FTA-TV Mr Inbetween

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming same day in Aus (well 26th anyway)

v84I9g5.jpg

Great show. I really like it. It's good to see the Aussie humor and just little things that remind me of home. Is this pretty popular back in Australia? The acting and blend of violence and comedy works well. Has a lot of heart as well with just things like his brother or struggling to connect with his daughter. Always great music on the end credits too.

Killing all the wannabe gun thieves in the first episode was a bit hard core over $30 k. But then again they did steal the guns and bash Ray & his mate.

Ray was pretty casual about doing a paid job inside the prison. I thought he was about to tell Darren Herriman? to get stuffed when he gave him a job proposition, but nah, no worries.

Enjoyed the last ep of s 2 again too. A good revisit.

I was surprised to look it up and see Scott Ryan won a best actor award a couple of years ago. Not because he didn't deserve it, just because I thought the show might be a little too underground to get attention.

Good points above. That was pretty over the top over the guns. I reckon he would have left them alone if they just gave the $30k back. It was just an honor thing. Also, I think he was offered $10k for that prison job. Not bad for just throwing a mug of coffee!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke in jail who thought violence wasn't the answer found out that he'd asked the wrong question, and Ray who asks the question where violence is the answer is generally correct, but last season found out that it cost him his girlfriend, and now ramifications mean he's starting to lose the respect of his daughter.

I'm starting to think that he'll be alive at the end of the series and possibly won't even be in jail, but he'll be completely alone. In between, if you like.

One of the most underrated shows in recent times. Every episode is entertaining and with some decent Aussie humour/talk. The acting is very good and I love the music at the end credits - loved them using in episode 1 of season 3 - Well Respected Man by The Kinks.

As for how it ends for Ray - I hope its not his death but wouldn't be surprised. I think they have shown glimpses of him being unhappy. His daughter is growing up and has no time for him now and only interested in her phone. He misses Ally but now realises after running into her that's well and truly over. He lost his brother. He seems to be getting fed up with being a hit man. Will be interesting to see how they finish the series.

All in all a very good series that doesn't take itself to seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Mr Inbetween

Remove this Banner Ad

Back