Murray Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

shacka

All Australian
May 20, 2004
Mount Lawley, Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
What's the deal with Murray? How's his VFL form been? Are we likely to promote him next year?

Seems like a likely future CHB, but being in Perth my access to Bullants information is limited (just the results and the reports on the carlton page, both of which seem to not mention him too often).

His 3 biggest problems are

1. His leg speed
2. He has 'zero' physicality in his game for 1 so big.
3. Not great below his knees.

His good points are

1. He has good foot skills. Hits targets with well weighted kicks.
2. Has poise with the footy in his hands.
3. Can take a mark
4. Has good balance and keeps his feet

Coach Mitchell has been into him all year about becoming more physical but it simply doesn't seem to be in his nature.

For me he has been the biggest disappointment on CFC's rookie list simply because he is an excellent size for what we need. Maybe he is a late bloomer but I doubt we will get the chance to see him bloom at CFC

My mate who used to assist coach at the western jets last year with hocking (he's now an assistant recruiting guy at collingwood next to judkins) told me last year that Boyd was no good and wouldn't make it. He also said that cameron gauci was their best shot, but he didn't get drafted either and instead followed hocking over to the peel thunder over in mandurah. This year gauci has been killing them, one week he kicked 7, and was selected to be in the wa state team that played vic the other week but got cut at the last minute. Mind you, that's all at 18 years of age, so no shame for an 18yr old to make the state squad and get cut at the last minute. Apparently Freo are going to give him a shot if he keeps performing, probably on the rookie list but it's a start. Rated the best 18yr old playing in the wafl. I think we should've got him instead of Boyd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Murray Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back