Murray FL 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's a bit of a drama especially after current players already recommitted. It shits me to no end when players say 1 thing but do another, but we'll have to get over it and move on. The good news is if any is that we'll still be able to bring some new blood in, and we've have a pretty good list of locals with the Terlich boys, Taylor, Morgan x 2, Henderson, atkinson's, R power, clark, and a very trim G weston and big Coxy making a come back just to mention a few. In all honesty a worry (more of an annoyance) is the junior boys we've lost to minor leauges for 1 more year of junior footy. It happens everywhere I'm sure, but it's a bigger pain in the ass then losing senior players in my opinion.
Oh yeah sounds good what about all the reserves team will rumba have the exact same or most of the reserves that played last year or will thirds an some last year seniors be pushed into playing reserves do you have a figure on how many have already left???

Oh yeah sounds good what about all the reserves team will rumba have the exact same or most of the reserves that played last year or will thirds an some last year seniors be pushed into playing reserves do you have a figure on how many have already left???
Apologies if this has been mentioned previously but is Cupido bringing anyone down from Darwin with him to Rumba?
At this stage well have a many of the 2's from last year still having a crack with about 3 of those in the mix for 1's according to this preseasons form. Our aim is to not have any thirds fill in at all this year, and a few of rife boys feeling the pinch and opting to play 2's early on.
Yes Cupido has flagged the intention of bringing a few boys down with him, who'll be located down here semi-perminate instead of fly in/fly out, which is pretty exciting because he's a big wrap for them. But there's a bit of a feeling that our local boys have let us down a bit, but it's fairly complicated and understandable when you look at the big picture. but things can change for the good or bad, still ine thing for sure we'll endevoure to have a different club on and off the feild this season.

At this stage well have a many of the 2's from last year still having a crack with about 3 of those in the mix for 1's according to this preseasons form. Our aim is to not have any thirds fill in at all this year, and a few of rife boys feeling the pinch and opting to play 2's early on.
Yes Cupido has flagged the intention of bringing a few boys down with him, who'll be located down here semi-perminate instead of fly in/fly out, which is pretty exciting because he's a big wrap for them. But there's a bit of a feeling that our local boys have let us down a bit, but it's fairly complicated and understandable when you look at the big picture. but things can change for the good or bad, still ine thing for sure we'll endevoure to have a different club on and off the feild this season.
Seems to me that Cupido brings trouble to every club he has played at over the past few years.

Seems to me that Cupido brings trouble to every club he has played at over the past few years.

That seems a bit harsh stuyd, but time will tell i guess. I cant comment on the impact he's had on any of the other clubs he's played at, but at Rumba to date he hasn't set a foot wrong. I've seen him try to make the change in a short time from the player to a coach and he's done everything you could want. Without going into specifics we are happy with his conduct and performance so far, there's a couple of things I personally think he could do a little different. but i also dont lose sight of the fact he's a first time coach with a completely unknown list.

That seems a bit harsh stuyd, but time will tell i guess. I cant comment on the impact he's had on any of the other clubs he's played at, but at Rumba to date he hasn't set a foot wrong. I've seen him try to make the change in a short time from the player to a coach and he's done everything you could want. Without going into specifics we are happy with his conduct and performance so far, there's a couple of things I personally think he could do a little different. but i also dont lose sight of the fact he's a first time coach with a completely unknown list.

wouldnt think its to harsh goodgolly! i think a lot of people would agree with this. even some of those players who you mentioned left the club may have finally realised..

I came across an interesting post on the NTFL facebook page regarding Cupido. He has left Southern Districts off the back of Southern district players advising the coach up there that they would rather play without him!

funny that players from rumba who committed initially have taken off. would of been exciting at first for them, but once they realised what this guys like they didnt want anything to do with it.

hope no more of the locals take off before the season starts

I
wouldnt think its to harsh goodgolly! i think a lot of people would agree with this. even some of those players who you mentioned left the club may have finally realised..

I came across an interesting post on the NTFL facebook page regarding Cupido. He has left Southern Districts off the back of Southern district players advising the coach up there that they would rather play without him!

funny that players from rumba who committed initially have taken off. would of been exciting at first for them, but once they realised what this guys like they didnt want anything to do with it.

hope no more of the locals take off before the season starts

I really would rather move on but just to clarify, the boys that had committed and then moved on anyways did so for money or because they've moved out of the area..... And I can't comment on what districts players said but was it only recent? i only ask because he played up there a week ago...

i think they have had issues with Cupido most of the season and it only just boiled over.. it was also mentioned in the NT thread.

i think they have had issues with Cupido most of the season and it only just boiled over.. it was also mentioned in the NT thread.
Roadrunner,
as I said, every club he has been at over the past few seasons has had trouble occur within the club,,,, I know what the issues are, but decline to go into this , as the guy is a good player and brings people thru the gate so to speak.Lets just say the club is bigger then the individual.

Would love to be Leigh Ramsdale everywhere he coaches its when the club is ready to spend a fortune, would love to see him coach a side that hasn't got a good group and really see how good he is...Move clubs-spend a fortune and leave them broke at the end...Challenge yourself mate
Ramsdale has only coached at Rennie and in talking to the blokes there they all think he is a legend, got them their first flag in 20 years, with the second or third biggest budget that year, and they are not broke since he left. If he has the ability to a) coach b) have a great contact list c) negotiate a solid budget to work with d) get blokes to commit to him and e) get a result, then good on him. And he put back in by coaching the PDFL to an interleague win.

