MC_9

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Brent Guerra.

He would have to be one of the first picked each week. He would certainly be one of Clarko's favorites, as he rarely makes any mistakes and always does his job down back.

It is also mind boggling to see some people offer his as an option to be dropped.

Kudos to the Goo, with another underrated season at the Hawks. :thumbsu:

He is pretty much the prototype small defender; can do a good lock down role as well as rebounding excellently.

If Davis can make the AA pocket in a year of good defenders, Guerra is surely a lock...

Been one of my favourites for years. Some of of my Saints mates still get fired up about losing him.

He is just such a work horse.

Always continues to do his job and never does anything unnecessary...

a very important part of our increasingly improving defence.

Last year I was critical of his defensive efforts at times, particularly when the ball was in the air. He also looked slow at times. In addition, on a few occassions, he tried to knock his opponent into next week instead of going after the ball.

This year he has been superb.

Cool under pressure, picking the right options and can't even recall a mistake.

Well done Goo... yeah, yeah.

He is still getting better and better despite turning 30. He would be up there in our B&F right now, having a fine season is Guerra. He could easily play for another 2 years IMO. :)

Steady on there buddylebo, he hasn't quite hit the old 30 just yet! Next Tuesday in fact;)

Goo is one of our favourites, goes about his business week in week out. Keep up the good work goo:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit he's been very good this year.

I have been pretty critical of Goo in the past, even calling for him to be out of the best 22 by the end of year. (thinking Goo would be overtaken by Suckling for his spot in the back line)

But I will admit so far this season he hasnt put a foot wrong. Well done!

The only thing that irks me about Goo is when he does make a mistake he has the tendancy to grab a hammy or something and roll around like he's been shot, only to return and be fine a couple of minutes later.

Yep, love his work. Thought he was quiet last year but has been one of our best this season. Easily top 5 in the B&F right now.

Saw this headline, and thought/hoped it would be about Goo. One of the most underrated players in the entire league, IMO. Who in God's name is calling for him to be dropped?? Damn there are some utter morons out there...

The only thing that irks me about Goo is when he does make a mistake he has the tendancy to grab a hammy or something and roll around like he's been shot, only to return and be fine a couple of minutes later.

Gee and I would have thought that was an attribute you liked about him being a Man U supporter:;););)

Love the work Goo is putting out each week.....

I have to admit he's been very good this year.

I have been pretty critical of Goo in the past, even calling for him to be out of the best 22 by the end of year. (thinking Goo would be overtaken by Suckling for his spot in the back line)

But I will admit so far this season he hasnt put a foot wrong. Well done!

Can't say I've ever noticed that, but there you go.

Good thread, is easy to jump on the bandwagon but I've been banging on about this for years with mates. Has been massively underrated IMO- very poised and does the job week in week out. Has been one of the better value pick-up's that we've managed over the past few years.:thumbsu:

Really? When exactly has this happened?

Really? When exactly has this happened?

I haven't seen him pull up short or reach for the hammy when his opponent does something special but he does sometimes over play the hit in a contest. Especially playing in a FP for St Kilda, it was almost like he had his own personal sniper knocking him off once a week. Used to be big on throwing the head back & falling limp to the ground before making a miraculous recovery to take his kick!

Like I said, not sure about finding an excuse to explain a loss, but used to be very entertaining when taking a hit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Mr. Under Appreciated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back