pissed and impressed at the same time.

No one ever passed at the last corner of Catalunya. "******** hell, that was really good. Can't argue with that."

Liberty Media has announced it is selling a $825million stake in Formula 1 to fund the purchase of MotoGP.

It was announced in April that Liberty would acquire 86% of the shares of Dorna Sports, the Spanish company which has owned MotoGP since 1992.

The deal was valued at $4.2billion, with the remaining stake staying with MotoGP management

Remove this Banner Ad

MotoGP MotoGP 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back