Murray FL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sensitive issue and legal implications I’ve been told

And a lot of us have been told things second hand, but knowing and trusting the football community of Tongala, there are two sides to every story. However saying what we’ve heard is not respectful to those we know and trust as well as legal ramifications.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And a lot of us have been told things second hand, but knowing and trusting the football community of Tongala, there are two sides to every story. However saying what we’ve heard is not respectful to those we know and trust as well as legal ramifications.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Correct, always two sides. But the bit there isn’t two sides about is the complete mishandling from the footy club President who could’ve handled this in house well before it’s blown out to what it is. His error in judgement is just as bad, if not worse than what lead to it.

So, forgetting the legal stuff, do we have an answer as to who their coach for 2023 is?
Still the coach for the meantime untill there is decision made. If it gets overturned my understanding is he misses 12 months of coaching but is available to play still.

Shouldn’t have to rely on hindsight to tell you to do the right and respectful thing. That’s a fair stretch to say the only time they’ve been respected is under the current leadership. Is a clubs success only measured on senior W/L? Are you forgetting that football clubs are also netball clubs? And they’re also places where young people, particularly men are nurtured into becoming good people within their club and community with the guidance from club leaders to create a healthy club environment that people want to be involved in, from Auskick and junior netball all the way through to senior sport. I believe this is what clubs and therefore league’s longevity relies on, not wins and losses.
Going back to the “only time they’ve been respected” comment is a slap in the face to their champion netball teams they’ve had over the years and previous strong sides they’ve had over the years. But I wouldn’t expect anything less from you Luke with your “if it’s not senior footy it doesn’t matter attitude” Utterly pathetic comments.

The issue remains as to how and why this issue wasn’t dealt with confidentially firstly within the club , as per clubs rules/ constitution and secondly if deemed necessary reported to the league fir handling . As is seemingly determined by AFL’s own rules , which I would assume will be the basis of any legal action.
There are no winners in this and it has been terribly handled by the AFL who should have placed confidentiality as a significant priority for all involved.
The reputation and character of all involved has unnecessarily been tarnished and bought in question .
Non football issues which occur off field are exactly that .
Do all members of a football / netball club come under the same jurisdiction ?
If this sticks who the **** is going to want to be involved and put themselves at risk of such defamation .

Going back to the “only time they’ve been respected” comment is a slap in the face to their champion netball teams they’ve had over the years and previous strong sides they’ve had over the years. But I wouldn’t expect anything less from you Luke with your “if it’s not senior footy it doesn’t matter attitude” Utterly pathetic comments.
Go back to the part where I said it was about senior footy? Let’s not make stuff up here. I said produced best results. This included the last 2 reserve’s premierships. I’m not going to engage any further on here with you. I will let you continue to “support” without input.

The issue remains as to how and why this issue wasn’t dealt with confidentially firstly within the club , as per clubs rules/ constitution and secondly if deemed necessary reported to the league fir handling . As is seemingly determined by AFL’s own rules , which I would assume will be the basis of any legal action.
There are no winners in this and it has been terribly handled by the AFL who should have placed confidentiality as a significant priority for all involved.
The reputation and character of all involved has unnecessarily been tarnished and bought in question .
Non football issues which occur off field are exactly that .
Do all members of a football / netball club come under the same jurisdiction ?
If this sticks who the * is going to want to be involved and put themselves at risk of such defamation .
Not sure footy clubs have got the expertise to deal with the matter do they roar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it would be viewed or perceived that the club swept it under the carpet, if they did that, without knowing exactly what happened I think the club made the right call, I'd think you'd want to know roar if it happened in picola
I’m hearing 3rd and 4th hand , but my understanding is that the club was dealing with the alleged matter in house and it wasn’t the club who engaged the AFL .
It would appear a matter that should be dealt within the clubs rules / constitution first and foremost and if esculated , handled by the league , which I am not sure occurred .

I reckon it would be viewed or perceived that the club swept it under the carpet, if they did that, without knowing exactly what happened I think the club made the right call, I'd think you'd want to know roar if it happened in picola
The club didn’t make the call for the AFL to be involved. The complainant was dissatisfied with the lack of response from the club and went over them.

The club didn’t make the call for the AFL to be involved. The complainant was dissatisfied with the lack of response from the club and went over them.
And it would appear the process thereafter is inconsistent with the AFL’s member protection policy , whereby the matter should have been investigated by the community league .
Which I believe did not occur .
3EDDD132-FD7E-4994-98E7-A17846AA28D4.jpeg

Trent the flight Steward
To the best of my knowledge Murray is a ‘ community league ‘ , not ‘ elite state or territory level ‘ . 😂
It says an affiliated state body, which is AFL Vic roar also says or so they could go to AFL Vic or the Murray league doesn't say they must go to the Murray league, but hey they don't pay me the big bucks roar 😉

It says an affiliated state body, which is AFL Vic roar also says or so they could go to AFL Vic or the Murray league doesn't say they must go to the Murray league, but hey they don't pay me the big bucks roar 😉
The mention of affiliated state body defines ‘ for alleged breaches occurring at the elite State or Territory level ‘

(b) by the CEO (or equivalent) of the Community Leaque for alleged breaches occurring at the community level,.

Last edited:
Read it properly roar, the Murray league is affiliated with AFL Vic, it also says may and not must, which allows AFL Vic to over rule the league
Read it often as have many including those far more legally minded than me . ‘May’ provides an opportunity for those named it doesn’t mean anyone other the those named can investigate .

Thanks Dennis denuto, maybe read the affiliation at the start
‘ Power to investigate ‘ clearly defines who can investigate what matters at what level and for good reason .
The last two points within that policy under ‘members’ shall be the most concerning for all .
Imagine someone who sponsored a local footy side being investigated by the AFL for a non football issue ?

And years after they have had any association ??

B79A4F60-4AF3-4837-80A7-3DCBE2CF3C90.jpeg B79A4F60-4AF3-4837-80A7-3DCBE2CF3C90.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back