Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When was the last time you saw them all playing at full fitness in the same side?

As much as Barry Hall has improved the Dogs by providing a strong focal point, the fitness of these three will be crucial to their chances of making a Grand Final this year.

Murphy's playing as well as he's ever done. Williams at full fitness is a strong and agile defender, and Cooney sans knee problems is an explosive and elite midfielder.

The sustained fitness of Murphy, Williams and Cooney will be the key to unlocking a GF debut for the Dogs.

Cooney will be fine, he just had a poor pre-season last year. I think Williams is slightly overrated but they probably need him in the team for balance.

Murphy is the key. Classy player and is a very good undersized CHF/HF type. Higgins also needs to stay fit.

Hodgepodge and AG are right, key players for the dogs. If the dogs can be blessed by the injury gods and Higgins, Murphy, Cooney and Hall as well can stay fit, they're a very good chance to win the flag.

Griffen running riot helped too, they look a much better side with him in form. Was in the top five bog IMO. Lets not forget port, they didn't look to bad. A few people will underestimate them this year I reckon.

Murphy is overrated.
You'll get slammed by many a dogs supporter but I understand where you are coming from. He is very light on his feet and can certainly take a grab but in terms of delivery into the forward 50m he could improve. He regularly just wheels around and bombs it in and while this can catch teams off guard sometimes he just needs to wait for the right lead because when he tries to pinpoint and kick he often hits it.

In my opinion one of the key factors to us getting to a Grand Final will be the ability of Josh Hill to convert set shots at over 70%. He marks (often contested) the ball 2-3 times in positions which should produce regulation goals for an AFL forward but he just gets the yips. If he kicks most of those and one from ground level he could kick 50 in a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a signature saying Drew Petrie = Superstar - Oh the irony!

To the OP, Hodgepodge is going to be pissed off when he finds out you hacked into his account and made this thread!

Yeah Murphy is better than Petrie right?

Because;

Murphy is such a gamebreak.e..errr..Wait no he's not.

but he can play at both en....wait no he can't.

oh yeah he can take a contested marrrr....nup.

Murphy has got a bigger hear....no, no heart actually.

Well he once wrote NO WAR on his arm, and that proves.....well nothin really.

Help me out here........

No.

With the way he reads the play and moves around the ground he's an excellent player. If he was 20 kg heavier and 5" taller he'd be Nick Riewoldt.

Great player.

If I wasn't in a wheelchair I would be Nick Riewoldt as well.

Hey imagine if I wasn't in a wheelchair, Bob Murphy was 20kgs heavier and 5" taller and Nick Riewoldt was still Nick Riewoldt.

The three of us would get along great.

well handsome you are wrong about playing both ends of the ground.
Murphy is such a skillful player, has brilliant lateral movement and creates matchup problems for every team in the AFL.

Because;

Well he once wrote NO WAR on his arm, and that proves.....well nothin really.

Help me out here........

Oh dear:rolleyes: such a sad and bitter North supporter, very sad. I'll help you, go see your doctor and ask for Prozac, it will help you, because your team certainly wont.

is it just me or does tom williams looks like he's put on a bit of bulk.

if he can assert himself at CHB then the dogs defence will look extra strong with him, Lake, Morris then not to mention Harbrow running of the half back line.

The kid can play, that's for sure.
His pace and kicking ability are just awesome.

i love griff but its his kicking is the thing thats been letting him down, as well as playing 4 consistant quaters.
but so far great start to the season

Because;

He's won us games before. Didn't have a great 09, but was crippled by injury. At his best he is all class, kicks goals, is our most important attacker

He started out as a backman. When he came back from injury last year he played down back. He's a very good defender. Ignorance is bliss I suppose

He's half Petrie's size. He gets marks by leading up and using his fitness and speed. He takes more marks than Petrie does. Consistently amongst the league leaders for marks

He's 186cms tall and plays CHF, the hardest position on the ground. No heart??? He's very courageous in the air, runs his socks off and I have never seen him take a short step in his life

Help me out here....... .

Apparently there's no helping you out. You have no idea about Rob Murphy. At all. I'm not even saying he is better than Petrie, I'd love to have Petrie, fair minded North fans would love to have Murphy as well. Petries 09 was far better than Murph's, even accounting for his injuries. But your criticisms are so far off the mark its laughable

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy, Williams, Cooney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back