Deniliquin Rams 8.00
Moama 13.00
Numurkah 15.00
Mulwala 34.00
Cobram 51.00
Congupna 67.00
Nathalia 251.00
Rumbalara 501.00

Numurkah at $15 is good value, pushed Toc at the weekend, only play Tongala above them on the road home, so if they beat Tonny on the weekend (whom they have never lost to), they could easily finish 2nd with a double chance.

big win homer! i read in the paper deni had 37 scoring shots to the hawks's 11! must of been very one sided was there much rain?
Hey souts! I reckon seeing as Hank has the Tongala FC's footy mascot as his avatar, you could make yourself a little bit more identifiable by making the netball mascot yours. :D

Hey souts! I reckon seeing as Hank has the Tongala FC's footy mascot as his avatar, you could make yourself a little bit more identifiable by making the netball mascot yours. :D

thats not to bad tucky.... i see your name in the best the other week, pulled the finger out and getting some kicks mate?

Boys thought being a congupna boy I'd report it first. Upset of the season, Congupna by 2 goals over Tocumwal. Absolute fantastic game to watch. Carn The Road....The only downfall to the win is we moved outside the 6

Boys thought being a congupna boy I'd report it first. Upset of the season, Congupna by 2 goals over Tocumwal. Absolute fantastic game to watch. Carn The Road....The only downfall to the win is we moved outside the 6
How many blokes did Congupna flood the Tocumwal forward line with? 17? Great to get a win over the top side but the Congupna boys don't play the nicest brand of football going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ten to four in the morning Tucky , that is an early post even for you , did ya wet the bed ? or are you just exited about the big clash today ?

How did Tiger Bench go ? my mail is he's in career best form

How many blokes did Congupna flood the Tocumwal forward line with? 17? Great to get a win over the top side but the Congupna boys don't play the nicest brand of football going around.

Congupna got the four pts, so thats all that matters in what was a great win for the club. Shame they moved out of top six though :p.

there is no doubt that Mo' town will come right in once they get Ben Fitzpatrick back up to the one's after he has worked his magic in securing the 2's in the finals... and can someone provide an update on the pretty boy Armfield (thought I seen him under the manscaper banner on the VB ad) latest playing stats with the black and white?

Interested to hear our thoughts on the finals venues that have just been announced!!

FINALS 2009

1st Elimination Final Saturday 29th. August

3 v 6

Deniliquin

2nd Elimination Final Sunday 30th. August

4 v 5

Congupna

1st Semi Final Sunday 6th Sept.

Moama

2nd Semi Final Saturday 5th Sept.

Mulwala

Preliminary Final Saturday 12th Sept.

Finley

Grand Final Saturday 19th Sept.

Tocumwal

Very odd that Cobram didn't get any finals this year. From memory, I think they have consistently had two finals for the last few years. Also, they have certainly chosen locations which sit on the outer of the league. Interesting...

Interested to hear our thoughts on the finals venues that have just been announced!!

FINALS 2009

1st Elimination Final Saturday 29th. August

3 v 6

Deniliquin

2nd Elimination Final Sunday 30th. August

4 v 5

Congupna

1st Semi Final Sunday 6th Sept.

Moama

2nd Semi Final Saturday 5th Sept.

Mulwala

Preliminary Final Saturday 12th Sept.

Finley

Grand Final Saturday 19th Sept.

Tocumwal

2nd Semi @ Mulwala is interesting, the two best sides probably been preparing all year to play on the large ground of Toc and now having to win on the smallest ground in the comp to go straight into the finals.
All finals bar one played on finals aspirants grounds so could be some unlucky sides playing sides below them on their home ground. Happened last year with Tongala and Nathalia.
Not sure on this one, all other leagues I've played in always made sure they switched grounds to not allow sides to play on their home ground during finals if at all possible, even if the side finished above the other on the ladder.

Obviously the one that sticks out for us is if we get 3rd spot we may have to play Deni at Deni in an Elimination final, will be tougher than any other final to win in my opinion!!, Maybe if we are in the position last round to not get 2nd we could lose V Deni if we were going to have to face them the next week!! (Will probably be more like Deni and maybe us just having to win to make it anyway) We just have to make the Top 6 at this stage before we worry about any of that.

Others thoughts?

2nd Semi @ Mulwala is interesting, the two best sides probably been preparing all year to play on the large ground of Toc and now having to win on the smallest ground in the comp to go straight into the finals.
All finals bar one played on finals aspirants grounds so could be some unlucky sides playing sides below them on their home ground. Happened last year with Tongala and Nathalia.
Not sure on this one, all other leagues I've played in always made sure they switched grounds to not allow sides to play on their home ground during finals if at all possible, even if the side finished above the other on the ladder.

Obviously the one that sticks out for us is if we get 3rd spot we may have to play Deni at Deni in an Elimination final, will be tougher than any other final to win in my opinion!!, Maybe if we are in the position last round to not get 2nd we could lose V Deni if we were going to have to face them the next week!! (Will probably be more like Deni and maybe us just having to win to make it anyway) We just have to make the Top 6 at this stage before we worry about any of that.

Others thoughts?

Yeh i do agree with you Hank, firstly we will be very lucky to grab a top six spot, we feel we deserve it and will be very competitive, but mid season injuries may cost us in the end.
Secondly, its very good for the clubs concerned, but there should be NO home ground advantage in senior football come finals time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back