MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 23 - The Derby Dustup

Remove this Banner Ad

We can but the second appeal is a high bar to clear. You can’t present new evidence. It’s not a fresh new hearing.

You basically have to prove there was an error of law or that the decision was so egregiously wrong that no other tribunal could have possibly come to the same conclusion.

The tribunal’s decision is awful and utterly lacking in an understanding of the game, but it’s very hard to prove beyond doubt that they were acting “unreasonably”. They had reasons, just bad ones.

Find whoever Carlton use.

Ex players are the ones to blame for this farce that it has become.

They were happy to take their money for a decade while playing and then all come crawling out of the woodwork once they see others are.

Played a contact sport and then complain that there was contact and seek compensation. In doing so, they’ve forced the AFLs hand and destroyed the game.

Is it possible for all the clubs to come together and vote "no confidence" for this current admin and boot them out?
Probably the fans could have a crack, but that would mean turning TVs off and not turning up to games for a full weekend if fans all in it together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had been so frustrated with some of the suspensions this year. The AFL are expecting players to react within half a footstep while going full pelt. Players who are protecting themselves correctly are being punished, while those that do not follow a duty of care to themselves are not. Tackles are being suspensions worth based almost solely on the outcome of two elite athletes wrestling each other and things going wrong.

Meanwhile, off ball non footy acts that don’t end in concussions, with more intent and malice are being given slaps on the wrist.

AFL trying to tell players how to tackle after springing this on them with no consultation. 3 weeks for Toby Bedford is just outrageous.

I watched Geelong on the weekend grabbing one arm and holding them still.

Our game is under ****ed. Laura Kane needs to be sacked.

And then they still want to keep the 'fairest' component on the Brownlow.

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office
Robbo and Gerard laughed about that tonight. We get up in arms if players tackle with 1 arm. The so called chicken wing.
Tonight you can't tackle with two arms either.

I honestly think these decisions will go down as a major turning point for the competition. I have never been so baffled as I have been by this weekends MRO decisions, and that's saying a lot because they've made some truly weird decisions over the years. The Bedford/Rosas juxtaposition is batshit insane. The AFL have lost the plot.

Game is well and truly gone. No coincidence that it comes the same week as the Sheppard story breaking which is equally as hilarious given that has nothing to do with how it happened and more to do with how it was dealt with afterwards.

The AFL, as per usual, are trying to make it look like they’re doing something without actually doing anything other than ruin their product.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 23 - The Derby Dustup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back