murph

Remove this Banner Ad

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
what about bob? If we get two decent talls into the forward line next year, where does that leave murph?

is he suffering OP? is that the main reason he hasnt been able to play midfield effectively?

has be been shut out of the midfield alltogether? next year I see the coon, grif, guido, westy and cross being the A team.

I think probably murph and johno are our best bets for forward flankers next year, with both getting a B team rotation through the midfield. Murph can be a dangerous forward but obviously struggles as the main target leading out of the square. Needs a little more room?

Murphy > Cross. Murphy is a highly skilled player that can play in a variety of positions. He lacks consistency but is a quality player.
Next year's team hopefully will have a couple of extra talls in the 22 therefore Murph can move to the flank and wing.

He has been slightly off since his game against Essendon. Not getting anywhere near the pill and not doing much when he gets it.

Love the bloke and hope he can kick another bag this year.

Think he can pretty much play anywhere. Probably play a Hird type role, inspiration and anywhere he can turn a game, midfield, back, forward flank to pinch some goals. A player like him will never be redundent.

stefoid said:
what about bob? If we get two decent talls into the forward line next year, where does that leave murph?

is he suffering OP? is that the main reason he hasnt been able to play midfield effectively?

has be been shut out of the midfield alltogether? next year I see the coon, grif, guido, westy and cross being the A team.

I think probably murph and johno are our best bets for forward flankers next year, with both getting a B team rotation through the midfield. Murph can be a dangerous forward but obviously struggles as the main target leading out of the square. Needs a little more room?
If guys like Murphy can maintain the same work rate then this season may end up being the best thing that ever happened to them.With a more traditional forward set up we could end up with a very dangerous and well balanced forward set up.If we had our talls at CHF and FF respectively with Johnson,Murphy and co running around on the flanks it could create all sorts of problems.I favour Murphy playing with plenty of space across the half forward line.He leads so straight and he attracts the ball to the dangerous part of the ground.

If he was to play midfield then I reckon the wing is his best position.He always does his best work when he is one on one with his opponent.On the weekend he was so dangerous when we got it to him in a one on one situation.I think if he played in the actual centre square he would just be swamped to often.Did some nice things in the last quarter coming into the centre square off a wing.IMO our centre square is right for a while.Cross and West cant be removed because we simply would not have the capacity to get the ball back off the other team without them and Cooney is our most explosive clearance player and can play inside and out.Guido is a good back up for those guys and Griffen is probably only 10-15 games from being able to play meaningful time in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

murph

Remove this Banner Ad

Back