Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

history stands, mcabe gets in all the news papers but hasn't beaten a nathalia ruckman in 4 years 1 on 1. he must have played a great game wen he was younger and that "best ruckman in the murray league" title has just stuck with him as far as I have seen him play
might have been a bit harsh actually

Might fit in there well, experianced some very hostile older ladies (70+) in their little stand last season that would stand up to any clubs best supporters group..

This lady isn't in her 70's she's fit and healthy, drinks like a bloke and fights like a bloke she is crazy

Rumbalara have this week signed former player Clinton Edwards who's back from a stint with South Fremantle, Leithen Briggs and Echuca United's Josh Wanganeen in minor coaching roles.

history stands, mcabe gets in all the news papers but hasn't beaten a nathalia ruckman in 4 years 1 on 1. he must have played a great game wen he was younger and that "best ruckman in the murray league" title has just stuck with him as far as I have seen him play

In my opinion from what ive seen of this guy is that he is more of a around the ground player. He moves pretty well for a bigger guy and is pretty good one his day. But is still an effective ruckman.

In my opinion from what ive seen of this guy is that he is more of a around the ground player. He moves pretty well for a bigger guy and is pretty good one his day. But is still an effective ruckman.
yeh he's pretty good

Heard David Lucas is keen to play at the purps again this year with the same arrangements as last season. Play enough games during the year to qualify and then fly back from WA for the finals. Will be a bonus for Nathalia if he does. Can anyone confirm this???
would be a great asset..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reckon it might put a young ruckman out of a job AGAIN this season at the purples

When you've won one flag in about 30 years, you play the best side available. I don't think any club would knock back one of the best ruckmen in country footy.

When you've won one flag in about 30 years, you play the best side available. I don't think any club would knock back one of the best ruckmen in country footy.

If you want the success to continue i wouldnt be getting a guy from perth to play a few games, during the season then only play finals, while a young kid is playing each week. And only gets dropped when Lucas wants to play.

Would put my nose out of joint.

If you want the success to continue i wouldnt be getting a guy from perth to play a few games, during the season then only play finals, while a young kid is playing each week. And only gets dropped when Lucas wants to play.

Would put my nose out of joint.
Fair call, not sure what will happen this year, but all it did last year was not allow coach Smith to take the field in the GF so probably was worthwhile and didnt affect any youngsters.

Fair call, not sure what will happen this year, but all it did last year was not allow coach Smith to take the field in the GF so probably was worthwhile and didnt affect any youngsters.

In the end Nathalia got the flag, lucas was player of the finals series and they haven't lost any players because of it, so it was justified. If they hadn't have done it and lost they would think "what if" forever.

Nathalia isn't the only club that have done it. I remember when Numurkah won two flags in-a-row, they got Brown back from Bendigo for finals and pretty sure Cowan came back for one of them.

Nathalia's time is now as they do have an older group of players. You wont hear many from Nathalia complaining about Lucas, he's more than welcome to return.

Would Lucas be coming back to play if they werent going to make the finals???
Or would he stay in Perth???

I doubt the club would ask him to come back if they weren't in finals.

I think it is good for there young players to have a guy like Lucas playing, in my opinion to have good experience players that have been there and done it helps develop the young players and it is good to have someone to look up to

I think it is good for there young players to have a guy like Lucas playing, in my opinion to have good experience players that have been there and done it helps develop the young players and it is good to have someone to look up to
What uneduacted views of those opposed to Dave lucas returning to play.The coaching staff would spend countless hours trying to recruit players to combat their deficiencies,if you have a ready made star waiting in the wings to make you a better side at the business end of the season who going by last years results is just that he plays;pure and simple he plays.Its not as though Nathalia sprung a suprise,everyone knew it was going to happen so if you were on the fringe you would learn from him and become a better player not sulk if he took your spot.Flags are rarities so you take what you can to have the best shot at it.The buck stops with the coach if he wants to go that way i'm sur ehe would rather be remembered as a premiership coach rather than a good bloke

What uneduacted views of those opposed to Dave lucas returning to play.The coaching staff would spend countless hours trying to recruit players to combat their deficiencies,if you have a ready made star waiting in the wings to make you a better side at the business end of the season who going by last years results is just that he plays;pure and simple he plays.Its not as though Nathalia sprung a suprise,everyone knew it was going to happen so if you were on the fringe you would learn from him and become a better player not sulk if he took your spot.Flags are rarities so you take what you can to have the best shot at it.The buck stops with the coach if he wants to go that way i'm sur ehe would rather be remembered as a premiership coach rather than a good bloke

Well said.

Did i read correctly a page or two back that Brenton Cooper has taken the coaching job at Benalla and that Glen Coghlan has gone to Cairns? If so how does that leave Mulwala's forward line looking this year? And is Rod Lamberti going round for another season?

Did i read correctly a page or two back that Brenton Cooper has taken the coaching job at Benalla and that Glen Coghlan has gone to Cairns? If so how does that leave Mulwala's forward line looking this year? And is Rod Lamberti going round for another season?
Cooper only played a couple of games and lamberti does nothing but abuse his team mates better of without him if i was a betting man i would put a fortune on them to win the flag with the likes of Sanderson, Stevens, tresize,Kennedy and co ..

Cooper only played a couple of games and lamberti does nothing but abuse his team mates better of without him if i was a betting man i would put a fortune on them to win the flag with the likes of Sanderson, Stevens, tresize,Kennedy and co ..

And Cowman he will be the best ruckman in the league by a mile and not forgetting his Mad Mum she will be craziest supporter in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back