Murray FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Inter-League Side is there anyone that should be in there that has missed out. I see a few clubs have players not in there why not? Not good enough? Over looked?
How come smith from Barooga didn't play? He would of been my first pick.

Rumba by 73 points. Game was over at half time. Rumba kicked 9 goals in the 2nd qtr and made Barooga look very ordinary. I think Cupido kicked 9 goals and Edwards 4. It was probably Rumbas first 4 qtr game for the year and they looked very good. Still got The two rucks Johnson/Cox to come back in, along with Hendo, tommy Higgins, Ash Miller, Jarrod/Josh and Jamie Atkinson. Dion Williams had his first run today after two years out, in the 2's. he will add some size and versatility to the team.

Rumba by 73 points. Game was over at half time. Rumba kicked 9 goals in the 2nd qtr and made Barooga look very ordinary. I think Cupido kicked 9 goals and Edwards 4. It was probably Rumbas first 4 qtr game for the year and they looked very good. Still got The two rucks Johnson/Cox to come back in, along with Hendo, tommy Higgins, Ash Miller, Jarrod/Josh and Jamie Atkinson. Dion Williams had his first run today after two years out, in the 2's. he will add some size and versatility to the team.

Who's going to go out for those players ? You've reeled off 9 names there plus you have 6 ex afl listed players there's not much room left lol good win by rumba those odds will start to come in

A great win by rumba Boys have they got some class in that side didn't see the game myself but was talking to chopper white Murray league coach and he was very impressed and said they were really good with and without the ball and the return of Lovett Murray is a massive plus with the direction he gives his teammates they are a massive chance to again get the chocolates !!

A great win by rumba Boys have they got some class in that side didn't see the game myself but was talking to chopper white Murray league coach and he was very impressed and said they were really good with and without the ball and the return of Lovett Murray is a massive plus with the direction he gives his teammates they are a massive chance to again get the chocolates !!

.....Na mate Tonny still the team to beat.... I think Barooga just had an off day and we were lucky to kick straight. Lovette-Murrays inclusion can't be underestimated but, he's a great on field leader. Will be interested to see how this weekend pans out but, Mulwala at Mulwala is never easy. We've only won up there once, and we've only beaten them twice in our history in this league. So it's hard enough fronting up against them at the best of times, let along after they've beaten the previously unbeaten league leader! Talk about a confidence booster, I'm guessing they'll be full of beleife this weekend.
BK as for the the ins and outs of the list, I would expect all if any of those boys to come in, it's just that they will be available. But you'd assume Hendo and Jarrod Atk will come in if their body get right, everyone else would be based on balance and performance, including Cox and Johnson.

Anyone know why the Rams coach has stepped down? Is it immediate or end of season?

Family reasons he and his uncle who was his assistant have swapped roles. Still very much involved and if anything his decision is a great example of role modelling to young men.

Congupna.......

OMFG
Not wrong Toxic, consul as win last weekend was a definite surprise, but I'm more intrigued wih Tonny's firm of late.
They've dropped 2 in a row, but this weekends loss is not flattering at all.
What is going on over there Hank?
Have they been stung with injuries?
Or is Nathalia that good?

Watch the Rumba vs Numurkah game and I think the break is comin at the perfect time for us. Some Boys needing a rest after carrying injuries and niggles for a few weeks, a few extra days to recover will make he world of difference.
Our next game against Tonny in a fortnight is shaping up to be season defining for us, lose it and I'd reckon the ride is over, win it and the confidence will be up at the right time of the year...
From the shape of the ladder however, I think like last year the league is pretty even again across the top 6-7 teams. Anyone playing finals at the end of the year will be a legit chance to take it out!!!

Go Rumba!

Not wrong Toxic, consul as win last weekend was a definite surprise, but I'm more intrigued wih Tonny's firm of late.
They've dropped 2 in a row, but this weekends loss is not flattering at all.
What is going on over there Hank?
Have they been stung with injuries?
Or is Nathalia that good?
Go Rumba!

Losing 3 in a row isn't ideal, and especially by 10 goals yesterday. Was only a couple of kicks in it midway through the 3rd, but with no bench in the last half, the boys grounded to a halt in the final quarter. No excuses but injuries have hit us pretty hard over the past month, but good sides cover that.
We would've taken a 9-3 record at the bye in a heartbeat before the first game, so we are still in a good spot and hopefully over the next month we can get some quality back and keep in touch with the top 2.

