Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all - myself and a few mates are travelling up to tocumwal in August for a golf trip. Would there be any footy on in mid August and something worth watching near Toc? Added points for good atmosphere and stocked bar 🍺
If there’s a game at toc the bar and ground is pretty good. Level of footy might not be fantastic. If not plenty of Murray league towns close by or an hour to shep to watch GV footy. Which is the best footy in the area

Jumped in the car today and went to watch arch rivals barooga v cobram. No love lost on the ground with several yellow cards handed out And a very healthy crowd
Barooga really took it up to Cobram and even got to within 8 points about midway through the last quarter before Cobram swung the momentum back and eventually ran the game out. Barooga actually looked better than one game winners and could maybe manage a couple of upsets in the second half of the year

Jumped in the car today and went to watch arch rivals barooga v cobram. No love lost on the ground with several yellow cards handed out And a very healthy crowd
Barooga really took it up to Cobram and even got to within 8 points about midway through the last quarter before Cobram swung the momentum back and eventually ran the game out. Barooga actually looked better than one game winners and could maybe manage a couple of upsets in the second half of the year

Did Trengove pay his debt??

Does Dayne beams still play for mulwala ?

Keen to hear the thoughts from the local supporters on the standard and quality of the umpiring going around country football? With the AFL chopping and changing and the ‘elite’ struggling with consistency, is this flowing into our local football?

What more can be done to assist our local groups with their umpiring, especially with the amount of $$ being thrown around by the clubs for players.

Have posted this in a couple of other groups around the region to get a good gauge on it all.

Keen to hear the thoughts from the local supporters on the standard and quality of the umpiring going around country football? With the AFL chopping and changing and the ‘elite’ struggling with consistency, is this flowing into our local football?

What more can be done to assist our local groups with their umpiring, especially with the amount of $$ being thrown around by the clubs for players.

Have posted this in a couple of other groups around the region to get a good gauge on it all.
I won’t mention specific games but from the ones I have watched the umpiring has been bizarre to say the least. Never seen so many players ducking for free kicks before either.

The standard of umpiring is quite low but I’m reluctant to jump into them because I feel it is a direct reflection of the lack of numbers they have to choose from. I’d say umpires struggle even more than clubs do to get numbers. Less numbers affects overall standard. That’s my contention anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back