Murray Football League - General Thread June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Ednie was a done deal at $2000 a game plus McKee & Runnals.
Also heard Tyson Sidebottom to Congupna on the same figure!
Any truth to this or summer rumors???:confused:

I don't know where or how reliable your source is but to my knowledge, Craig has not given the club a decision. Not sure of the amount being offered so mere speculation and rumour. Have been told that other MFL clubs have surpassed the amount offered by the Hawks. Can confirm that our U21's have been working extremely hard and are just on the verge of completing a 9 week program. Looking forward to seeing how they go in 2012 as there has been an average of a dozen each night, with a game high of 18 early November!! Would like to see how many other clubs are investing the time and effort into getting their juniors ready for Senior footy?????

Horses mouth ?

Most clubs have given programs to do before the real stuff starts. Other kids from Murray, Picola and GV etc involved in elite programs such as TAC Cup.
Looking for pat on back perhaps?

Congupna got there man in sidebottom!! Also would imagine that reeves will make his way back out the road and with drum already on board and no doubt sidey will drag a few into the team then the road is looking up!! P.s oh yeh i think matty the great hodgetts will be back out running around to at the road!! Its not everyday previous b and f players return!! ha

Congupna got there man in sidebottom!! Also would imagine that reeves will make his way back out the road and with drum already on board and no doubt sidey will drag a few into the team then the road is looking up!! P.s oh yeh i think matty the great hodgetts will be back out running around to at the road!! Its not everyday previous b and f players return!! ha

Is Mud coaching them again?

Would have thought a tough pre season at any club would get everyone ready for senior footy!! Your not trying to defect away from the fact you are spending up again are you big hawk?? (must admit if the players you are getting is true then its finally well spent) Murray leauge clubs are blowing some gvl clubs out of the water with there budgets and as its there to see the o and m and the gvl will be affected!!:(

See its comments like this that really annoy me giveit. As a club, we are trying to assist our juniors in becoming premiership players in any way or form possible. We don't have the luxury of having junior players who eat, breathe, live footy and therefore are trying to instill this into them. Of course we have to recruit to stay competitive as we do not have the population to be able to sustain this. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to do with the money changing hands with players deemed to be required for the side's needs. All I know is that the club is doing everything in its power to help our younger players become better footballers. Fair dinkum, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Oh and by the way, murray banks' comment:
Horses mouth ?

Most clubs have given programs to do before the real stuff starts. Other kids from Murray, Picola and GV etc involved in elite programs such as TAC Cup.

Not looking for any pats on the back mate. Just want to see our young blokes achieve the best they can. Footy tragic, I'll admit it. Just trying to give something back to assist our great club to win a damn premiership!! Love to know the commitment other 'club' juniors, not elite TAC player standard, are involved with but know that our boys have stuck to it and are doing a great job!!

I just posted on the gv site, i heard Marc Quarell whacked Sidebottom and thats why he has left and a few more as well, Quarell has lost the plot at United.

See its comments like this that really annoy me giveit. As a club, we are trying to assist our juniors in becoming premiership players in any way or form possible. We don't have the luxury of having junior players who eat, breathe, live footy and therefore are trying to instill this into them. Of course we have to recruit to stay competitive as we do not have the population to be able to sustain this. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to do with the money changing hands with players deemed to be required for the side's needs. All I know is that the club is doing everything in its power to help our younger players become better footballers. Fair dinkum, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Oh and by the way, murray banks' comment:
Horses mouth ?

Not looking for any pats on the back mate. Just want to see our young blokes achieve the best they can. Footy tragic, I'll admit it. Just trying to give something back to assist our great club to win a damn premiership!! Love to know the commitment other 'club' juniors, not elite TAC player standard, are involved with but know that our boys have stuck to it and are doing a great job!!

Its always great to give back to any club and help juniors. I applaud you for this. A football tragic yes you are. Maybe its got to do with the O at the end of your name ?? like Jonno, Ebo and Ando !!!!

P.S go the cats

Could we see 6 x Sidey's playing at Congupna next year?

Heard Ednie was a done deal at $2000 a game plus McKee & Runnals.
Also heard Tyson Sidebottom to Congupna on the same figure!
Any truth to this or summer rumors???:confused:

I don't know where or how reliable your source is but to my knowledge, Craig has not given the club a decision. Not sure of the amount being offered so mere speculation and rumour. Have been told that other MFL clubs have surpassed the amount offered by the Hawks. Can confirm that our U21's have been working extremely hard and are just on the verge of completing a 9 week program. Looking forward to seeing how they go in 2012 as there has been an average of a dozen each night, with a game high of 18 early November!! Would like to see how many other clubs are investing the time and effort into getting their juniors ready for Senior footy?????

Greedy Greedy footballers.....
No player should be paid or ask for a four figure amount in country footy clubs.... get a grip on reality Barooga & keep out of the MFL Craig Ednie.:(

No player should be paid or ask for a four figure amount in country footy clubs.... get a grip on reality Barooga & keep out of the MFL Craig Ednie.:(
craig ednie and billy neely love to be in the spotlight

I just posted on the gv site, i heard Marc Quarell whacked Sidebottom and thats why he has left and a few more as well, Quarell has lost the plot at United.

Lies lies lies. You people bagging united and their coach are amazing. Quarrell is one of the best coaches going around and I reckon everyone starts these crap rumors cox they are jealous. Find out the facts before you go spreading crap on here. United premiers 2010, 2011 20??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just after some info on some players from deni. lewis and lenny clarke and a young guy named pogue(dylan/darcy???). what can you tell me about them. thanks

Ednie Signed at Mulwala Sunday night.... After they counted all the money raised at the Cod Classic he excepted the deal.. Might call next years the Ednie classic......:eek:

just after some info on some players from deni. lewis and lenny clarke and a young guy named pogue(dylan/darcy???). what can you tell me about them. thanks

Louis Clarke didn't play this year. His younger brother Lenny played in this years premiersip win alongside their good mate Darcy Pogue.

Both Clarke boys are linked to Rusworth in the KDFL and may take Pogue with them.

Nothing official yet.

Louis Clarke didn't play this year. His younger brother Lenny played in this years premiersip win alongside their good mate Darcy Pogue.

Both Clarke boys are linked to Rusworth in the KDFL and may take Pogue with them.

Nothing official yet.

thanks:thumbsu:. what positions do they play/are they any good..

thanks:thumbsu:. what positions do they play/are they any good..

Lenny is a defender. Very big lad for a 20 year old so has no problem playing CHB.

Pogue is a running player and is a good overhead mark.
He is a bit of a utility player and can play on a flank, wing or in a key position.

Not too sure about Louis these days.
A defender if my memory serves me correct.
He isn't as big as his younger brother but is just as strong in one on one contests.

Lenny is a defender. Very big lad for a 20 year old so has no problem playing CHB.

Pogue is a running player and is a good overhead mark.
He is a bit of a utility player and can play on a flank, wing or in a key position.

Not too sure about Louis these days.
A defender if my memory serves me correct.
He isn't as big as his younger brother but is just as strong in one on one contests.

thanks wizard.. much appreciated:thumbsu:

How are finley going? We don't hear much about them on here. I've heard they signed a few from melb and with 1 more to come fresh from the system? Anyone else heard this?

How are finley going? We don't hear much about them on here. I've heard they signed a few from melb and with 1 more to come fresh from the system? Anyone else heard this?

May be talking to one still fresh from the system keeping everything rather quiet over there. Is that a good or bad thing ? time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back