thetigerman

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2004
Mordialloc
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond , Victoria
Foxtel's Movie Network Channels will go at the the of this month.
The contract expires at months end and will not be renewed.
Foxtel say replacement movie channels will come on line early 2013.

One would hope , those of us will get a cost cut until this happens, but of course , don't hold your breath.

Well well well......

From WP -

I have just had a very heated discussion with foxtel and managed to get the hidden truth out of the rep regarding the new movie service that starts from 1st Jan.
Yes showtime and movie network are being replaced on 1st Jan with the new foxtel channels. There will be 9 channels +2 time shift.
What they are not making known is that the only movies that will be shown are those that are currently available to foxtel from the showtime channels studios. Foxtel have bought out PMP (showtime) and thus the content agreements with those movie houses continues.
Foxtel no longer has any agreement with movie network or the studio houses that are on it. So from the 1st Jan there will be no movies from Warner bros, MGM, Lionsgate, Roadshow, Starz, Touchstone, Mirimax and a few others. This is what the rep confirmed after nagging for ages. Foxtel in the future will try negotiate with those studios for direct content deals but there are none in place now or at launch on 1st Jan.
Foxtel will be filing out the new channels with movies from the current showtime movie studio houses.
What this means for you and me is we will still be paying $32 per month for the movie package but there will be 7 less channels and far far less movies to pick from. All movies currently shown on Movie Network will not be there. The exception to this is Disney who will recommence showing movies on the Disney Channel.
I have arranged for disconnection as this is crap! I will not pay the same money for less, or what it really is, is paying double for showtime movies rebranded.
read it carefully, its foxtel saving money and trying to make out like its a good thing for customers.

Well well well......

From WP -

I have just had a very heated discussion with foxtel and managed to get the hidden truth out of the rep regarding the new movie service that starts from 1st Jan.
Yes showtime and movie network are being replaced on 1st Jan with the new foxtel channels. There will be 9 channels +2 time shift.
What they are not making known is that the only movies that will be shown are those that are currently available to foxtel from the showtime channels studios. Foxtel have bought out PMP (showtime) and thus the content agreements with those movie houses continues.
Foxtel no longer has any agreement with movie network or the studio houses that are on it. So from the 1st Jan there will be no movies from Warner bros, MGM, Lionsgate, Roadshow, Starz, Touchstone, Mirimax and a few others. This is what the rep confirmed after nagging for ages. Foxtel in the future will try negotiate with those studios for direct content deals but there are none in place now or at launch on 1st Jan.
Foxtel will be filing out the new channels with movies from the current showtime movie studio houses.
What this means for you and me is we will still be paying $32 per month for the movie package but there will be 7 less channels and far far less movies to pick from. All movies currently shown on Movie Network will not be there. The exception to this is Disney who will recommence showing movies on the Disney Channel.
I have arranged for disconnection as this is crap! I will not pay the same money for less, or what it really is, is paying double for showtime movies rebranded.
read it carefully, its foxtel saving money and trying to make out like its a good thing for customers.

Here's hoping that person realises that the Showtime channels and the Movie Network channels are separate packages?

Capture_zps6584071e.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

MOVIE NETWORK CHANNELS TO GO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back