Fishing My fish keep eating each other!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite fishing, but about fish so I thought I'd stick it here.

Over the past two weeks four of my fish have been eaten. I find them on the bottom of the tank with half their bodies/heads removed.

I did have 8 Rosy Barbs, but I am now down to four. There are three goldfish also in the tank but they keep to themselves. I believe I only ever had one male as he has the pink on him, while the other 7 (now 3) are females.

Done some research and Rosy Barbs are content fish.. Any ideas?

How big's your tank? If your tank is too small for the amount of fish in it they will become aggressive. Most likely it's the barbs eating each other, goldfish aren't usually aggressive although they can be during breeding season. Have you had the fish for a while before this happened?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another dead one this morning. The arse eaten out of it apparently. I wasnt home to see it, so cant say which fish it was. They are all rather randy today and swimming around, so they are playing it cool.

Little smarmy gits.

The joke is on them though because as soon as there is only one left, I will know who to blame. If he/she is smart, they will stop killing each other. Plus there is now two of each sex left, so its quite obvious that if the next one to be eaten is a male, that the other male has been the killer all along.

Little smarmy gits.

The joke is on them though because as soon as there is only one left, I will know who to blame. If he/she is smart, they will stop killing each other. Plus there is now two of each sex left, so its quite obvious that if the next one to be eaten is a male, that the other male has been the killer all along.

Normally a male will eat the female, although some female spiders eat the male after sex.

Don't know whether fish do this tho'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fishing My fish keep eating each other!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back