MVP Round 17 Votes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant even.

The emotions were so high on this i cant pick out 5 players out of those magnificent buncha bastards.

5) west coast midfield
4) west coast defence
3) west coast forwards
2) west coast ruck
1) west coast coaches

Hm - the MCG, the runners, the docs, the club admin, recruiting staff

Dm nn’s knee

Last edited:

5 Gov
4 Rioli
3 Redden (massive second half, but thought was quite poor in the first)
2 Lycett
1 Hutch

Bit surprised at the lack of love for Lycett here, but we had a lot of players who stood at various times in the match. Still, he was crashing into Grundy all day. Workrate was huge and he kept one of the form rucks in the league quiet, as well as contributing well around ground.

5. Gov
4. Redden
3. Shuey
2. Rioli
1. Hurn

Also liked Lycett, stepped up when NN was injured and was up against Grundy (no real influence). Hutch another great job on Sidebum. Love Cole attack on footy and Duggan had some key moments that were elite.

Harsh on Schoey given the pies ball movement early. Sometimes you genuinely can't defend. De Goey is a lot like Stringer as well, when he's on he's on, think Yeo for us.

He's not matched for that sort of player but he's done well and is very good depth. Barrass wouldn't have been agile enough either.
The mistake was made at match committee selection, not the player per-se.

Even in winning games, improvements can still be made.
I don't really see your point and I stand by my statement the MC got it wrong on this selection.

That said, he's played very well the last few weeks.
Cox was a late out. Who was our travelling emergency? Ainsworth.

Cox plays and we definitely needed Schofield. We didnt have a smaller defender to bring in even if we wanted to.

I just dont see what the MC got wrong.

Leaving Schofield in was the right move. Putting him on de Goey was the wrong move and they changed the matchups when that was evident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 527887

7-when-your-guy-is-having-a-bad-day.gif

tumblr_nakozl9Hqe1rlb6iho1_400.gif
Not as good as his previous game but he was no passenger. Tried hard all day and did some good work in the second half especially.

5. Hurn
4. McGovern
3. Shuey
2. Hutchings
1. Rioli

Redden very good but felt Hutch’s job on Sidebottom and Rioli’s pressure/finishing needed to be rewarded with votes

Cox was a late out. Who was our travelling emergency? Ainsworth.

Cox plays and we definitely needed Schofield. We didnt have a smaller defender to bring in even if we wanted to.

I just dont see what the MC got wrong.

Leaving Schofield in was the right move. Putting him on de Goey was the wrong move and they changed the matchups when that was evident.
I didn't realise he was a late out, thought he was out in initial team naming.
If that's the case, it makes a lot more sense.

New
5. McGovern - Superb BOG for sure 12 marks most of them intercept
4. Redden - 30 possesions, 11 contested possessions, 7 tackles, 1 goal. The complete performance
3. Hurn - The captain was great
2. Hutchings - Did a terrific job on Sidebottom
1. Shuey - Excellent in the clearances

*HM - Jetta, Rioli and JK

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP Round 17 Votes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back