Muse - Best band of the 00s

Remove this Banner Ad

ant0s

All Australian
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Muse still going strong. Each album better than the last.

Their concert this year was ridiculously good, and i cant wait for more goodness from Bellamy. Pearl Jam may have been the best band of the 90s but its clear whos the best band of today!

If your not familiar with Muse just youtube muse and go thru and watch and listen to their genius!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont even like radiohead and even i know muse are a poor mans radiohead

I've heard people say this, and I can see some similarities, but I like Muse and don't like Radiohead, true story.

And if you're basing this "contest" purely on talent, I think Tool, Opeth, Meshuggah, Dream Theater are more talented musicians than the guys in Muse.

And Coldplay are shit IMO.

I've heard people say this, and I can see some similarities, but I like Muse and don't like Radiohead, true story.

And if you're basing this "contest" purely on talent, I think Tool, Opeth, Meshuggah, Dream Theater are more talented musicians than the guys in Muse.

And Coldplay are shit IMO.

Bit tough to compare different genres i guess..

no not really. youtube starlight muse to get a quick feel....then go muscle museum...... then proceed through all videos for a basic gist

Well, for one, Radiohead are arguably better than any acts today. Unfair to compare.
Oasis have done almost bugger all in the '00's, so no. Pearl Jam can be accused of it too, albeit have done better. Tool keep building & building, despite only 2 albums this decade. Same with U2.
Muse have failed to do any better this decade than the likes of QOTSA, White Stripes, Coldplay, The Killers, Placebo, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Audioslave, etc.

I dont even like most of those bands, but Muse are still lurking in that territory. They have failed to do anything worth of note yet. Black Holes & Revelations was largely crap other than the occasional song. Same with their previous albums.
Muse havent achieved that next teir yet, that others like Radiohead, Pearl Jam, U2, Tool & even Oasis are part of. They havent impacted us enough.

Maybe Muse's next album though. Who knows. That might be their big one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Muse - Best band of the 00s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back