Must Belt Richmond this week!

Remove this Banner Ad

If we lose, we will be the laughing stock of the competition again.

I will also head to the Westgate.

Seriously Richmond are bad enough as it is, then factor in their suspensions..... we better not lose.

i hope the Dees dont get 2 cocky, then choak

We should win, i mean we let them win last year and they only beat us after the siren. but if we play how we did against hawthorn we could definetely lose.

i've never credited Richmond fans with much in the way of brain power (they go for richmond after all), let alone those on the bay. Do we really want to have him going around there for a week defending us or worse, trolling on our behalf???
If we win and the bet goes through, he'll be trolling Richmond all week.

Yep, possibly the best chance they'll have all year. The key of course is to get the ball down quick through the corridore and put their defence under constant pressure and to give our forwards a chance to exploit them. If we go sideways and over hand ball then we'll be letting them off the hook. I think the midfield battle will still be interesting.

And actually have our forward line in the forward line.

In all fairness, the top tier of Richmond supporters are smart enough to realise that we'll be too good for them.
Mcuzzy was the only one who was prepared to put his money where his mouth was. The rest of the flogs scurried off when it came to this.
Not sure what's happening on the bay, never visit myself, but you're correct when it comes to the actual Richmond board. We realise we're a ridiculously young side - three more debutants this week in Dea, Astbury and Taylor - and just won't have the cattle to get past you. Good luck Sunday.

Not sure what's happening on the bay, never visit myself, but you're correct when it comes to the actual Richmond board. We realise we're a ridiculously young side - three more debutants this week in Dea, Astbury and Taylor - and just won't have the cattle to get past you. Good luck Sunday.

Astbury looked pretty good in the NAB. Hope he does well. I played a couple of games with Griffiths and he has the talent to be an AFL forward, just so injury prone. If these two blokes, along with Riewoldt, become something, Richmond will have a pretty solid forward line in 5 years.

Yep, possibly the best chance they'll have all year. The key of course is to get the ball down quick through the corridore and put their defence under constant pressure and to give our forwards a chance to exploit them. If we go sideways and over hand ball then we'll be letting them off the hook. I think the midfield battle will still be interesting.
if king and hislop are in the team you will have a great day. are those 2 aware in afl you need to help your team and not kick to the opposition.

Good luck to you too Turtle.
Saw the changes. 2 injuries on top of the 4 suspensions will hurt, with Jackson also doubtful. I believe Hardwick is taking Richmond in the right direction long term by playing youth and cracking down on player behaviour. Melbourne have been in the same boat for the past 3 seasons and are only just now starting to reap the rewards for their patience and faith in the young brigade.
Richmond have some good young players to build the side around - Morton, Riewoldt, Vickery, Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Post and Nason. Hang in there, the Tigers will return to their former glory in the coming seasons.

if king and hislop are in the team you will have a great day. are those 2 aware in afl you need to help your team and not kick to the opposition.
King on an extended bench. No Hislop though. :cool:
And no Jordan McMahon either. :(

could we be in the 8 if we notch up the 4 points?
if so, i will "print screen" and frame it.

If the Pies beat the Hawks and the Cats beat the Power then yes we will be in the 8 if we win by any margin. :thumbsu:

But seriously speeking we should absolutely thump Richmond this week. They're bad enough really without having several key players suspended. I'll still be very pleased with the win if we get it but anything under a 5 goal victory as said in the opener and i'll will be morally disappointed.

Looks like Sylvia will be coming in for Juice if the extended bench is anything to go by. :)

On a side note i was looking at the fixture to do my tips and realised its a big round for some clubs, most importantly Hawthorn. I went to the AFL webiste and did their ladder predictor if results fall our way and we win well we could be in the 8 at the end of the round :eek:.

http://www.afl.com.au/ladder predictor/tabid/13046/default.aspx

The two sides we need to win are;
Collingwood beat hawks
Adelaide def Carlton

And the other games are close and no upset we should sneak into 8th spot; and if West coast, Sydney and Geelong all win should increase our chances!

But the most important thing is we win, i am a little nervours i know sides after a turbulent week in the media come out fire up and play well. I suppose its the pessimist in me and the fact we favourites to win i just really hope for everyones sake we don't take 5 giant steps backwards and lose this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed Saj - a bit nervous about ths game as well. Our recent form against Richmond isn't too great and we have never been very good front runners ie we lose games we are expected to win more often than I would like.

Hopefully we jump out of the gates quick, get the Tiges second guessing and maybe dropping their heads a bit and put the game beyond doubt early.

DL

Agreed Saj - a bit nervous about ths game as well. Our recent form against Richmond isn't too great and we have never been very good front runners ie we lose games we are expected to win more often than I would like.

Hopefully we jump out of the gates quick, get the Tiges second guessing nad maybe dropping their heads a bit and put the game beyond doubt early.

DL

I will be re assured or more worried 5 minutes into the game. For mine if we keep our forward line structure in place and have blokes leading at the kicker as opposed to running with the flight of the ball into open space (pagans paddock style) we will win the game. This is what happened last week, first half = no structure = goals, second half = fwd line structure = goals!

Odds-wise Geelong are the biggest favourite this round at $1.12 (according to today's Age), after that it's the Saints and Dees tied for second at $1.28! crazy.

Get on it Fev!

We should win this week.......

... Geez, that felt good.

In saying that though, we should be realistic. We played some of our best footy against a Collingwood side who looked half cut (and probably were) and still lost, albeit by a point.
Then we played well against Adelaide, with some ever present skill errors, and only managed to beat them by 16 points, even though they were playing with 18 fit men.

We deserved to win both games and should get another one this weekend. But realistically if we had of met any sides playing their best in either of those last two games, the results may have been a bit less favourable.

We will still beat Richmond by millions, as they are playing like fuddy-duddy's and enjoy punching eachother in the face.

Astbury looked pretty good in the NAB. Hope he does well. I played a couple of games with Griffiths and he has the talent to be an AFL forward, just so injury prone. If these two blokes, along with Riewoldt, become something, Richmond will have a pretty solid forward line in 5 years.

Was that in the little league????:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Must Belt Richmond this week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back