Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should start a new thread for 2011 season as the murmors are starting to move.......;)

Any Coaching rumours getting around!
could be a few jobs up for grabs..

Demons.. Farr u would think
Saints... ? Broadbent gone?
Nhill........Bayzand Gone
Ararat......Turner Gone.
Warrack....Schultzs.
Stawell......Cassidy Gone.
Dimboola....Davidson.
Min/Mur.....Lanyon Gone.
United.......????

Barney barnett has signed with kalkee! Will wait till after grand final to announce!! Very reliable source!

Demons.. Farr u would think
Saints... ? Broadbent gone?
Nhill........Bayzand Gone
Ararat......Turner Gone.
Warrack....Schultzs.
Stawell......Cassidy Gone.
Dimboola....Davidson.
Min/Mur.....Lanyon Gone.
United.......????
Losts of 'Gones' there. Should be a lot of coaching movemnets this year. Even Farr maybe a goner after this year.

Demons.. Farr
Saints... ?
Nhill........Brierley
Ararat......?
Warrack....Schultzs.
Stawell......Williamson
Dimboola....Davidson.
Min/Mur.....?
United.....Argall

Three more gaps to confirm! any murmurs on em. Going off hdfl forum there is word that terry arnel will coach laharum, the cross brothers to min/mur.

Demons.. Farr
Saints... ?
Nhill........Brierley
Ararat......?
Warrack....Schultzs.
Stawell......Williamson
Dimboola....Davidson.
Min/Mur.... S.Arnold
United.....Argall

Three more gaps to confirm! any murmurs on em. Going off hdfl forum there is word that terry arnel will coach laharum, the cross brothers to min/mur.

Scott Arnold to coach the Burras's next year,
I am some what certain that the cross bros will be here as well
Robbie Miller in talks with Dimboola!

Can someone give me a background on Scott Arnold? Not a name I have even heard before in football circles!

Im suprised you havent. He has been coaching for years, under 17s & Reserves for Burras, plus has headed recruiting for the last 8 years. Not a bad result for a 32yr old. Burras commitee approached him last year to coach seniors but had a new born on the way. Knows football inside out and knows the opposition better than anyone. Still plays and led the 'hard ones' tally from the burras last year. Highly respected fella around the wimmera and will no doubt do a great job in the senior role.

Im suprised you havent. He has been coaching for years, under 17s & Reserves for Burras, plus has headed recruiting for the last 8 years. Not a bad result for a 32yr old. Burras commitee approached him last year to coach seniors but had a new born on the way. Knows football inside out and knows the opposition better than anyone. Still plays and led the 'hard ones' tally from the burras last year. Highly respected fella around the wimmera and will no doubt do a great job in the senior role.
No disrespect meant but given the Burra's are a fair way off the pace wouldn't a gun playing coach be the way to go to bolster the senior ranks??

I think that type of thinking has gone out the door a bit in modern football. You often see in AFL now captains etc are appointed because of their behaviours rather then their skill. In the Wimmera League everyone wants the gun player for sure but weather you appointment someone to run your club because they are skilful is another matter. Horsham Saints and Dimboola have done pretty well with their coaches over the last couple of years.
Given the performance of most (including the two above) teams during the past 8 years I'd argue all of them need at least a good player / great coach, or a gun player / good coach. They haven't got the luxury of great player pools not to use the $ associated with coaching to get another valuable player. Warrack have used their coaching $ to gain two great players. That may well be the difference for them next yr in getting the job done in Sept where others have failed badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping to see some of the younger lads from the DL to make the move to wimmera league next year. So far i've heard whispers of jarred martin, pat purcell, robbie miller - dimboola, chris meyer - nhill, simon hobbs - Warrack, and riley mcfarlane - warrack having chats to WL clubs. would be good to see them come over and bolster depth at these clubs. I only hope money isn't the big drawing card for these boys.

Given the performance of most (including the two above) teams during the past 8 years I'd argue all of them need at least a good player / great coach, or a gun player / good coach. They haven't got the luxury of great player pools not to use the $ associated with coaching to get another valuable player. Warrack have used their coaching $ to gain two great players. That may well be the difference for them next yr in getting the job done in Sept where others have failed badly.

Have warrack used their $'s to gain two great coaches as well? There was a massive difference between Nhill and Horsham in this years GF. Nhill had some stars in their side who were a lot bigger names than in Horshams, but Horsham was a well coached side, with balance across the team. Two great players (Schultzs) will need to do more than just play for September success.

Scott Arnold was named youth coach of the year for the wimmera mallee tonight, he obviously can coach.

Have warrack used their $'s to gain two great coaches as well? There was a massive difference between Nhill and Horsham in this years GF. Nhill had some stars in their side who were a lot bigger names than in Horshams, but Horsham was a well coached side, with balance across the team. Two great players (Schultzs) will need to do more than just play for September success.

Scott Arnold was named youth coach of the year for the wimmera mallee tonight, he obviously can coach.

spot on Ploughman Scott arnold is a great bloke and a bloke you would want to play footy for...Have heard though the demons have pretty much got everyone on board apart fron a couple and have got nick pekin (glenelg) jagen ross (ballarat) alex thompson(ballarat) luke spasic (year off) Adlington? and Skurrie? all prospects and all are past premiership players. I would think the empire aren`t going anywhere if this crew are a done deal.:(:(

spot on Ploughman Scott arnold is a great bloke and a bloke you would want to play footy for...Have heard though the demons have pretty much got everyone on board apart fron a couple and have got nick pekin (glenelg) jagen ross (ballarat) alex thompson(ballarat) luke spasic (year off) Adlington? and Skurrie? all prospects and all are past premiership players. I would think the empire aren`t going anywhere if this crew are a done deal.:(:(

Heard a whisper from the burras camp that John Kosch may be returning next year to play. Will be a massive signing if they do secure him!

Can anyone tell us what the coaching line up at Horsham Saints will be? I believe they have appointed someone new to town and also someone from within the club. Both playing coaches but I don't know if they will be joint coaches or one as an assistant.

Can anyone tell us what the coaching line up at Horsham Saints will be? I believe they have appointed someone new to town and also someone from within the club. Both playing coaches but I don't know if they will be joint coaches or one as an assistant.

Brian Durbridge from the shep swans i believe. Anyone know anything about him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back