Remove this Banner Ad

snapper28

Debutant
Aug 21, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good morning Neighbour,

Thank you for waking me this morning buy mowing your lawn at ten to eight this morning. I love waking up to the sound of your victa and the sight of your overwieight frame pushing it through the long grass with your headphones on. I am new to the area so anything I can do to repay the favour let me know.

Regards

Snapper

He wasn't repaying the favour after you had loud, shit music going until late is he?

I do this. My neighbours on one side used to play music until all hours, any night of the week. I know their bedrooms are at the front of the house so I'd mow my lawns a lot earlier than you're supposed to and I'd mow them even when they didn't need it. The leaf blower is a good one too, it's even louder.

They don't do it anymore.

Good morning Neighbour,

Thank you for waking me this morning buy mowing your lawn at ten to eight this morning. I love waking up to the sound of your victa and the sight of your overwieight frame pushing it through the long grass with your headphones on. I am new to the area so anything I can do to repay the favour let me know.

Regards

Snapper

haha. we used to have neighbours who were renovating, and they started up building work at 0530. used to shit me to tears. especially when i was on night duty,

He wasn't repaying the favour after you had loud, shit music going until late is he?

I do this. My neighbours on one side used to play music until all hours, any night of the week. I know their bedrooms are at the front of the house so I'd mow my lawns a lot earlier than you're supposed to and I'd mow them even when they didn't need it. The leaf blower is a good one too, it's even louder.

They don't do it anymore.

Not much chance of that as the wife is 7 months pregnant. I only moved in a month ago, so I may let this slide. I am not quite sure of the laws regarding this however common sense would say that after 9 on a sunday would be the earliest.

This is a tough one...people have different lives so maybe that was the only time he could do it.

Im sure there are laws about noise althouhg i stand corrected on that.

With all due respect i think after 7am is reasonable. I am a young punk and i like my weekend sleep ins and the neighbours soemtimes like to mow the lawn or other things early in the morning but i guess i just have to accept that.

Whatever you do dont get into a petty war with them, things just escalate from there and it becomes much worse.

Maybe have a beet with him and bring it up lightly...or if ur desparate say to him ull do his lawn for him hahahaaha :D

I would've thought on a Sunday they could only start at 9am. Also just go over to his/her house and tell them if they do it again you'll ko him.

My neighbours decided, this morning, to have a nice long chat about the meaning of life at 7.30am pretty much right outside my bedroom window.....

I went out at 7.40 and asked them if they'd like to come in and have a cup of coffee ... "since I can hear every ****ing thing you are saying anyway.."

They stopped talking ... which was nice of them ...:p

Good morning Neighbour,

Regards

Snapper

Residential Noise Act 2009

http://www.epa.vic.gov.au/noise/residential/residential.asp#law

Environment Protection (Residential Noise) Regulations 2008

Group Prescribed items Prohibited times 1 A motor vehicle (except a vehicle moving in or out of premises), lawn mower or other grass cutting device and any equipment or appliance not falling within Group 2 having an internal combustion engine. Monday to Friday: before 7am and after 8pm. Weekends and public holidays: before 9am and after 8pm.
2 An electric power tool, chain or circular saw, gas or air compressor, pneumatic power tool, hammer and any other impacting tool or grinding equipment. Monday to Friday: before 7am and after 8pm. Weekends and public holidays: before 9am and after 8pm.
3 A domestic air conditioner or evaporative cooler, heat pump, swimming pool pump, spa pump, water pump other than a pump being used to fill a header tank, domestic heating equipment (including central heating and hot water systems) and a domestic vacuum cleaner. Monday to Friday: before 7am and after 10pm. Weekends and public holidays: before 9am and after 10pm.
4 A musical instrument and any electrical amplified sound reproducing equipment including a stereo, radio, television and public address system. Monday to Thursday: before 7am and after 10pm.Friday: before 7am and after 11pm.
Saturday and public holidays: before 9am and after 11pm.
Sunday: before 9am and after 10pm.
5 Any electric equipment or appliance not falling within Group 2, Group 3, or Group 4, including electric gardening equipment, but not electric equipment or appliances for personal care or grooming, or for heating, refrigeration or preparation of food. Monday to Friday: before 7am and after 8pm. Weekends and public holidays: before 9am and after 8pm.

a few handfuls of river pebbles or 1/2 minus on his lawn will go undetected until aforementioned lawnmower runs over them and either propels them sideways into his car in driveway or blunts mower blades.

Roundup on his lawn. He won't be needing the lawnmower for a while after it does its thing. :thumbsu:

Remember being woken 1 Sunday morning by a neighbor 2 doors down renovating (sanding floors). Stood on the back patio and screamed out "CAN"T YOU F##KEN SLEEP EITHER" Did the job, didn't hear another thing till 10.30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raise your arm to the sky and angrily shake your fist.

Don't forget to grit your teeth.

Seriously though, if it's a continuous problem, consider having a chat with him, man to many style (not to start and shit or acting bitchy). If it's a one-off, I'd just let it slide, as annoying as it is.

Ugh, hate it. My neighbours always seem to be doing bloody "handy man crap" (ie. using a whole lot of power tools and making a whole lot of ****ing noise). ****ing sucks... and here me and my flatmate are as quiet as mice.

Anyhoo, the worst was my neighbour who actually shares the same property as us, was doing jack hammering. Yup- JACK HAMMERING a whole area of concrete. I thought my head was going to explode.

Then theres the houses next door... oh they are trying to build them who know when they'll actually finish them. (I think we are up to the 2 year mark now). I especially LOVE it how they dont do any work on them at all for like 6 months, but oooh along come the school holidays (i work at a school) and suddenly its all "WORK WORK WORK" on them. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good luck with your noisy neighbours. If you go online, to your local council I'm sure there are noise restrictions. If he is within the times tho, I dont think you can do much tbh...

Edit: well thats karma for you. I whinge on hear about my neighbours, I go home, put my feet up, turn the TV on and -insert jack hammer like noise here-. ****ing bastards.

My reaction was to turn up Neighbours as high as it bloody could go. Hope they enjoyed the episode.

anything after 7am is fine. i love my sleep ins but if the neighbours are mowing their lawn at 7am i just cop it on the chin and live with it. i like to make noise at night (music, mates etc) so if i dont whinge, they wont whinge. its give and take.

anything after 7am is fine. i love my sleep ins but if the neighbours are mowing their lawn at 7am i just cop it on the chin and live with it. i like to make noise at night (music, mates etc) so if i dont whinge, they wont whinge. its give and take.
Anything after 7am is sleep in? Jesus christ.

i didnt say sleeping beyond 7am was sleeping in. i said if they make noise after 7am its fine and that i do enjoy sleeping in. sleeping in to me would be after 10am.

I dunno whether you are just saying it is fine with you or whether it is fine by the law, if it is the latter, try checking out post 8 in this thread.

Either way, I've never really had a problem with any of these sorts of things, that is probably because I could sleep through WWIII though.

Leave him an anonymous note in the letter box, telling him your view on the practice and suggest a time that suits.

If it continues kill his lawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mowing the lawn before 8:00am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back