My ODI team for this summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Afridi6666

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
So Haydos & Gilly mae retiring so i excluded em.......i have also excluded Hussey & people wont like that but just keep an open mind. a team going forward. a super team to stick with & build for 2011.

Ronchi (wk)
Jaques
Ponting (c)
Clarke
Symonds
Butterworth
Robot
Bailey
Johnson
Hillfenhaus
Tait

I really wanted to find a place for Cam White but there just isnt one without disterbing team balance. I thought about putting him in for Robot but Robot is the better option. White can probably consistently hit more sixes than Robot but unlike Robot he isnt realiable when chasing a score under pressure. Robots part time bowling is also superior...If White could be a normal human & start turning his Leggies then it would be awsome to be able to slot him in at 8.

Ronchi - Perfect Gilly replacement - Brutal in the Gilly mold. Fastest Domestic List-A century to his name.
Jaques - Best opener in world cricket IMO. Highly agressive. Steve waugh said he could be next Gilly.
Butterworth - I see him as our best allrounder allready. Awsome stats after 5 games (i know its just 5 games but C'mon, he is class & Ponting seems to really rate him aswell). Is a matchwinner with bat & ball so far unlike Robot.
Bailey - Has the most talent out of any of the young spinners & still improving (im pretty sure Warney has given him the biggest wraps of them all). He is also looking like being formidable with the bat.
Johnson - As long as he doesnt get arogant again & strutt around thinking he is the be-all & end-all of Aus bowling. He also has got good tonking ability.
Hilfenhaus - Our Mcgrath replacement. The leader of our pace attack. Future worlds best bowler.

Some of you may be wondering why i have Robot still in the team when there is allready gun allrounder Butterworth in the side....I consider Robot as a better finisher than Huss now, he has added improvisasional shots that Huss dont have & is a bigger hitter but still has a classy defense & can chase scores under pressure like Huss. Robot can also oviously bowl 2 or 3 overs a game for variety. Butterworth will oviously be the allrounder who bowls the most though.

Bracken, Huss & Lee are a bit unlucky but these things happen. I doubt Lee will be around in 4 year & if he is he will have lost his edge. Bracken wil be 34 in 4 years & will probably deteriorate the same way as Vaas has. Huss isnt the same man as we saw in his 1st season or so & i feel Robot is better as finisher anyway & much younger.

I WISH that was the side for next summer. A wish that wont come true but ohh well. Good to dream.

With Hayden and Gilly now gone my team is
Hodge
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Haddin
Hogg (one last summer)
Lee
Hilfenhaus
Tait
Lol I forgot Bracken replace Hilfy with Bracken however I'm still undecided if Tait and Lee would work together. If the pitch suits Hilfy he should get in ahead of Tait but otherwise Tait>Hilfy

miggles that is good

however i go like this

Watson
Clarke
Ponting
Hodge
Hussey(wk)
Symonds
White
Lee
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Bracken

Watson [future superstar]
Haddin
ponting
clarke
Hodge
symmonds
hussey
Lee
Cullen [cocky but good and young]
Hilfenhaus
Tait

Watson [future superstar]
Haddin
ponting
clarke
Hodge
symmonds
hussey
Lee
Cullen [cocky but good and young]
Hilfenhaus
Tait

Watson will never be a superstar. I think he'll be in our side in both forms for a long time, but he'll never be a star, nor win an AB Medal (Robert Craddock you idiot).
Cullen got dropped from SA. He won't get near the ODI team.
For this summer I'd have:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Roy
Huss
Batty Boy Watto
Lee
Hogg
Bracken
Tait
12th man - Hilfy

I'd swap Tait and Hilf around if Tait and Lee find they can't bowl consistently well in the same side.

Why would we change the side? Surely we'll rotate players in and out like we do anyway, but our first choice XI would be the team that played in (and won the World Cup, comprehensively and undefeated), except McGrath is out and Lee would come back into the side, it's simple...

Hilfenhaus, Haddin, Hodge, White, Clark & Johnson may get a run in the side at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we change the side? Surely we'll rotate players in and out like we do anyway, but our first choice XI would be the team that played in (and won the World Cup, comprehensively and undefeated), except McGrath is out and Lee would come back into the side, it's simple...

Hilfenhaus, Haddin, Hodge, White, Clark & Johnson may get a run in the side at some stage.
Makes sense to me.

I expect to see Voges given a chance somewhere along the line as well.

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Watson
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Tait

12th Man: Hilfenhaus

That's the one. Do i see Robot there Djibril:eek:

If Hayden and Gilly give up ODIs before the summer:

Watson
Jaques
Ponting
Clarke
Roy
Huss (anyone who writes him off is a tool)
Haddin (planning for next world cup, he'll be 33/34 so will still be around unless Ronchi can force past him)
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Tait

And yeah there'll be plenty of rotating too over the next 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

My ODI team for this summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back