Myles Sewell

Remove this Banner Ad

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
After another dominant year in the VFL Myles Sewell is a monty to be picked up at draft time.

My sources tell me that Carlton and Sydney are right into him with Geelong also very interested.

Question is what is he worth? it would not surprise to see a first round pick used on him considering all the best kids will end up at GC.

Michael Barlow and his success at Freo may have just started a trend now and a lot of clubs will be keeping a spot or two on the list for these late maturing sort of players.

After another dominant year in the VFL Myles Sewell is a monty to be picked up at draft time.

My sources tell me that Carlton and Sydney are right into him with Geelong also very interested.

Question is what is he worth? it would not surprise to see a first round pick used on him considering all the best kids will end up at GC.

Michael Barlow and his success at Freo may have just started a trend now and a lot of clubs will be keeping a spot or two on the list for these late maturing sort of players.

While he won't go in the 1st round I do believe he will be better than half of the 1st round selections.

Not a great athlete and not powerfully build. But just a very good footballer who has every chance to be productive at AFL level.

Whoever takes Myles will be a very happy with their selection.

Would have thought so mate, maybe they missed the boat, there are plenty of guys running around at VFL level quite capable of stepping up and having an influence.

That's what I thought too but I wasn't sure. When TBD said it could be because they were into him for themselves as a response to the question it threw me out.

Any chance the Hawks are interested in him?

From what I understand GC can only prelist players that have been on an AFL list in the past ( i.e. Andrew Krakouer ) Not 100% sure but i think thats the case

Incorrect.

They pre-list players that have nominated for the draft before, Myles has definately nominated.

He would of definately been pre-listed.

IMO they will keep him.

Then whynot just prelist and KEEP him then?

If they want him, they will. No great rush at this stage. The nomination deadline is a while away yet. Keeping their options open in the meantime.

Freo has been very keen for a long time now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sewell will = average afl player ball magnet but with his sluggish speed and disposal he won't get far.

The same was said about S.Mitchell years ago. You may be right but he would be worth a punt for a late pick IMO

yeah, same as michael barlow, will never be AFL standard cos he just gets lots of the ball and isn't fast.....oh wait...nevermind ;)

M.Barlow was a 6"3/90kg midfielder, who ran a 2.93 at the state screening, he was far from slow.

Was also a much bigger accumulator of the footy than Sewell at all levels imo.

Sewell is just one of those blokes that gets the ball. I am not sure it would matter what comp he played.

Reminds me of junior McDonald from Melbourne. Just gets a lot of it but is not really worth being tagged cos the team has better attacking mids that need the attention. He might even tag a bit himself.

Sewell is just one of those blokes that gets the ball. I am not sure it would matter what comp he played.

Reminds me of junior McDonald from Melbourne. Just gets a lot of it but is not really worth being tagged cos the team has better attacking mids that need the attention. He might even tag a bit himself.

Dane Swan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Myles Sewell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back