What has hAppened to the rams ? , I picked them to be on top they looked ordinary against cats . I was a big fan of frog as coach did he resign or was he sacked ? It must be more than injuries and change of coach they have too much talent not to be up their at pointy end of season. I have heard rumours but would like to hear from someone in the know

Last edited:
From the shape of the ladder however, I think like last year the league is pretty even again across the top 6-7 teams. Anyone playing finals at the end of the year will be a legit chance to take it out!!!
Top two is big advantage going in to finals , one win out of two games gets u into grandfinal, 3-6 u have to win three straight to get to grandfinal . Finishing second not third could be difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone out there tell me how barooga coaching staff get along?? Heard a couple of murmours that things aren't all hunky dory....hope I'm wrong as its a great club and they don't need that leading up to finals...

What has hAppened to the rams ? , I picked them to be on top they looked ordinary against cats . I was a big fan of frog as coach did he resign or was he sacked ? It must be more than injuries and change of coach they have too much talent not to be up their at pointy end of season. I have heard rumours but would like to hear from someone in the know

Gday NFB..Consider this, Brayden Hall (key position back), Daniel Jordan (key position back), Ollie Draffin (centreman), Josh Whelan (key position forward), Hayden Barker (key position forward) and Clay Howe (midfield) all gone for the year within the first two games. Thats the whole spine of the team gone and Brayden Hall was the only one that was known to be going (overseas), the others either work away,illness or injured. So Frog was always going to be up against it. He stepped down for personal reasons. On the positive side, plenty of locals getting their chance as well as some good thirds boys. I arent aware of any rumours.

Gday NFB..Consider this, Brayden Hall (key position back), Daniel Jordan (key position back), Ollie Draffin (centreman), Josh Whelan (key position forward), Hayden Barker (key position forward) and Clay Howe (midfield) all gone for the year within the first two games. Thats the whole spine of the team gone and Brayden Hall was the only one that was known to be going (overseas), the others either work away,illness or injured. So Frog was always going to be up against it. He stepped down for personal reasons. On the positive side, plenty of locals getting their chance as well as some good thirds boys. I arent aware of any rumours.

Velvet sledge , the side I saw against Finley was good enough to trouble them , they looked disinterested and unfit , the deni players that u mentioned out for season IMHO only draffin, barker, hall have done well previously against Finley I'm not sure if the others would make a difference

Velvet sledge , the side I saw against Finley was good enough to trouble them , they looked disinterested and unfit , the deni players that u mentioned out for season IMHO only draffin, barker, hall have done well previously against Finley I'm not sure if the others would make a difference

I was at that game and both sides played pretty bad. I had people there who normally are picola league followers and they couldn't believe how bad the standard was and asked me if that was the norm across Murray league. Pained me but I was honest and said no not normally and that it was also not the norm for these two sides as well.
So have a shot at Rams but geez Finley have dropped way off the pace they were at last year as well. I couldn't see any notable outs for you guys correct me if wrong though as I wasnt too interested either haha.
Oh you can add Frog Bartlett (injured out for season) ash Morris injured pulled out on the day as didn't come up so did Amor-Beale and Bull got injured during the game oh and Tom Draffin was out as well and I think there are others but the list has got so long I can't remember. Just one of those years I think.

I was at that game and both sides played pretty bad. I had people there who normally are picola league followers and they couldn't believe how bad the standard was and asked me if that was the norm across Murray league. Pained me but I was honest and said no not normally and that it was also not the norm for these two sides as well.
So have a shot at Rams but geez Finley have dropped way off the pace they were at last year as well. I couldn't see any notable outs for you guys correct me if wrong though as I wasnt too interested either haha.
Oh you can add Frog Bartlett (injured out for season) ash Morris injured pulled out on the day as didn't come up so did Amor-Beale and Bull got injured during the game oh and Tom Draffin was out as well and I think there are others but the list has got so long I can't remember. Just one of those years I think.
Finley half the side of last year , but like u said ordinary game , ordinary standard but picola league standard I don't think so !

Morning,
read in the Shepp news yesterday Tonny have picked up some players before the deadline to help cover some injuries and momoa seem to have been rumered to get back angus grig.
has anyone else picked up some quality recruits that could help push there case for a finals campaign???

Getting to the pointy end of the season now and apart from top 3 I believe any side can make finals all the way from 4th to 9th position going to be a exciting end to the season!
Who would of thought our league could be tighter then last year?? We would have to be the tightest league in country Vic I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back