Ramsdale has only coached at Rennie and in talking to the blokes there they all think he is a legend, got them their first flag in 20 years, with the second or third biggest budget that year, and they are not broke since he left. If he has the ability to a) coach b) have a great contact list c) negotiate a solid budget to work with d) get blokes to commit to him and e) get a result, then good on him. And he put back in by coaching the PDFL to an interleague win.
I must say it isn't real hard if your contact list is Yarrawonga

I must say it isn't real hard if your contact list is Yarrawonga
If coaching, playing, being on the committee in a premiership season was easy, wouldn't we be doing it every year. Doesn't matter who your contact are, or how good your list is, you still have to win it. Something some people seem to think is easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If coaching, playing, being on the committee in a premiership season was easy, wouldn't we be doing it every year. Doesn't matter who your contact are, or how good your list is, you still have to win it. Something some people seem to think is easy.
Plenty of young blokes from Yarra prepared to travel across and play, senior players who were on the fringe and second's players who were very capable. With Yarrawonga's chase for other big names these boys are keen to make a statement at senior level.

Would love to be Leigh Ramsdale everywhere he coaches its when the club is ready to spend a fortune, would love to see him coach a side that hasn't got a good group and really see how good he is...Move clubs-spend a fortune and leave them broke at the end...Challenge yourself mate

Now that's a cheap shot from a keyboard warrior. Leigh Ramsdale took on Rennie at the end of 2009 when they were wooden spooners or thereabouts. Got them to the finals in his first year. More importantly, he brought structure, disclipline, and respect to the club. That quality will bring recruits itself. In his 2nd year they got a flag, probably a little unexpectedly. And there were plenty of locals boys in that side. In his 3rd year - 2012, they ran out of gas in the prelim and Leigh decided it was time for a year off. Rennie played finals in 2013 under a new coach so I wouldn't think Leigh left them broke at all. He left the club in far better nick than when he started there. Leigh will never have to pay for a beer in Rennie again - that is how highly regarded he is. Barooga have seen what he has done for Rennie, and given they haven't been travelling that well the last few years I'd dare say they'll be hoping for a similar result. I'm tipping he'll deliver in spades. So gvfl69, how about you "challenge yourself" by coming up with something positive rather than this crap you posted hey?

Now that's a cheap shot from a keyboard warrior. Leigh Ramsdale took on Rennie at the end of 2009 when they were wooden spooners or thereabouts. Got them to the finals in his first year. More importantly, he brought structure, disclipline, and respect to the club. That quality will bring recruits itself. In his 2nd year they got a flag, probably a little unexpectedly. And there were plenty of locals boys in that side. In his 3rd year - 2012, they ran out of gas in the prelim and Leigh decided it was time for a year off. Rennie played finals in 2013 under a new coach so I wouldn't think Leigh left them broke at all. He left the club in far better nick than when he started there. Leigh will never have to pay for a beer in Rennie again - that is how highly regarded he is. Barooga have seen what he has done for Rennie, and given they haven't been travelling that well the last few years I'd dare say they'll be hoping for a similar result. I'm tipping he'll deliver in spades. So gvfl69, how about you "challenge yourself" by coming up with something positive rather than this crap you posted hey?
GVFL 69 is a parasite who has cheap shots at anyone willing to coach..waste of space

Cobram have secured 3 players from Broadford, one if which is a very handy player

Cobram surely have to be kicking themselves about the decision not to peruse harder last year with Olsen, Oliver etc who played for Mulwala? They were local blokes and with numbers extremely low it's disappointing considering the work put in previous years to be a powerhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any more news from rumba goodgolly? have heard you have signed another 2 handy players from NT

Na RR not that I'm aware of, unless its the 2 of the blokes from up there we had already spoken to. we only have 3 boys coming from up there in total at last count, and they'll be staying down here for the duration of the season at least which is better for everyone because I don't reckon fly in fly out works. if there are any new boys coming from interstate I haven't heard of them yet.

Any late-ish preseason recruits?
Sam Ferguson from Shepparton Swans to Congupna late in the preseason. A hard running midfielder that struggled for games in the seniors at the Swans. Will be a regular at the road and will add a touch of class to a young midfield...

Heard on the grapevine that a few Finley players are going well, namely Tom Doyle who is apparently tearing up pre-season and will be very hard to stop.

heard two more rumba players have taken off to kdfl aswell it was announced on a forum i came across do you know about this good golly

heard two more rumba players have taken off to kdfl aswell it was announced on a forum i came across do you know about this good golly

Ah I think you might be referring to blade larkins and Clinton tozer. They'd both gone out to Longwiod with our 2s coach from last year Stephen Neff. They're both good people, and good footballers in their own rights, and we would of been glad to keep em, but neffy's promising them he'll take good care of them out there so they wanted to go. Blade was with us then left to long wood then came back all in the space of about a month early last season, and Clinton was on an off this preseason and couldn't/didn't fully commit. They'll be a loss to the feeling around the place as they were great and very approachable people, but neither lad played a senior game last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back