Murray FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're BIG, really hard to contain early, Avard is a gun, handful fwd and dominant in the ruck(but he was probably needed in both spots at once). We just wore them down and by the last quarter they had more blokes out on their feet than us. No doubt fitness played a role and our intensity after 1/4 time was at a higher level than Barooga. Robbo was their best at Full Back on Reidy, and Shannon Tucker did a great job restricting Downie's influence.

They should match well with Finley if there big I think Finley have 6 players at 6"4 plus.

Hope reidys hammy a can hold up without doubt the most exciting player I've watched at Finley and a ripper in the pub too.

Moama
Nathalia
Finley
Tongala

Barooga
Numurkah
Mulwala
Cobram ?
Rumba

Another good year of footy coming up

They're BIG, really hard to contain early, Avard is a gun, handful fwd and dominant in the ruck(but he was probably needed in both spots at once). We just wore them down and by the last quarter they had more blokes out on their feet than us. No doubt fitness played a role and our intensity after 1/4 time was at a higher level than Barooga. Robbo was their best at Full Back on Reidy, and Shannon Tucker did a great job restricting Downie's influence.
Tonny got a bit rough in the last quarter.......Barooga had a goal disallowed which no one had any idea why

Tonny got a bit rough in the last quarter.......Barooga had a goal disallowed which no one had any idea why
Rough!! That's an interesting take on it, must have been taking as much notice as when the goal was disallowed . 14 shots on goal to 3 in the last quarter I think says enough on which side was in first winning the footy.

Rough!! That's an interesting take on it, must have been taking as much notice as when the goal was disallowed . 14 shots on goal to 3 in the last quarter I think says enough on which side was in first winning the footy.
umpires tonny's all day late on the ground siren had gone, still in the rooms

Finley looked good today and will be a nightmare to match up on. Their plethora of talls move well and are very good when the ball hits the deck. Luxury to have Barlow floating around half forward for a lot of the day and McKenzie on a Wing.

Finley looked good today and will be a nightmare to match up on. Their plethora of talls move well and are very good when the ball hits the deck. Luxury to have Barlow floating around half forward for a lot of the day and McKenzie on a Wing.
Problem for Finley will be getting balance right in regard to how many talls do u play, probably 6-8 players to come into best 18 from today's side which will give Finley plenty of depth

Problem for Finley will be getting balance right in regard to how many talls do u play, probably 6-8 players to come into best 18 from today's side which will give Finley plenty of depth
Couple of injuries come out of today's match number 13 for numurkah and number 4 for Finley any news on these two lads??

As they are when we get beat, says a lot about a clubs culture how they handle losses and the number of players and supporters that go into the rooms on away games.

Everyone knows the clubs that don't stick around after games and it's been that way for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty handy problem to have couple of best and fairest winners and one of the better utilities in the comp to come in would be a dream headache to have

Long way from over , but the )
$8 was very good odds

You did have a chance Hank but you probably can't really be doing that ;)
Haha, it was tempting, had to take the $26 for us, but after seeing Finley first hand yesterday and with the inclusions to come, I'd be happy to cash out now we are into $5!. Would be a nice little return.

Haha, it was tempting, had to take the $26 for us, but after seeing Finley first hand yesterday and with the inclusions to come, I'd be happy to cash out now we are into $5!. Would be a nice little return.

It's definetly the most depth I've seen at Finley and with cam Robbo , Matt Jackson , ned Morrison and ollie ford not having played yet it should make for some enjoyable watching

Lower very handy in his first game (8 goals maybe)

Two robertsons played in the twos due to a wedding and ned Morrison first game back for the year the only other inclusion of the 7 missing was impressive against a united side that have lost most of thier core players from the past few years

Finley/Moama gotta be favourites now?

Rumba/United very disappointing.

Yes would have to agree, Rumba have been disappointing, but they will improve. united will also.
From what I'm hearing Purps are still there about's, Finley have obviously put together a handy side, but Moama will be the side to beat this year..... They will have Grigg back before long and another 1 or 2 surprise inclusions. but as always it's a long season, and there's not telling what roles injuries will play in each club....

Yes would have to agree, Rumba have been disappointing, but they will improve. united will also.
From what I'm hearing Purps are still there about's, Finley have obviously put together a handy side, but Moama will be the side to beat this year..... They will have Grigg back before long and another 1 or 2 surprise inclusions. but as always it's a long season, and there's not telling what roles injuries will play in each club....
Gus Grigg is a huge signing.

will kick 60+ goals with ease.

Heard Rumba are low on money due to all the ex afl recruits?

Yeah I think Grigg will definitely have an impact.

Strange you would hear that kind of talk about any club (RE:money)

Lol, you've heard Rumba was low on money did you lol??..... Yeah definitely right, we never started with a lot of money, and we have even less this year :)

Yeah Grigg will definitely have an impact, knowing he's in their calculations puts Moama ahead of the pack at this stage for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back