My Favourite Nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

There's an article in today's Age mentioning that Brian Peake might be nominated for Hall of Fame. I can remember him coming over from the West, the cat's had chased him for years. But his career was getting towards the end when he did come over, and we never saw the best of him.

Lou Richards was still commentating at that time and nick named him "pasties", as in "past'ies peake" ...

I've got a feeling it might have been the great Bobby Davis who coined the the nickname "Pasties". I remember watching League Teams (that also featured Lou Richards and Jack Dyer) one night, and Bobby cracked the line that Brian Peake had a new name. Might not have been Bobby's creation (might have been dubbed by some else down G-Town way), but I think he was the one that brought it to the table. Must admit it made me laugh on the night.

I'm not sure whether you are inferring he's not worthy of the nomination, or simply looking for shared memories of his time @ KP.

I'll assume it's the latter and say I was there on the day stumped up in the old Reg Hickey. His snapped goal in the pocket (now "Ablett Terrace" section) had the crowd absolutely buzzing with excitement.
Even though I would have seen a great majority of the games in his time with the Cats, I can't say I recall a lot more about his performances....it could have been all down hill from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

My Favourite Nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

Back