Murray Football League - Thirds (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be putting Moama and Congupna and Finley top 3 at this stage without any games being played, Deni would've lost the best part of their side from last year because they were top age I would've thought. Their U14s did make the GF though.
I wouldn't say top 3 but with the team we have and the draw we have congupna should be winning more games than last year.

just wondering how mulwala went on the weekend in the practice match and does anyone know who the fight was with was it locals

Not to saur mate, Do you know there was a Fight in the Deni, Finley game. Should be on between these to teams all year. Which is not a good thing!

Good one Andy.

They sure did have a few players that could of been playing in the top 1s side thats for sure. It will be hard to get a team that good in this league again
Not saying they didn't have a brilliant THIRDS side. They did win the flag. Mulwala were a bit stiff as they also had a great side that year that i'd say would have beaten any of the last two premiership side. But to say they would play senior finals is a bit of a stretch.

From memory Congupnas seniors went out in the first week of finals that year. How many thirds players were playing? Was it just Sidebottom and Pianto?

Not saying they didn't have a brilliant THIRDS side. They did win the flag. Mulwala were a bit stiff as they also had a great side that year that i'd say would have beaten any of the last two premiership side. But to say they would play senior finals is a bit of a stretch.

From memory Congupnas seniors went out in the first week of finals that year. How many thirds players were playing? Was it just Sidebottom and Pianto?

Might've been a bit of a joke on my part mate ;)

Tucket and Muggleton might have been playing ones I think.

Congupna defeated numurkah by 4 points on wednesday while missing a few that would normally be in the best 22. Recruit Joe Dwyer looks set for big year for us up forward.

Congupna also lost to dookie last weekend by a goal, joe dwyer be hard to stop all year.
Dookie play moama tonight be interesting in the difference between road and moama

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congupna defeated numurkah by 4 points on wednesday while missing a few that would normally be in the best 22. Recruit Joe Dwyer looks set for big year for us up forward.

The scores at the end of the game didnt add up correctly, there were more goals kicked for numurkah then there was on the scorecard. anyways, we will see in the season, as im sure these two teams will be in the finals.

The word I've heard is Congupna will be as good as they were in 2007; that team could've made the finals in seniors that year they were that good.

theres no way that congupna will have that good of a side compared to the 2007 one. they barely beat numurkah, whos going to kick there goals if armstrong is playing at center half back. surely joe dwyer is good but is he really capable of kicking a great amount?

Can anyone have a crack at the top 6 for this year
I think that at this stage it is hard to know who will make finals. I say this because some teams have players that will play seniors all year eg: crowe, butts, johns. I'm expecting Deni and Moama to be the teams to beat this year because i don't see many of their thirds playing seniors this year.

Deni
Moama
Finley
Numurkah
Congupna
Echuca/Mulwala

I think that at this stage it is hard to know who will make finals. I say this because some teams have players that will play seniors all year eg: crowe, butts, johns. I'm expecting Deni and Moama to be the teams to beat this year because i don't see many of their thirds playing seniors this year.

Deni
Moama
Finley
Numurkah
Congupna
Echuca/Mulwala

Agreed with it is being hard to pick who will make finals, but surely comming of round 1 form Congupna would be up there, Deni also there abouts as well as Tongala.
Its hard to see Echuca making the six.

Deni
Congupna
Finley
Numurkah
Tongala
Moama / Mulwala

Deni
Moama
Finley
Numurkah
Congupna
Echuca/Mulwala

I reckon that looks about right mate, maybe mul over Echuca,
oh and for Pack #12 Tom kelly FF

Remove this Banner Ad

Murray Football League - Thirds (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back